X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golding in high level corruption talks today

ALICIA DUNKLEY, Observer staff reporter dunkleya@jamaicaobserver.com
    Monday, September 17, 2007

PRIME Minister Bruce Golding is expected to today hold discussions with a high level team regarding the appointment of a special prosecutor to investigate corruption.
    The group will "examine, prepare and give the appropriate instructions for the legislative programme" to be taken to Parliament, Golding said.

Speaking at the Chinese Benevolent Society on Old Hope Road in Kingston at the first area council meeting under a Jamaica Labour Party-led government in 18years, Golding outlined his intentions to party supporters.

"I hope there is nobody who calls me leader who believes that because we are in power now then they are going to be able to let loose on the kind of plundering that went on the past. It is not going to happen," he said to loud cheers.
    The prime minister said there would be no discrimination as to who would be caught within that net.

"When that special prosecutor turns up at anybody's door with a pair of handcuffs because they have evidence that you are involved in corruption, don't take out no green shirt and show him and tell him yuh a labourite, don't call me to help you out," Golding said.

"Either we are going to have a clean country, either we are going to build a country of honesty and integrity or let me know from now so that I resign the work tomorrow. I can't lead in any other way, shape or form," he said.

Golding told the Observer that he had been in discussion with newly appointed Attorney General Senator Dorothy Lightbourne as to how the office would be set up.

"He will have to operate under the direction of the DPP, the configuration is something I am already discussing with the new Attorney General Dorothy Lightbourne and we are going to be having discussions with the Solicitor General to see how it will be engrafted," Golding said.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I like this... good talk Mr. Golding!!

As a young whipper-snapper growing up in Jamaica--my Boys School motto was: Facta non Verba.

Care to translate Lazie?
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The forum as usual a talk bout the wrong things.

Let us see how true he holds to this.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        I like this... good talk Mr. Golding!!

As a young whipper-snapper growing up in Jamaica--my Boys School motto was: Facta non Verba.

Care to translate Lazie?
        Somthing like Deeds ... not words. Time will tell.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

[QUOTE=Assasin;47461]The forum as usual a talk bout the wrong things.

QUOTE]

Leapoards cannot change dem spots bredren. Unthinking people are always taken up with trivial things. Why yuh think mi call dem the Poppy Show Brigade?

Comment

Egg-xactly Lazie!!

You are right. Time will tell; since levels of corruption, ecomomic shift, crime...etc...etc are all measurable.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Bruce can say anything that him want. He is not powerfull enough to send any politician to prison without a bi-partisian agreement to do so.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X