• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't know yet, I have to see what's there,"

New health minister promises to work with key sector players
    Taneisha Lewis
    Friday, September 14, 2007

SPENCER. wants health sector to be more vibrant

RUDYARD Spencer, the incoming minister of health and environment, says he will be working with the key players in the health and environment sector to ensure that the ministry continues to thrive.

"I expect to work with the main players to ensure that the sector becomes more vibrant and what all the players would want it to be, operating at the same time in the best interest of the country," Spencer told the Observer yesterday.

However, Spencer, who had served as the opposition spokesman on labour, said he would have to thoroughly acquaint himself with matters affecting both sectors in order to chart a plan of action. He is expected to take up office today after he is sworn in with the rest of his Cabinet colleagues at King's House.

"I don't know yet, I have to see what's there," Spencer said, when asked if he had identified areas where specific focus would be placed.

Originally posted by Exile View Post
    RUDYARD Spencer, the incoming minister of health and environment, says he will be working with the key players in the health and environment sector to ensure that the ministry continues to thrive.
    Continues to thrive? So he is going to make sure that him nuh change nuh course, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Continues to thrive? So he is going to make sure that him nuh change nuh course, right?
      Was that a direct quote ?

Comment

Was it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Was it?
          Did not see quotation marks around such a statement... careful, dem seh PJ cannot live in Jamaica under a JLP Govt...

Comment

Yeah, he does not strike me as impressive.

He may not last long though...

Comment

Needs to be more assertive...certainly he could have name 1 or 2 areas of importance...anyhow, give him sm time...guess he didn't want to commit to anything yet.

Comment

Working...
              X