Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is the full cabinet

New Cabinet released Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Speculation as to the makeup of Prime Minister Bruce Golding's Cabinet has come to an end as the list of new Ministers has been released.

RJR News received the list on Wednesday evening.

Contrary to popular assumption, Prime Minister Golding did not keep the portfolio of Finance for himself but bestowed it on the outspoken Audley Shaw.

However Mr. Golding separated the additional portfolios of Planning and Development keeping those two for himself.

Also against earlier pronouncements that he would trim the Cabinet, Mr. Golding has appointed 18 members, three of which who are without portfolios.

Portia Simpson Miller had 15 members in her Cabinet.

The list of Cabinet members proceeds as follows:

Prime Minister, Planning and Development - Bruce Golding

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs & Trade - Dr. Kenneth Baugh

Minister of Finance & the Public Service - Audley Shaw

Minister of National Security - Derrick Smith

Attroney General and Minister of Justice - Dorothy Lightbourne

Minister of Education - Andrew Holness

Minister of Industry & Commerce - Karl Samuda

Minister of Tourism - Edmund Bartlett

Minister of Agriculture - Dr. Christopher Tufton

Minister of Energy, Mining & Telecommunications - Clive Mullings

Minister of Water & Housing - Dr. Horace Chang

Minister of Labour & Social Security- Pearnel Charles

Minister of Health & Environment - Rudyard Spencer

Minister of Information, Culture, Youth & Sports - Olivia Grange

Minister of Transport & Works - Michael Henry

Minister without Portfolio (Office of the Prime Minister) - James Robertson

Minister without Portfolio (Ministry of Finance & the Public Service) - Don Wehby

Minister without Portfolio (Ministry of Finance & the Public Service) - Dwight Nelson

Mr. Delroy Chuck will be nominated as Speaker of the House.
    Last edited by Karl; September 12, 2007, 11:26 PM.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Ms grange get di sports,wow!!! that's very good.Everything Ms grange does she is a success at it(within the JLP).

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
      New Cabinet released Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Speculation as to the makeup of Prime Minister Bruce Golding's Cabinet has come to an end as the list of new Ministers has been released.

RJR News received the list on Wednesday evening.

Contrary to popular assumption, Prime Minister Golding did not keep the portfolio of Finance for himself but bestowed it on the outspoken Audley Shaw.

However Mr. Golding separated the additional portfolios of Planning and Development keeping those two for himself.

Also against earlier pronouncements that he would trim the Cabinet, Mr. Golding has appointed 18 members, three of which who are without portfolios.

Portia Simpson Miller had 15 members in her Cabinet.

The list of Cabinet members proceeds as follows:

Prime Minister, Planning and Development - Bruce Golding

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs & Trade - Dr. Kenneth Baugh

Minister of Finance & the Public Service - Audley Shaw

Minister of National Security - Derrick Smith

Attroney General and Minister of Justice - Dorothy Lightbourne

Minister of Education - Andrew Holness

Minister of Industry & Commerce - Karl Samuda

Minister of Tourism - Edmund Bartlett

Minister of Agriculture - Dr. Christopher Tufton

Minister of Energy, Mining & Telecommunications - Clive Mullings

Minister of Water & Housing - Dr. Horace Chang

Minister of Labour & Social Security- Pearnel Charles

Minister of Health & Environment - Rudyard Spencer

Minister of Information, Culture, Youth & Sports - Olivia Grange

Minister of Transport & Works - Michael Henry

Minister without Portfolio (Office of the Prime Minister) - James Robertson

Minister without Portfolio (Ministry of Finance & the Public Service) - Don Wehby

Minister without Portfolio (Ministry of Finance & the Public Service) - Dwight Nelson

Mr. Delroy Chuck will be nominated as Speaker of the House.

Heheh

Is a George's man cabinet this? I recognize at least 3 alumni, including my classmate Don. Lots of resources thrown at Finance and the Public Service Ministry.

I like the Combo of Health and Environment.

Comment

I think he should of drawn fi Hyacinth Bennett fi Education..

I see Financial is his major concern. I hope Don will be a man fi make sure corruption is not that rampant.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          I think he should of drawn fi Hyacinth Bennett fi Education..

I see Financial is his major concern. I hope Don will be a man fi make sure corruption is not that rampant.
          To my understanding she will be the Junior Minister in that Ministry.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Who is Don Wehby?

Who is Don Wehby?
            published: Thursday | September 13, 2007

Born in St. Andrew, Jamaica, to Donald George Wehby (Sr.) and Marie Elena Wehby, Donald George Wehby (Jr.) was educated at St. George's College,the University of the West Indies, Stanford University - Advanced Management College and Institute of Chartered Accountants.

He holds a Master's of Science in Accounting, a Batchelor of Science in Accounting, an ECA, a Fellow Chartered Accountant and a Certificate in Advanced Management.

Mr. Wehby is considered by his colleagues in the private sector as one of the youngest and most dynamic professionals in the financial field.

During his tenure as chief operating officer of the Financial Services Division, the division's pre-tax profit increased from $280 million in 2000 to $1.417 billion in 2005, an increase of 406 per cent. He also contributed to making GraceKennedy Limited, one of the region's largest food conglomerates, the first Jamaican cross-listed company. Outside of listing on the Jamaica Stock Exchange, the company listed in Trinidad & Tobago, Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange sited in St. Kitts.

Under his stewardship, he was partially responsible for several acquisitions made by the company, including the 100 per cent ownership of First Global Bank Limited and the most recent acquisition of the successful U.K. ethnic Food company, WT Foods.

Two-year leave of absence
            Mr. Wehby was granted a two-year leave of absence to serve in the new Cabinet by Douglas Orane, Chairman & CEO, GraceKennedy Limited.

"GraceKennedy has had a long tradition of encouraging its executives to give public service, and Don's decision to proceed is in keeping with this tradition," said Mr. Orane. "It reflects our deeply held belief that one of the best ways to demonstrate our Grace We Care philosophy is through actions such as these to develop the country we love so dearly."

He added: "We wish Don every success in this new endeavour to which he has unselfishly committed himself in the interest of our country, Jamaica, Land We Love."

FACT FILE
            1995-97 - He joined GraceKennedy Limited in 1995 as Group Finance Manager. He was appointed DeputyFinance Director in 1997 and to the Board of GraceKennedy in 1997.

1998 - He was appointed Group Chief Financial Officer

2005 - He was appointed Group Chief Financial Officer, including heading a new Strategic Planning Unit, relinquishing an additional role as Chief Operating Officer.

2006 - Deputy Chief Executive Officer, GraceKennedy Limited, and Chief Executive Officer, GK Investments
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

She is a whiz at securing car loans!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Where yuh heard that? Oh, of course, on the Internet!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Where yuh heard that? Oh, of course, on the Internet!
                  Strange, thought you would accuse me of lying.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

at least it wasn't a stolen car ring, she woulda make more money.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes, but probably less people would have been murdered.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X