Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    So the JCC not mekking sense then?
    This is the real world Mo. In light of Omar's (and the former PM's) insincere rantings on the matter and given the positions of influence they hold and because Jamaica does not operate in isolation from the rest of the world particularly given the critical task the gentleman in question is charged with, the JCC had to respond this way, and it is correct that they have done so.

This does not negate the fact that this is a stupid distraction, borne out of bitterness.

Comment

The JCC?! This JCC?!?!?! Cho, yuh not serious!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wehby should resign and remove any appearance or perception of a conflict. I think he will do this anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
          Wehby should resign and remove any appearance or perception of a conflict. I think he will do this anyway.
          Didn't he resign already? I heard on the radio that he had already resigned.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

everybody talk like seh is only one option him have! he could decline the appointment.....who would be the worse off for it if he declines? the jlp or jamaica?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wehby wont let us down. I know him personally and dont have to go off the media assessment to know the quality of the man

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                everybody talk like seh is only one option him have! he could decline the appointment.....who would be the worse off for it if he declines? the jlp or jamaica?
                Unuh a waste time follow this up. People complain that they want the brightest people making policy decisions yet there is always mention of the salary gap between the private and public sector. Now the new administration has found a way to cross the bridge, everybody upset.

Is there the possibility of a conflict? Yes! All the better reason to keep a close eye on them. Then again, its the JLP, unuh already have all eyez on dem.

Me gave a good solution, fine ... I can agree with that.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                  regardless of whether he is a man of integrity or not, such a conflict should not exist. He should cease all connections to Grace. If they want Grace to pay him still simply give him an exit cash bonus or stock bonus. That way he will still get the compensation he would have received from Grace under the current arrangement.
                  Agreed, except for the Stock bonus. That would not remove the connection and hence the conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    I would not welcome him, but I wouldn't run him either.
                    The lawyer asked you to answer the question "yes" or "no". In odda words, h e needed ONE word from yuh, not a sentence
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

At this point, it seems like he has resigned but will still get his salary from GK. That might be the problem.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

him outta luck! sue me!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is this the financial wizard we've been waiting for? What guarantee is there that he will take us to the promised land?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Cult!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i got an answer mdme x...not to worry...a lot of people think that the object of cross examination is necessarily to force the witness into a position where they have to agree with you.

not always the case.....furman never admitted to being a racist..in fact he denied it right through, but his answers were important nonetheless. he was big reason why oj "got off".

sometime it is enough to note that they won't answer the question and sometimes that is all you need.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem if he resigns and gets a special salary from the govt. Maybe not as much as what GK would pay him, but pump it up to some decenter amount. I know some might have a problem with this.

Yes, it sets a bad precedent and might open up a big old can of worms.

Don't mind me, just thinking out loud.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X