RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

prime minister to implement 100 day plan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prime minister to implement 100 day plan...

Prime Minister Bruce Golding has promised to spare little time in implementing several far reaching initiatives over the next three months.

The programmes and policies are expected to become a reality over the next 100 days and will not require significant expenditure.

In his inaugural address before a packed Kings House [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]lawn[/COLOR][/COLOR] Tuesday, Mr. Golding listed seven priorities for his administration.

"I want to see a [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]new [COLOR=blue! important]order[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] where the people will regard the government no matter which party forms the government as our government. And what are going to be the priorities of our government: the protection of the rights of our people, the reduction of crime so our people can feel safe and secure, and the creation of an educated, productive workforce to attract [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]investment[/COLOR][/COLOR] to create real jobs and generate prosperity and ensure that that prosperity is shared among the people," said Mr. Golding.

He said a JLP administration will also prioritise transparency and accountability in government and eliminate corruption.

Mr. Golding said the policy initiatives to achieve these goals are outlined in the Party's manifesto and pledged over the next three months to start the groundwork.

"Over the next 100 days action will be taken on a number of these initiatives not only because we regard as compelling the urgency of their implementation but also because it is important for us to validate the sincerity with which those commitments were made,"

"I ask the Jamaican people to appreciate the commitments we intend to honour in the first 100 days are of necessity those which do not require significant outlay of government expenditure,"

He also announced his intention to spearhead a national Hurricane clean-up day involving members of the public and community-based organisations.

And Mr. Golding has invited his predecessor Portia Simpson-Miller to join hands in a new style of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]politics[/COLOR][/COLOR].

Mr. Golding says this is critical pillar towards nation building.

"I want to sit down with you Portia, let's talk about [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Jamaica[/COLOR][/COLOR]. Let's talk about the dream we both share for a Jamaica whose people are at peace with each other where equality and justice reign supreme. Where I said so often in the recent campaign where every child can go to a good school, and every adult to a decent job, where not every one may be rich but no one has to be poor," he said.
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'
Working...
X