Mi confused! If the 2 boxes nuh count yet,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mi confused! If the 2 boxes nuh count yet,

how is Danville Walker suh confident the seat counts won't change?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Karl must really be living in a land of dreams. or he simply does not understand the process..there are no more boxes to come in KARL.

Boxes with ballots don't just fly in from outer space.

There is a fixed number of boxes going into the elections and once they all come in the seat is declared for the person with the most votes.

If all the boxes dont come in then they have to wait.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      how is Danville Walker suh confident the seat counts won't change?
      I hear the magistrate will not count them due to possibility of contamination.

Walker said they were forgotten on the night of the final count and that they were the election day/security forces ballots. They were not combined with the "normal" votes the relevant polling station boxes, as per the normal procedure.

This is what I heard, but cant swear its correct.

Comment

a insult yuh a try insult when yuh call me Karl? KArl is a cool dude. Apparently yuh missed the news. 2 additional boxes were found in South East St. MAry and according to NNN the boxes will be counted during the mag. recount.

Suh ... what yuh gonna duh? Call me Karl or Slap yuhself?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

LOL!! Not calling you Karl, but I was just addressing him in this post rather than start a new one.

No I did not hear the news but how can they find two new boxes? This makes no sense for the reasons I already outlined, just goes to show how much the EOJ and their agents messed up the process.

If these boxes are legit they may as well go ahead and call a new election.

How could they declare a winner when two boxes were not acounted for in the first place? Does this make any sense?
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            Karl must really be living in a land of dreams. or he simply does not understand the process..there are no more boxes to come in KARL.

Boxes with ballots don't just fly in from outer space.

There is a fixed number of boxes going into the elections and once they all come in the seat is declared for the person with the most votes.

If all the boxes dont come in then they have to wait.
            Karl in dream world?
            Yuh bettah talk tuh di Director of Elections and all involved in the preliminay count, the re-count and those responsible for "the chain of command" under which the boxes were held!

I have nothing to do with any of the above and or the pronouncements concerning who was first announced as winner, who was next announced as winner...and or suddenly found boxes.

As I understand it winners are not announced at any stage of counting without entire set of boxes being counted.

Now you are adding further 'nonsense statement' - DOE declaring no change without having had a complete counting of all boxes! If you think I am the one stating all the 'funny stories' you must have already bought the Brooklyn Bridge?!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Karl in dream world?
              Yuh bettah talk tuh di Director of Elections and all involved in the preliminay count, the re-count and those responsible for "the chain of command" under which the boxes were held!

I have nothing to do with any of the above and or the pronouncements concerning who was first announced as winner, who was next announced as winner...and or suddenly found boxes.

As I understand it winners are not announced at any stage of counting without entire set of boxes being counted.

Now you are adding further 'nonsense statement' - DOE declaring no change without having had a complete counting of all boxes! If you think I am the one stating all the 'funny stories' you must have already bought the Brooklyn Bridge?!
              Karl,

Lazie is correct. I did hear the news report that Walker did make that statement and I too was puzzled at first. I think it was his voice too, not just a recap by a reporter.

Then I reconciled it in my mind that the election workers/police votes may be less than the 34 seat margin of victory. If he knows that info, then he may be excused...otherwise its a crazy statement.

Comment

This is just poppy show bussines to rhatid, some body must have gotten caught up in the euphoria and forgotten to do some checks.

Going into the counting you know there are a set among of boxes and the smarter returning officers will even give an update on the tally after x amount of boxes.

When they count they tell you the box numbers and at the end of the night they will say after a total of 'x' number of boxes, this is the preliminary count.

If you had 116 boxes for example going into the election day, how could you then make any declaration after 114 boxes????

Some body needs to get fired or fined or some thing.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                  This is just poppy show bussines to rhatid, some body must have gotten caught up in the euphoria and forgotten to do some checks.

Going into the counting you know there are a set among of boxes and the smarter returning officers will even give an update on the tally after x amount of boxes.

When they count they tell you the box numbers and at the end of the night they will say after a total of 'x' number of boxes, this is the preliminary count.

If you had 116 boxes for example going into the election day, how could you then make any declaration after 114 boxes????

Some body needs to get fired or fined or some thing.
                  Because there should NOT have been extra boxes! The votes should have been separated in envelopes after the 28th and on the 3rd, should have been put in the relevant boxes. I seems that is where the breakdown was. This was not done but was picked up and scheduled to be done during the final count. The count went late...till 2am and they forgot to include these votes. Since then, the chain of custody may not have been secured and the votes COUL have been tampered with. There must be only a few votes (say less than 20), otherwise DW would be mad to make such a statement!

Comment

1) The JLP won the seat by 34 votes
                    2) The boxes contains only votes from election day workers
                    3) Mr Walker is in a position to know how many election day worker ballots were assigned to the constituency
                    4) He may also khow many PNP and how many JLP workers were employed.

He is a better position than a pollster to predict the result.

Perhaps there are more than 34 ballots in these boxes but Mr Walker knows there is no way that the PNP will get 34 more than the JLP.
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

This thing is sounding more and more like Florida and Ohio.

Is it because the DOE is more under more public and media scrutiny now why all these things are coming to the fore or has our voting process gotten worse?

Before we didn't really have the internet fi give us up to the minute report so what the man dem think?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        Karl,

Lazie is correct. I did hear the news report that Walker did make that statement and I too was puzzled at first. I think it was his voice too, not just a recap by a reporter.

Then I reconciled it in my mind that the election workers/police votes may be less than the 34 seat margin of victory. If he knows that info, then he may be excused...otherwise its a crazy statement.
                        More -
                        Just heard on Nationwide that the Magistrate has refused to count the boxes...based on her stated reasons that the procedure is the boxes have to be counted by others first - i.e. I am assuming those responsible for the preliminary count and or those responsible for the recount.

btw - Are you stating as fact that the 'found' boxes contained election workers/police votes only?

In any case I do not think it was sensible for the DOE...any DOE to declare a winner before all boxes are counted.
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Wait why would they call another election and put the people through all the stress and strains over one seat? Are you guys saying that what happened at this polling station wasn't an isolated incidence?

respect

Comment

Originally posted by Shatta View Post
                            Wait why would they call another election and put the people through all the stress and strains over one seat? Are you guys saying that what happened at this polling station wasn't an isolated incidence?

respect
                            Speculating here. A PM is now in office. There are about 3 seats that may swing back to the PNP after the mag. recount. There are about 3 JLP MPs that the PNP are claiming to be 'farinas'. All I'm saying is that as PM, Bruce has the option to call elections again.

Comment

Originally posted by Shatta View Post

respect
                              Re-run in those seats with the problems...not an all-island election!

Yet as Willi suggested and I agreed, there is the possibility that if a tie occurs and a compromise between the parties could not be reached there may be an agreement to dissolve parliament and hold new elections.

It may well be if gridlock occurs with a 33-27 split that Golding does just that as not being able to achieve anything of substance has the real possibility that the electorate blames the party in power...and that party pays at the polls. If the thinking goes that way the JLP may decide to limit the term of the current government - calling snap elections and take a shot at gaining increased majority.

Comment

Working...
                              X