Solicitor General has ruled that the 2 extra boxes are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor General has ruled that the 2 extra boxes are

to be counted in the Peralto/Douglas seat.

... but they should be counted. How I see it, anybody lose is gonna cry foul. Unless as you and Time speculated, that there are not enough votes to change the outcome.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Tell me which district the boxes came from and mi tell you the winner
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Tell me which district the boxes came from and mi tell you the winner
        Election workers and security forces from the constituency.

Comment

hhhhhhhmmmmm. That might be tight as man of the police were PNP but the condition of the Annotto Bay police station might force many to vote JLP. Election workers might be evenly split.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I did not know about the security forces ballots that are in the box. I only learnt about them last night. I thought that election day workers meant polling stations workers. The police force is generally pro PNP and the army was a buzz with rumors that the JLP would scrap it. This fourth variable changes my tune slightly.

I heard that Peralto took the issue to court to prevent the ballots from being counted. I asuume that Peralto should know how many ballots are supposed to be in the box and for him to rush to court then he must be sure that there is more than 37 votes in the box.

Peralto has now has a 37 vote lead not 34.

Let

J = JLP Workers
            P = PNP Workers
            S = Security Workers
            O = Other Workers

For Peralto to be predicted as safe Danny boy must know that P+S+O < 37 and even better if P+S+O << 37

The other factor is J, If is J too big then there is a risk that a greater number of JLP could be traitors. Even if JLP workers are 99% likely to vote JLP (My arbitrary estimation ) then we are dealing with a one vote swing to the PNP for every 10 JLP election workers.

I am still going to give Danny boy the credit. He could not be so stupid to open his mouth unless he is sure that P+S+O << 37
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X