Mi nuh understand dem people yah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi nuh understand dem people yah!

Golding named 14 ministries with an 18 member cabinet. Yet, one PNP councillor a complain that there should be a Local Gov't Ministry, Peter Espuet is upset that Environment is twined with Health .. he was expecting a Ministry for Environment, on NNN yesterday, Garnett Roper wanted a Ministry of Gender Issues, Henley Morgan wanted a Ministry of Growth and Productivity.

Yet, Espuet, Roper and Morgan have stated that the cabinet is too large. Comical is not the word to describe these people.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Just telling you that among other things: i) You can't please all the people all the time; ii) People will always find something to complain about...even if in their own minds they are not exactly sure what it is they want.

Hey the PNP was reminded of that on Election Day...there are other Election Days down the road!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      Golding named 14 ministries with an 18 member cabinet. Yet, one PNP councillor a complain that there should be a Local Gov't Ministry, Peter Espuet is upset that Environment is twined with Health .. he was expecting a Ministry for Environment, on NNN yesterday, Garnett Roper wanted a Ministry of Gender Issues, Henley Morgan wanted a Ministry of Growth and Productivity.

Yet, Espuet, Roper and Morgan have stated that the cabinet is too large. Comical is not the word to describe these people.
      A ministry of Gender Issues - to do what, manage the nouns, adjectives, verbs etc.
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

you manage to defend both sides while disagreeing at the sametime..

Gamma 3:16

you, Jawge, and Moe form the core of the legion of doom....a si sickko trying to join the fold to
        Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
        Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Just telling you that among other things: i) You can't please all the people all the time; ii) People will always find something to complain about...even if in their own minds they are not exactly sure what it is they want.

Hey the PNP was reminded of that on Election Day...there are other Election Days down the road!
          The PNP did not make it exactly HARD for people 'looking' for something to complain about.

The PNP have got to be the biggest wasters of political mileage in the history of the Region..

18 years... ? Admins DREAM of this opportunity and dem WASTE IT..

Comment

It's postering aand lobbying. If I have a certain interest, yes,I would like to see it get a full ministry...nothing wrong with that. It's all about what is seen as important and how its addressed for management. Having the name may not translate into anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
              It's postering aand lobbying. If I have a certain interest, yes,I would like to see it get a full ministry...nothing wrong with that. It's all about what is seen as important and how its addressed for management. Having the name may not translate into anything.
              Yesterday you made a post about it, but your post wasn't controversial as you didn't claim the cabinet is too big. Peter Espuet did. If its too large plus him wanted a MoE, which ministry should be cut then? If any of them had indicated which ministry should be cut then I could take them seriously.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie, Espuet has been on the forefront on Environmental issues along with Maxwell and McCauley seving their special interests..I expect Espuet to want a Environment Ministry...Personally, I don't think you need the name to do the work but it does help. If you had say a Ministry of Envirornment and Bauxite Mining...then you's have to start to question the conflicts..
                Finally, so because I didn't dare say the cabinet was too big my post wasn't controversial...boy yu funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  Lazie, Espuet has been on the forefront on Environmental issues along with Maxwell and McCauley seving their special interests..I expect Espuet to want a Environment Ministry...Personally, I don't think you need the name to do the work but it does help. If you had say a Ministry of Envirornment and Bauxite Mining...then you's have to start to question the conflicts..
                  Finally, so because I didn't dare say the cabinet was too big my post wasn't controversial...boy yu funny...
                  I'm not questioning Espuet's position regarding the environment. I'm fully aware of that. The reality is yesterday on a national radio program he stated that the cabinet was too large then indicated he would have wanted to see another Ministry.

Personally, I would have wanted to see a Ministry of Local Gov't, but based on the set up of the cabinet, I willing to wait and see how it is going to be addressed. There is a Ministry of Health & the Environment, I see no reason to complain. Lets see how it works. What suh hard inna dat?

Comment

Where is the problem? Why can't he want a ministry that deals with his field of interest while saying the cabinet is too big? And if he doesn't suggest which one should be taken out, then his opinion is no longer valid?!

What are your opinions, Lazie? Is the cabinet too big? Which ministry don't have to be there and which one did Bruce leave out?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What Espuet need to do along with the other NGO's is to work with the Min of H&E and get some of the things they want to see in place. Get some policy issues resolved early before it becomes a free for all....deal with the bauxite land repairs, cockpit country, fallout in tourism development and socio-environmental issues (squatting, resource competition, sewage disposal, reef/fish mgt etc.)...increase of the NEPA staff and more legislative impacts for violators...

Comment

well....there is an old adage that if you are not a part of the solution our are a part of the problem...mout' mek fi chat but in order to be taken seriously he should put forward serious solutions. otherwise it's a copout!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Disagree.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

disagree

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Where is the problem? Why can't he want a ministry that deals with his field of interest while saying the cabinet is too big? And if he doesn't suggest which one should be taken out, then his opinion is no longer valid?!

What are your opinions, Lazie? Is the cabinet too big? Which ministry don't have to be there and which one did Bruce leave out?
                              Him just coming across as a cry baby because anything that was done he would cry. As Geof Brown called it in his article this morning, "Double Jeapordy!"

I have no problem with the cabinet. Personally I was looking for a smaller cabinet, but then there is no Local Gov't Ministry, The Minstry of Finance now has Public Service which is an indication of how this gov't intend to serve. The reality is there is alot of work to do so I'm watching to see how it is going to go before knocking them.

Comment

Working...
                              X