Broken Promise No. 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Oh, okay. I take it back. I still expect a smaller govt. overall. Yeah right!

Yuh know what a larger cabinet means, Sass? It means more farin health insurance that JLIJ pay for, more printer ink to type out the word "honourable", more Prados and 90 gas fi run dem back and forth throughout Kingston to pick up children and a Cashpot ticket, more perks that you will never hear about but we JLIJ pay for, more permanent secretaries and all the baggage that go along with that, more rent for these ministers and dem peoples.

Stay deh tink say di govt. a go smaller.
    At the rate you are going you might want to save your first 2 sentences for cut and paste.

I predict Bruce is going to have you eating crow for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Comment

Are you the kind of person who used to name your favourite cup? Or do you still name your favourite cup?

Yuh come up with these silly names from time to time hoping that it will catch on and stick but they only serve to make you appear peurile and silly.

Stop it! Now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

because politics is not my concern i want to see jamaica improve and i am in favour of accountability. what i see on here is people overlooking the myriad of major failures over the past 18 years for no other reason that because it was their party.

how can we go forward as a nation because of this mentality? well thinking jamaicans and the jamaican electorate should be prepared to reward successful governance and punish failed ones...but is not so.

i suspected this was the case but kept my counsel and NOW i have proof positive! i feel that even if golding has the most successful 5 years of any orime minister EVER the tribalist would say vote him out because he is not our party....

mi tiyad tiyad tiyad a it because a fi mi country a suffer!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          You can keep yuh under handed compliment. There is alot of work to do and Bruce has chosen the people he thinks can help to turn it around. Find a legit reason fi complain nuh? You people on the PoppyShow Brigade getting more ridiculous now. Have you any idea how much yuh sounding like Garnett Roper?
          Yuh nevah see how him big up Garnett for his embarassing performance on All Angles ?

Mi did expec dis from Karl and Jawge.. maybe something happen.. mi nuh hear bout nuh contract cancellations... but yuh nevah know..

Comment

Mo that is true but the consulants them get bigger pay plus them a double up using their own companies. That is part of the biggest corruption fraud that is currently killing Ja. Look at the names that were all contractors under the PNP, they all double up as consultants and head of boards. I sincerly hope Golding put some teeth to those laws that them scanting around. I guess he could have hired Don Webly as a consultant but he put him on the government books.

Isn't this Babsy first ministerial post?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is that how bad it's going to get?

Is that John Crow, or just crow? The former might be on the endangered species list and we wouldn't want to trouble the new Minister of the Environment now, would we?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is that how bad it's going to get?

Is that John Crow, or just crow? The former might be on the endangered species list and we wouldn't want to trouble the new Minister of the Environment now, would we?
                Worse..

Change your signature to: 'Sorry, I take it back' from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                  Yuh nevah see how him big up Garnett for his embarassing performance on All Angles ?

Mi did expec dis from Karl and Jawge.. maybe something happen.. mi nuh hear bout nuh contract cancellations... but yuh nevah know..
                  Heard him on the breakfast club this morning. Why would anyone want this clown's opinion? Everybody discussing the cabinet, him still cussing bout the election. Peter Espuet affi mek him know that him not on the same page as dem.

Then ..... mi come yah come see Chief of the Poppy Show Brigade comical post.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    shaw....a joke? omar was what? comedy personified?

it really gets my goat to see all these criticisms BEFORE the people even take office. with everything that omar had going for him look how him leave the finance ministry is shambles and nary a peep!

we have FAR to go to get rid of tribalism as it has wrecked and will continue to wreck jamaica.....power for power's sake...not to help the country ... that is a major reason why we have not progressed ...mi tiyad a it now!
                    gamma: Do not be fooled by the 'Davis was joke' nonsense?

Look to what we have and how our private sector uses same! Then hang on for the ride - we'll see if after all the nonsense about - lowering borrowing levels and not raising taxes - the 'relief' the population expects by having increased standards of living for all, matches the people's expectations?

Let me repeat currently - we have nowhere to go without - increasing levels of borrowing and increasing the inflow of more tax dollars. Unless the idea is to 'keep the people in their places' with the use of state security forces.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mind yuh have to "take it back"!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Minister of Health & Environment - Rudyard Spencer. Somehow, as usual, Environment is coupled with another Ministry that is huge. Will not make any impact and goes to show that Caribbean govs are not serious about these issues. Jamaica is the same....only by name...there are just too many conflicts of interests - let's hope Spencer will get a Junior Minister to assist in this area. What is his track record or background?

Comment

Settle down, gamma!

If Bruce don't mind di criticism, why you tek it to heart suh?

I don't have to wait for them to "get to work" to criticise them. The man promised a trimmer govt. and he did not deliver. Waiting a year won't make two of those ministries disappear.

I gave some complimentary remarks on some of the selections (and I actually have more, Tufton for example) and I criticised some of the dinosaur selections. I have long expressed my disgust with these career politicians on both sides of the political divide, so what's the problem now? I cussed Portia for not getting rid of a number of them, so what's the problem now? I don't have to wait for them to do anything, they need to go!!! Babsy?!?! Please! Pearnel?! Give me a freaking break!!!!
                          Pearnel?
                          What are you saying - Yuh kno Bruce is married to Pearnel's sister? ...I seem to remember Maudib, Lazie and others taking about genetically connected?

...btw - I never had a problem with 'genetically connected' as my mantra is in Jamaica it is 'one degree of separation'...i.e. it cannot be otherwise than there being 'genetically connected'. The foregoing I said - repeatedly to Maudib's and Lazie's nonsense comments on that!

My reason for revisiting the matter is - Let us see if these JLP men will be consistent on the matter?
                          Last edited by Karl; September 13, 2007, 10:33 AM.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            gamma: Do not be fooled by the 'Davis was joke' nonsense?

Look to what we have and how our private sector uses same! Then hang on for the ride - we'll see if after all the nonsense about - lowering borrowing levels and not raising taxes - the 'relief' the population expects by having increased standards of living for all, matches the people's expectations?

Let me repeat currently - we have nowhere to go without - increasing levels of borrowing and increasing the inflow of more tax dollars. Unless the idea is to 'keep the people in their places' with the use of state security forces.
                            KArl, certain things yuh must simply leave alone. Do you understand the advantages of a growing economy? You do understand that more people gaining meaningful employment also have some advantages? Know what .... gwaan trying to figure out if Mutty was reading the Jamaican Constitution or the Conditions of the last State of Emergency.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Oh, you can expect the highest levels of consistency from Lazie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                                KArl, certain things yuh must simply leave alone. Do you understand the advantages of a growing economy? You do understand that more people gaining meaningful employment also have some advantages? Know what .... gwaan trying to figure out if Mutty was reading the Jamaican Constitution or the Conditions of the last State of Emergency.
                                Reading is overrated! ...and, so is understanding?

You never saw this - "currently" any where in my post did you? ...or, is it you do not understand what "currently" means?

Ooooh well!

Comment

Working...
                                X