Broken Promise No. 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fooled? karl gimme a break!!!

there is no having a meaningful discussion with you on these issues...you are FAR from being objective.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      fooled? karl gimme a break!!!

there is no having a meaningful discussion with you on these issues...you are FAR from being objective.
      Well then at the very least you MUST say I have been consistent on "there is CURRENTLY no other way to go"!

Show me what will generate funds that in the short term will improve lives?!

It has been a long time past when I first suggested on this site - improved pumping of funds into delivery of services and improving infastructure -roads & bridges, water & sewage treatment, re-configuring towns and villages from the hodge-podge unregulated 'lick-dun' buildings anywhichway and anywhere we want, improved civil services - fire, police, quasi-government services, etc.

...the talk of making the insitutions that deliver these services leaner as was done in the 80s (getting rid of workers) is 'nonsense'...unless the aim is to keep the people in their places with force!
      Last edited by Karl; September 14, 2007, 07:22 AM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Pearnel?
        What are you saying - Yuh kno Bruce is married to Pearnel's sister? ...I seem to remember Maudib, Lazie and others taking about genetically connected?

...btw - I never had a problem with 'genetically connected' as my mantra is in Jamaica it is 'one degree of separation'...i.e. it cannot be otherwise than there being 'genetically connected'. The foregoing I said - repeatedly to Maudib's and Lazie's nonsense comments on that!

My reason for revisiting the matter is - Let us see if these JLP men will be consistent on the matter?
        You simply cannot be this simple-minded.. it must be a strategy.. is this really your interpretation of the 'Genetically Connected' talk during the PNP rule ?

Comment

THANK YOU karl....absolutely brilliant... "Show me what will generate funds that in the short term will improve lives?!" under the pnp who you wanted back in after 18 years of mismanagement as opposed to giving someone else a try.

i don't know the answer to the question you asked but i see that don wehby is going to be involved and he has a good track record of fiscal responsibilty....

enough though....everytime you talk politics a lose a little respect for you...party first everything else a distant second...that party first approach mek yuh chat some crap sometimes it's unbelieveable...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well then at the very least you MUST say I have been consistent on "there is CURRENTLY no other way to go"!

Show me what will generate funds that in the short term will improve lives?!

It has been a long time past when I first suggested on this site - improved pumping of funds into delivery of services and improving infastructure -roads & bridges, water & sewage treatment, re-configuring towns and villages from the hodge-podge unregulated 'lick-dun' buidings anywhichway and anywhere we want, improved civil services - fire, police, quasi-government services, etc.

...the talk of making the insitutions that deliver these services leaner as was done in the 80s (getting rid of workers) is 'nonsense'...unless the aim is to keep the people in their places with force!
            Are you familiar with the terms.. "Welfare System' ?

Do you understand the difference between a 'Productive Job' and a 'Non-Productive Job' ?

Do you realize what the effects on the economy were by the debacle in the 70's ? What exactly did you expect to happen in the 80's after such a crippling experience ? if the PNP had won the 1980 election what do you think would have happened differently regarding work-force.. more hiring in the Public Sector ? Paid how ?

As Gamma seh.. there is no arguing with you on certain matters... some degree of objectivity is required..

Comment

THANK YOU karl....absolutely brilliant... "Show me what will generate funds that in the short term will improve lives?!" under the pnp who you wanted back in after 18 years of mismanagement as opposed to giving someone else a try.

i don't know the answer to the question you asked but i see that don wehby is going to be involved and he has a good track record of fiscal responsibilty....

enough though....everytime you talk politics a lose a little respect for you...party first everything else a distant second...that party first approach mek yuh chat some crap sometimes it's unbelieveable...
              One of the reasons you arrive at your positions on what I am now repeating is you either have forgotten that I commented on these matters before any elections were held...and, said, the PNP did not have anywhere else to go.

For some reason on my repeating the exact same thing I had said earlier while the PNP were in power you suddenly find it a new position! ...and, one now taken because the PNP has lost the elections.

I have not changed any position because there is a change of government. Figment of your imagination.

If I am losing credibility in your eyes because of repeating myself - then I should not be losing credibility in your eyes now.
              I must have lost it years ago as I am consistent on the topic. You just now feel the need to speak.

