'Remove Wehby, Grace conflict'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    No one has ever questioned his integrity as far as I know Willi, even Omar Davies made a point to say he has every confidence in Webhy's abilities but all the people I hear who are opposing are asking, is to remove any conflict that may arise...that's all, so when people talk bout bitterness and smoke screen them deh pon dem own.
    Well, as Q.C. Phipps indicated. "In everything there is always the potential for conflicts, however, it is how you deal with it."

Isn't it strange that all of a sudden the PNP is concerned about conflicts and transparency?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He resigned from them but still being paid!?!? How dat go?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        so...after all of that...should he resign? yes or no.
        Difficult decision! I am conflicted!
        Don is a good man!
        ...also, his work speaks for itself!

Does Jamaica need persons such as Don? Damn right it does!
        How do you get Don's and persons with such as Don's input without openning a can of worms?

I have not decided in my own mind how it can be done in the short term...

...but, in the long term - and I have been consistent here (sorry about that, gamma) -
        I know you all are going to bawl blood, but I have consistently said it - attract quality career technicians (Don would be consisted a 'financial technician') by among other things increasing the salaries - not bawling about the salaries - of MPs, Government Ministers and quasi-government appointees, including consultants - and strengthen contracts - terms under which employed, penalites if 'dem tief' or come afoul of their fudiciary responsibilities...and, prove inefficient i.e. 'fiyah dem'/'sen dem a prison''/seize assets, black mark dem', etc, etc. -- make the returns to such persons attractive and the consequences of fouling up dire.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Better late than never. But you are right, the PNP didn't give 2 hoots about that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

YES or NO?!!....backside man!!!!

yuh have every right to apologise....yuh read whey yuh write? increase salaries??!! whey di money going to come from?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

can you?! vin lawrence!!
              Interesting point?
              Questions:
              Was Vin lawrence being paid by private sector interests?

Was Vin Lawrence running a private firm and or director of a private firm doing business with the government?

If either or if any other persons within government (PNP or JLP) have such arrangements it raises troubling questions on where the decisions made by Vin and or 'those others' always in best interest of the country or self(selves)?

It is a tremendous task in a country...small country like Jamacia, where there is one degree of separation...to not have such conflicts and or any possible appearance of such conflicts.

Unlike Azan's claims of 'family' not being privy to individual 'family member's' personal knowledge that if shared would be beneficial to 'family' being nobly withheld...I go the other way and believe it would be ignoble to withhold the info from the 'family'.

Imagine me keeping away from my wife info that would improve her and or her family's lot?

Trus mi, not on!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yuh ask those questions as if yuh neva know? how yuh suh knowledgeable about jlp goings on and suh ignorant of pnp business?

up to this year (or was it last year) this issue was raised by the contractor general....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

YES or NO?!!....backside man!!!!

yuh have every right to apologise....yuh read whey yuh write? increase salaries??!! whey di money going to come from?!!!
                  Wah rot?
                  weh di money a guh come fram annually for 'free tution' and 'free health care'?

Boss yuh read wah yuh rite as wi go along...bettah yet - yuh tink bout wah yuh rite? Be consistent, nuh?

...and, if you have been reading what I have been posting you would have seen how I suggested/have been suggesting -always consistent, even as you claim otherwise - we get money to move forward...on all fronts!

Comment

yuh ask those questions as if yuh neva know? how yuh suh knowledgeable about jlp goings on and suh ignorant of pnp business?

up to this year (or was it last year) this issue was raised by the contractor general....
                    ...and, what did I say to the Contractor-general concerns? ...bettr yet what did you and the 'klan' say?

What position are you and the "Klan" now taking?

Unnuh fi be consistent!!

Comment

YES or NO!! is that difficult to do?

Comment

I wonder what you would have
                        said if the PNP had hired a Trafigura exce. (with Trafigura paying part of the salary). It's good to see that Grace is so interested in seeing JA move forward that they will pay one of their execs to help run the govt. (Microsoft should take a cue here).

On the Trafigura incident; I asked if anyone really understands how corporations work and if they are not always self serving. I was dismissed by Willi and the JLP crew. JA's future looks very bright (where's my sunglasses).

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          Agreed, except for the Stock bonus. That would not remove the connection and hence the conflict.
                          I think, over here the person resigns and sell all his stocks...cuts all ties with the private sector entity and receives cash 'severance pay'. - cash bonus!

...sham...because as soon as they are out of office the 'good old boys' welcome them back with open arms.

I also think after leaving the government certain jobs in 'allied fields' cannot be taken until some number of years have passed....I think!

Comment

You see wha me a seh bout Karl not thinking???
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

YES or NO!! is that difficult to do?
                              yuh a lawyer! yuh waan fi yuh hansa!
                              not now!

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                                I wonder what you would have
                                said if the PNP had hired a Trafigura exce. (with Trafigura paying part of the salary). It's good to see that Grace is so interested in seeing JA move forward that they will pay one of their execs to help run the govt. (Microsoft should take a cue here).

On the Trafigura incident; I asked if anyone really understands how corporations work and if they are not always self serving. I was dismissed by Willi and the JLP crew. JA's future looks very bright (where's my sunglasses).
                                Tilla, can we get an emoticon shaking his head in disbelief? Jawge, what is the difference between Trafigura and Grace Kennedy? As a matter of fact ... whats the similarities between the Trafigua issue and this issue?
                                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                                X