Magisterial recount confirms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magisterial recount confirms

Peralto as the winner of SE St. MAry seat. There is still the question of those 2 boxes.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Peralto as the winner of SE St. MAry seat. There is still the question of those 2 boxes.
    What does the above mean?!

Magisterial recount must mean all boxes have been counted! Never ever heard of a magisterial recount of less than all boxes - all votes!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      What does the above mean?!

Magisterial recount must mean all boxes have been counted! Never ever heard of a magisterial recount of less than all boxes - all votes!
      All valid boxes.

The matter of validity is an election petition matter, not a magisterial recount matter. Mag. recount is only of the votes taken in the Final count.

Get wid di programme, nuh! LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        All valid boxes.

The matter of validity is an election petition matter, not a magisterial recount matter. Mag. recount is only of the votes taken in the Final count.

Get wid di programme, nuh! LoL
        You have not even approached the question?

Let me ask you the question in a different way - If a magisterial recount is a re-checking of all boxes with legitimate votes only being tabulated, how then did this magistrate count only some of the boxes and not all of the boxes...or, did she?

Valid boxes = boxes which were assigned to secure votes and were used to secure votes.

My understanding is 2 boxes assigned to secure votes and were, in fact, used to secure votes had not been counted by those responsible to effect a preliminary vote and or those assigned to effect the normal first re-count under the supervision of the officer so required by the Constitution and law.

Lazie's post above did not clear the air on whether or not the magistrate had carried out a count after such preliminary count and mandated re-count referenced above had first taken place.
        Last edited by Karl; September 13, 2007, 07:37 AM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          You have not even approached the question?

Let me ask you the question in a different way - If a magisterial recount is a re-checking of all boxes with legitimate votes only being tabulated, how then did this magistrate count only some of the boxes and not all of the boxes...or, did she?

Valid boxes = boxes which were assigned to secure votes and were used to secure votes.

My understanding is 2 boxes assigned to secure votes and were, in fact, used to secure votes had not been counted by those responsible to effect a preliminary vote and or those assigned to effect the normal first re-count under the supervision of the officer so required by the Constitution and law.

Lazie's post above did not clear the air on whether or not the magistrate had carried out a count after such preliminary count and mandated re-count referenced above had first taken place.
          Reread my answer!

The votes in the 2 boxes have a chain of custody question! Election petition to determine the validity!

Mag. recount ONLY for the votes counted in the final count. It is merely a math. recheck plus spoil ballot check. It does not encroach on NEW ballots not counted in the final count. Procedural matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            Reread my answer!

The votes in the 2 boxes have a chain of custody question! Election petition to determine the validity!

Mag. recount ONLY for the votes counted in the final count. It is merely a math. recheck plus spoil ballot check. It does not encroach on NEW ballots not counted in the final count. Procedural matter.
            I thought otherwise - I thought a magisterial re-count had built in rule/regulation/law/constitution mandated - all boxes and votes there-in must be counted and determination made on validity of each vote....with final figures of same authenticated by the Magistrate.

Comment

karl...don't THOUGHT...READ!!!

btw don't is the original winner petition for a recount and lost as a result? please feel freeto correct me if i'm wrong.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X