The lies about the ICHP continue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lies about the ICHP continue

Ignorant cartoonist! The ICHP is/was never about handouts to anyone. It's one of the best projects by the PNP administration and I am proud to have played my part. Even the JLP govt has no choice but to continue it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Is this a garrison?
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Some ICHP houses were built in what can be considered garrisons. For some who don't know better, the inner-city is a garrison. But garrison or not, these units were not handouts.

And the stereotype of some ghetto-fabulous woman accepting her keys is only promoting prejudiced and classist behaviour from uptown.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

While I understand your plight, how else have they pictured these money in these cartoons?

Not to say it is right but when last they picture a ghetto girl a wear a suit?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Some ICHP houses were built in what can be considered garrisons. For some who don't know better, the inner-city is a garrison. But garrison or not, these units were not handouts.

And the stereotype of some ghetto-fabulous woman accepting her keys is only promoting prejudiced and classist behaviour from uptown.
          Yuh already defended this project against me already, HOWEVER, you are yet to explain why a big boss from the NHT (I think it was), had to admit that majority of these owners are not paying up. Irrespective of what the original purpose is and irrespective of how you sugarcoat it, people are getting these units and are not paying up ... and I haven't heard where the units were seized, suh how it turns out then?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The majority!?! Yikes!

Just not true.

It is true that there are some mortgagers (30% comes to mind) that have fallen behind in their payments. This is higher than the national average, but not unique to inner-city residents. Indeed, it is said that many wealthy home owners fare much worse than these ICHP unit owners who make mere fractions of the uptown slackers.

The NHT works with these owners who are having trouble in making their payments. There are all sorts of systems in place if it becomes clear that they will not be able to resume payments. And yes, the NHT makes no apologies to anyone - seizure of the properties is an absolute last resort!

But a handout it isn't!!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              The majority!?! Yikes!

Just not true.

It is true that there are some mortgagers (30% comes to mind) that have fallen behind in their payments. This is higher than the national average, but not unique to inner-city residents. Indeed, it is said that many wealthy home owners fare much worse than these ICHP unit owners who make mere fractions of the uptown slackers.

The NHT works with these owners who are having trouble in making their payments. There are all sorts of systems in place if it becomes clear that they will not be able to resume payments. And yes, the NHT makes no apologies to anyone - seizure of the properties is an absolute last resort!

But a handout it isn't!!!!

My source is Real Business. This was long before election was called, I think PJ may have still been PM, but there were some concerns.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Of course there were concerns, and the NHT always knew there would be concerns. But the PM and the NHT (and I) see this a a necessary project, no matter the difficulties involved.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X