Broken Promise No. 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Promise No. 1

The largest cabinet in Jamaica's history even as he preached against govt. size, waste and fluff.

I like some of the choices, however. Dorothy Lightbourne as justice minister and atty general is interesting. Can't see her behaving with the kind of AJ arrogance that we all hated. Can't see her putting up with police abuse and the like. But politics has a way of corrupting and contaminating people. I hope she remains untouched at least for a while.

Shaw as finance minister is a joke. The real brains in that ministry will be Don Wehby.

And then we flashback to the 80s - Babsy, Samuda, Baugh, Pearnel, Bartlett, Mike Henry -

And where is the mix that we were promised? Where are the women in this cabinet?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    The largest cabinet in Jamaica's history even as he preached against govt. size, waste and fluff.

I like some of the choices, however. Dorothy Lightbourne as justice minister and atty general is interesting. Can't see her behaving with the kind of AJ arrogance that we all hated. Can't see her putting up with police abuse and the like. But politics has a way of corrupting and contaminating people. I hope she remains untouched at least for a while.

Shaw as finance minister is a joke. The real brains in that ministry will be Don Wehby.

And then we flashback to the 80s - Babsy, Samuda, Baugh, Pearnel, Bartlett, Mike Henry -

And where is the mix that we were promised? Where are the women in this cabinet?
    Shaw will expose 'Karreck It' Davis as the joke.

The 80's.. ahh those were the days...coming out of the dark 70's....

I am almost positive that medical reports have concluded that Dorothy and Babsy are indeed women...

Comment

shaw....a joke? omar was what? comedy personified?

it really gets my goat to see all these criticisms BEFORE the people even take office. with everything that omar had going for him look how him leave the finance ministry is shambles and nary a peep!

we have FAR to go to get rid of tribalism as it has wrecked and will continue to wreck jamaica.....power for power's sake...not to help the country ... that is a major reason why we have not progressed ...mi tiyad a it now!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post

I am almost positive that medical reports have concluded that Dorothy and Babsy are indeed women...
        Exile, this must be the No. 2 dumb statement of the year! So, Bruce promises a most diverse cabinet and he improves upon the PNP govt's 3-woman cabinet by, hold on to your bagels, including 2 in his!
        Ah weak!

He certainly has some senior citizens in the cabinet, and some youth, so there is diversity for you.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Unuh can pay Mosiah mind? Whatever the composition of the Cabinet ... dem ago complain.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Exile, this must be the No. 2 dumb statement of the year! So, Bruce promises a most diverse cabinet and he improves upon the PNP govt's 3-woman cabinet by, hold on to your bagels, including 2 in his!
            Ah weak!

He certainly has some senior citizens in the cabinet, and some youth, so there is diversity for you.
            What is dumb are your forced criticisms.. Yuh hear bout di bwoy dat cry Wolf ?

Mi tell yuh fi save yuh energy.. is a long haul..

Comment

Settle down, gamma!

If Bruce don't mind di criticism, why you tek it to heart suh?

I don't have to wait for them to "get to work" to criticise them. The man promised a trimmer govt. and he did not deliver. Waiting a year won't make two of those ministries disappear.

I gave some complimentary remarks on some of the selections (and I actually have more, Tufton for example) and I criticised some of the dinosaur selections. I have long expressed my disgust with these career politicians on both sides of the political divide, so what's the problem now? I cussed Portia for not getting rid of a number of them, so what's the problem now? I don't have to wait for them to do anything, they need to go!!! Babsy?!?! Please! Pearnel?! Give me a freaking break!!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Complain? Yuh can't even recognise a compliment when you see one. I guess you didn't get many of them in your childhood.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Did he say smaller cabinet or smaller government?
                  If the cabinet is a lttle bigger and less consultants then it is worth it.
                  The PNP had too many consultants who take people business like a fi dem and had no accountablity to the people of Ja.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It's a 5 year haul. I think I can manage that.

But good looking out though!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"The man promised a trimmer govt" how is that translated to thiner cabinet?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Settle down, gamma!

If Bruce don't mind di criticism, why you tek it to heart suh?

I don't have to wait for them to "get to work" to criticise them. The man promised a trimmer govt. and he did not deliver. Waiting a year won't make two of those ministries disappear.

I gave some complimentary remarks on some of the selections (and I actually have more, Tufton for example) and I criticised some of the dinosaur selections. I have long expressed my disgust with these career politicians on both sides of the political divide, so what's the problem now? I cussed Portia for not getting rid of a number of them, so what's the problem now? I don't have to wait for them to do anything, they need to go!!! Babsy?!?! Please! Pearnel?! Give me a freaking break!!!!
                        Suh yuh nah wait to see how many 'consultants' get fired ?

Yuh have at least 5 years fi build yuh case.. why destroy it with poor aim and a trigger finger ?

Comment

Oh, okay. I take it back. I still expect a smaller govt. overall. Yeah right!

Yuh know what a larger cabinet means, Sass? It means more farin health insurance that JLIJ pay for, more printer ink to type out the word "honourable", more Prados and 90 gas fi run dem back and forth throughout Kingston to pick up children and a Cashpot ticket, more perks that you will never hear about but we JLIJ pay for, more permanent secretaries and all the baggage that go along with that, more rent for these ministers and dem peoples.

Stay deh tink say di govt. a go smaller.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Complain? Yuh can't even recognise a compliment when you see one. I guess you didn't get many of them in your childhood.
                            You can keep yuh under handed compliment. There is alot of work to do and Bruce has chosen the people he thinks can help to turn it around. Find a legit reason fi complain nuh? You people on the PoppyShow Brigade getting more ridiculous now. Have you any idea how much yuh sounding like Garnett Roper?
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Ok, I will wait.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X