Holness moves to sue PNP members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holness moves to sue PNP members

Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) leader Andrew Holness has instructed his attorneys to initiate legal action against senior members of the People’s National Party (PNP) who, according to the JLP, at a press conference on Thursday “made several false and defamatory statements” about when he became aware of an Integrity Commission probe concerning illicit enrichment.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/2024...ry-statements/

The death roll, this will blow up in his and the JLP face again, like everyhthing else .
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Nonsense, X. First, leaks come out for years and the opposition carries on for years about the PM's guilt. Then, finally, the tabled report comes out and shows that that international forensic audit finds nothing untoward and the IC investigator finds accounts in parents and manager's names, with Andrew as an emergency account holder, totalling less than US$3,000. It then appears that IC, saving face and trying to keep the controversy going, refers the matter to FID and TAJ. And now the PNP appears to pivot and say the PM should resign because he publicly denied being under investigation for illicit enrichment. But the PM's denial was before he knew he was under such investigation.

The appearance continues to be of possible collusion between the PNP and the IC, especially when PNP members make pronouncements before the IC releases information publicly or to the parliament.

Bottomline is the PNP cant counter the jlp's governance that is superior to the pnp's so they appear to do all that is foul and fair to damage the Holness brand.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

''PNP cant counter the jlp's governance that is superior to the pnps''. The JLP did nothing but complete the infrastructure projects the pnp had outlayed, it jumped on a real estate boom that was spurned on by the mad airbnb rush, while shrinking the middle class with its taxes and social service cuts. All those terms in government proved , is construction /real estate is just another tool thats needed to keep the economy growing and it needs to be checked and balanced. This speculative ponzi scheme building is bust ! , the surplus of real estate on the market will not be off loaded to the middle class for another 2-3 years, they cant afford it and 2nd its too small to gobble up that surplus. The diaspora is also not willing to bite for that price , so a correction is due . I am waiting to see which bank, credit bureau or private investor buckles, folds or screams next year .

Kudos for paying down the debt and staying the course with the infrastructure projects , but what a price to pay. I didnt mention the poor because yuh dun know, dem nuh know wha yuh a chat bout " superior " when dem naah rob and share .
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Westman, If you remember they tried to get him before? and Greg Christie tried to tarnish Andrew without an apology? They got a second bite and was sure they were going to get him this time. They didn't find anything so they are trying to refer him to FID which they could have done throughout the 3 years of investigation. They had all authority to get what they wanted from FID. This is nasty and dirty and over reach.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X