Nutten wrang wid dat! ...but, to claim that now that I have repeated myself you have suddenly been having these thoughts on my losing credibility is a 'nonsense position'. Makes no damn sense!

*As to PNP mismanagement - I have always taken a position that much has been done under the PNP. I have at the same time admitted that there are areas where the PNP could have done better. But, your general - one brush covers all - claim and or inference that I am supporting any general position that the PNP mismanaged the affairs of the country is another false claim.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

true karl...you are consistent...no doubt about that! losing credibility with ME....(not the poster) i cannot and will not speak for anyone else.

your are a cultist karl.....pure and simple.

i would like to respond to this your general - one brush covers all - claim and or inference that I am supporting any general position that the PNP mismanaged the affairs of the country is another false claim., but i don't know what you are saying here.

Comment

true karl...you are consistent...no doubt about that! losing credibility with ME....(not the poster) i cannot and will not speak for anyone else.

your are a cultist karl.....pure and simple.

i would like to respond to this your general - one brush covers all - claim and or inference that I am supporting any general position that the PNP mismanaged the affairs of the country is another false claim., but i don't know what you are saying here.

Simple - I have never said and or claimed the PNP mismanaged the country! I do not think they did!

Some persons make that claim and "many just jump over the cliff" without even thinking on it! The claim of the country being mismanaged is, in my mind, nonsense!
                  Last edited by Karl; September 14, 2007, 07:24 AM.

Comment

and the depleted coffers? NOT mismanagement? the fact that the underground economy and remittances have propped up the economy otherwise it would be worse?

in 1989 the $J was 6-1 as per the US$ and today ...70+ to one...and you call that good management?

Comment

Simple - I have never said and or claimed the PNP mismanaged the country! I do not think they did!

Some persons make that claim and "many just jump over the cliff" without even thinking on it! They claim of the country being mismanaged is, in my mind, nonsense!
                      I would not like to see what you call mismanaging.. what yuh tink bout the 70's ? Was the economy mismanaged then or is that more people 'not thinking' ?

What do you think the critics in ANY serious country in the region would say about the 18 year performance of the PNP ?

I thought you gave the PNP Govt a failing grade ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                        You simply cannot be this simple-minded.. it must be a strategy.. is this really your interpretation of the 'Genetically Connected' talk during the PNP rule ?
                        5 years! ...and, then you may see what I am talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                          Minister of Health & Environment - Rudyard Spencer. Somehow, as usual, Environment is coupled with another Ministry that is huge. Will not make any impact and goes to show that Caribbean govs are not serious about these issues. Jamaica is the same....only by name...there are just too many conflicts of interests - let's hope Spencer will get a Junior Minister to assist in this area. What is his track record or background?

I'll say this about the Rudy spenser I knew form he was a schoolboy at Rusea's...he has come a long way!

Proud a im!
                          Clap im!

...and, yes he advanced when he started out because he was genetically connected. nutten wrang wid dat!

Aside: Some pastors may not have christened im pickney fus...but, dat ongle appen becassen fi im picken neva baarn fus!

Comment

I'll say this about the Rudy spenser I knew form he was a schoolboy at Rusea's...he has come a long way!

Proud a im!
                            Clap im!

...and, yes he advanced when he started out because he was genetically connected. nutten wrang wid dat!

Aside: Some pastors may not have christened im pickney fus...but, dat ongle appen becassen fi im picken neva baarn fus!
                            Genetics and Transparancy in awarding of Govt contracts lead to inefficiency, corruption and waste.. ask the Contractor General and the Auditor General.

Wi not talking about excersising one's 'power of discretion' to 'help cousin andy'..

Stop forming the fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                              Minister of Health & Environment - Rudyard Spencer. Somehow, as usual, Environment is coupled with another Ministry that is huge. Will not make any impact and goes to show that Caribbean govs are not serious about these issues. Jamaica is the same....only by name...there are just too many conflicts of interests - let's hope Spencer will get a Junior Minister to assist in this area. What is his track record or background?
                              He is Hugh Shearer's son.

Comment

Den how him name Spencer?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X