It appears Portia isn't too bright.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears Portia isn't too bright.

And mi back broad ... suh nuh bother. The woman claim she not naming no 18 member shadow cabinet, because she don't agree with such a large cabinet.

Is she aware how many ministries exist? IS she that DAFF? It shall be an interesting 5 years. I fully agree that the gov't should be kept in check, but if she is going about it in a comical manner ..... oh well.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    And mi back broad ... suh nuh bother. The woman claim she not naming no 18 member shadow cabinet, because she don't agree with such a large cabinet.

Is she aware how many ministries exist? IS she that DAFF? It shall be an interesting 5 years. I fully agree that the gov't should be kept in check, but if she is going about it in a comical manner ..... oh well.
    Shadow cabinet to be announced shortly!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I get that impression too Lazie.

(on a personal note... t'wood be nice is she shows some versatility in her 'airdooo).

You don't do the same thing over and over and over....xpecting different results.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Shadow cabinet to be announced shortly!
        I hope you heard the clip with her. Yuh need fi talk tuh yuh comrade leadah! Why she think she need 3 shadow ministers fi each minister without portfolio? Or being the good comrade you are yuh automatically agreeing with her?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a shadow cabinet?

Is there another term for shadow cabinet?

Thanks in advance.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            Pardon my ignorance, but what is a shadow cabinet?

Is there another term for shadow cabinet?

Thanks in advance.
            The Shadow Cabinet would be the Opposition MPs that are spokesperson for each Ministry.

Comment

Sexist remark, HL. Why are we concerned about her hairdo?

Actually, now that you raised it, Bruce may have had more hairdos than Portia! He had that little afro thing going on some years ago.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks.

HL

Comment

I am just 'letting my hair down'... being my usual sexist self.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

(on a personal note... t'wood be nice is she shows some versatility in her 'airdooo).
                    Heh, heh,heh. A lady friend of mine said her 'airdooo is stuck in the 80s.
                    Iz a spinoff from the Solid Gold era. Unuh memba dah show deh?
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

well it would be the best interest for JLP if she stay on,On di same ticket jamaica loose if she does not step down.damn portia yu is crosses now.

Comment

yuh mean the "farin version" of "where it's at"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

HL no that sexists Mosiah as he could have been like Shatta and said that its not just Portia alone but a lot of our women take their hair seriously and when you are in the spotlight people don't really like change.

It might sound funny but to a lot of black women their hair is their beauty and beauty is straight, long or at the very least curly.
                          Nappy is out of the question and on a personal note I see how women coo over my little girl as dem remark how she born with a head full of hair(sorry couldn't miss that opportunity to plug the Princess. a wah dem hear bout?)

So Miss Simpson hairstyle is a reflection of our society and while pointing the finger on her we have 3 more pointing back at us.

Ask Tilla how we act when he tries to change anything on this site. Most of us had to be dragged kicking and screaming to this new forum(myself included) even if I could sit and figure it out I just didn't feel like putting in the added effort.

The problem is that most of us think its others who stay a certain way as we can see their faults clearly because we are looking outwards and not inwards but if we stop and look inwards we will see that us too are stuck in the 80's.

We mostly talk, hope for the best and wait for a knight in shining armor to save us(Boxhill,Burrell and Golding) and what dem do as soon as dem get power? Same ol, same ol.

I will say I learnt my lesson from the Boxhill and Burrell era as I was so happy to see Burrell out I didn't care who was coming in.
                          I was warned that I was swapping "black dawg fi monkey" but I didn't care.
                          Anything would be better than Burrell was my mantra
                          I WAS WRONG!

I honestly didn't think Boxhill could do worse but he exceeded all expectations so now having wiped the egg off my face and picked myself up and dusted off my clothing. I sat back and held a strong medi on how to not make that mistake again.

I have since found out that I CHAT too much and that in order for change to take place you have to MAKE change take place. Jamaica politics and football won't get better until we get INVOLVED!

We are too far from the action and our suggestions aren't being deliverd to the people who need to get it.

I read the paper and I see where Boysie wants more games for the U-23 and I want to help but I don't have an EASY way of contacting our U-23 coach.

in this day and age shouldn't we be able to look on a website and pull up the email address of our coach and players? Is there a gap there that can be filled by us the reggaeboyz supporters club?

Instead of telling them to get one why not extend a hand and ASSIGN them one of ours so that we can correspond with them directly?

We see banks of videos on youtube so where is the vidoes and interviews with our youths marketing and promoting them? How do you get games if you are out of sight and out of mind?

These are things that can be done in one day with no capital outlay so what is the problem then? ITs our minds, we don't know ourselves and we are stuck in the same way of thinking.

As a man thinketh so is he and until we know ourselves as the Egyptians told us(how else dem woulda figure out how fi build buildings that last this long and to preserve bodies this long?) and go do it as we aren't worthy of even questioning the collective knowledge of a civilization that continued uninterrupted for thousands of years.

Can you even think of the level of knowledge that they must have accumulated. No wonder the British and all dem "anthropologists" and "archeologists" aka knowledge rapers no stop dig up we legacy and hide it from us.

So when you see Portia and her 80's do just remember she is a mirror image of us and just in case we don't think we have a problem go and ask 30 black kids if dem want the black or the white dolls and come back come tell me what dem say?

Mi see Bruce and other black people a focus pon loans from USA, China and Europe and mi tek a look pon mi map and mi see South America, mi see a large market emerging market in South Africa where our name stand tall due to our music and culture and our fight fi Mandela.

Mi see Angola a rise with Natural Gas and Oil but we still stuck pon the "slave trade triangle" and so I have come to the conclusion that we are still slaves. Mental slaves that is.

Only the truth can set us free.(just in case a one want to carry belly fi mi or if unnu no hear that warning be prepared fi mi tek it back wicked to unnu like how Christ did in the church when him tun over the man dem ludi board and crown and anchor tables)

What would Jesus do?(thats a whole post in itself)

Comment

Originally posted by Shatta View Post
                            HL no that sexists Mosiah as he could have been like Shatta and said that its not just Portia alone but a lot of our women take their hair seriously and when you are in the spotlight people don't really like change.

It might sound funny but to a lot of black women their hair is their beauty and beauty is straight, long or at the very least curly.
                            Nappy is out of the question
                            Hey, me have my nappy hair & I take it seriously and LUV it!
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

RESPECT!!!! mi LUV fi si my nubian princesses wid dem natural hair...there is something empowering about it i think. it shows great strength of character not be influenced by all the weave and extensions magazine stuff!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X