Audley Shaw says Don Webhy will assist him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audley Shaw says Don Webhy will assist him

...I did not hear the rest I was laughing so hard it drowned out the TV sound.

I guess Audley really believes he will be the one making the decisions, when all he really will be doing is making announcements when the decisions are taken.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    ...I did not hear the rest I was laughing so hard it drowned out the TV sound.

I guess Audley really believes he will be the one making the decisions, when all he really will be doing is making announcements when the decisions are taken.
    Please do not take what am about to say the wrong way,but you have lost alot and have all right to be angry.

Comment

What have I lost? and why would I be angry you idiot.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

What have I lost? and why would I be angry you idiot.
        wow!! something is ****************ing you off,what is it siccko!?.

Comment

Continue laughing, is one of the best moves to have three people dealing with that ministry. That is a better move than having Froggy Mullings and PJ Patterson as fiance minister as I think the PNP did.

The right message was sent to the business sector and both of them can go about negociating and doing Jamaica's business in different places while the union man try keep down the wages.

Positive reactions to finance team
          published: Friday | September 14, 2007

Sabrina N. Gordon, Business Reporter

Don Wehby seen as acknowledgement of private-sector importance. - File
          Bruce Golding's unusual move of placing three Cabinet ministers within the [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]Finance[/COLOR][/COLOR] Ministry, two without portfolio, has got positive reactions from business interests and analysts, largely because of the Wehby factor.
          Don Wehby, second in charge of one of Jamaica's most powerful companies, has been named Minister Without Portfolio, to work alongside new Finance Minister, Audley Shaw.
          Dwight Nelson, who was chief spokesman for the JLP in opposition, will also join Shaw at National Heroes Circle as Minister Without Portfolio.
          The Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica said it was pleased overall with the selections.
          "The cabinet appointment is consistent with the views expressed in the Prime Minister's speech and his manifesto of wanting to move governance in a different direction," said PSOJ vice president Richard Chen.
          "I think the appointment of Wehby is key to this direction."
          Financial Analyst John Jackson meantime believes Golding has come up with the right blend.
          "The team represents a mixture of youth and experience, and based on the available talent I think it is a credible team," said Jackson.
          Economist Errol Gregory says he, too, was impressed.
          "I am impressed with the appointments given the situation of the economy and the need to address issues of fiscal deficit and attained targets within the economy, the focus should now be on performance."
          Meantime, Anya Schnoor, said it was time for the new government to get down to business.
          Time for action
          "Appointments have been made, now it's time for action and what they need to do is to ensure that they come up to speed with their portfolio," said Schnoor, speaking as president of the Jamaica [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]Securities[/COLOR][/COLOR] Dealers' Association.
          She believes that Don Wehby will be good for finance, "He has a lot of experience in the field and will provide a good support for the Finance Minister," she said.
          Chen said Wehby's inclusion in the Finance Ministry team would build market confidence.
          "His appointment will give the [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]financial [COLOR=black! important]services[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] sector further confidence that the government is in a capable and safe hand," said Chen, who heads operations at the family-owned Super Plus chain.
          The island's bankers also endorsed Wehby's selection.
          "The appointment signals a step in the right direction of inclusiveness and a teamwork approach and a [COLOR=black! important][COLOR=black! important]focus[/COLOR][/COLOR] on management", said Wayne Wray, vice-president of the Jamaica Bankers' Association.
          Wray as president of First Global Bank, has worked closely with Wehby who has oversight of the First Global Group, as deputy chief executive officer of GraceKennedy and as CEO of GK Investments.
          The inclusion of a top private sector player "shows that thought was put into constructing the cabinet," said Wray. sabrina.gordon@gleanerjm.com
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh a waste time Sass. There comes a time when yuh must understand that you cannot convince an ignorant man, just simply laugh at them.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

As a journalist I am sure I could find five people of so called influence to agree with anything I ask them.

It works thew same way as polls when you direct your questions a certain way or ask certain people.

But you dont want to know that or will even think about it as it does not jibe with what you want.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

As a journalist I am sure I could find five people of so called influence to agree with anything I ask them.

It works thew same way as polls when you direct your questions a certain way or ask certain people.

But you dont want to know that or will even think about it as it does not jibe with what you want.
                Like how Ralston Hyman had Zacca and Azan on Real Business to do the same?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Are those considered any five people off the streets?
                  Do better than that.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    Like how Ralston Hyman had Zacca and Azan on Real Business to do the same?

After working in the field for some time some journalists tend to pick-up what I call a "god tendency". They think after a while that they are always in command and just about can do anything.

Ms. Betty Ann-Blaine of NNN network seems to have plunged into such a state extremely quickly on her radio talkshow program. Before the elections she was commanding the government on what it MUST do and its Ministers on exactly what they MUST do. She has not changed one bit - She smacked down Dwight Nelson on her program and currently she has sent out the command to Bruce to give (can't quite remember the exact number of times she said it - I was too busy laughing) - I think it was "weekly talks to the nation" - "Bruce MUST..." has been her repeated commands.

I hope Bruce ignores her. She is a classic example of journalist with that "god complex". She needs someone inside NNN and or friends to tell her it is unseemly and just not good trait. Tell her to tone it down. Besides Bruce is in command he is the one that does the directing. Others can only give advise.

Lazie: You are right as far as shocks to journalists is concern when the, they thought 'supporting chior' does not follow thier script and shows mind of its own.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I keep asking, no begging you to keep out of these conversations as it is painfully obvious you have nothing positive to contribute but you keep confirming how totally stupid you are.

Do you have any clue what off the street means? Do you think it menas you just walk out to half Way Tree and talk to the first five people that walks by?
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

hehehe...vintage sickko...how yo just a knock out man&man yeye so?...LOL..me likeylikey
                        Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                        Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Again do you term the the presidents of these organizations "man off the street"?

You sees to do anything to make your argument to remain bias. I know of no other Journalists who would term people with experience and heading major financial organizations with Fianancial and business entrepreneurs to be considered "man of the streets" in financial matters instead they would be called "experts".

Comment

Working...
                          X