No announcement yet.

first order of duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you know not of what you speak, you should give it a break. USAID never left Jamaica. What cold war?

Comment

Exile you stated simplistic but it is as easy as this.
      China is now giving many loans at low cost to African countries and they even provided the Stadium in Trelawny at low cost so it wouldn't hurt to negociate with them.

The World bank claim they are in reform and is looking for responsible governments, not corrupted ones. If any progressive government can set up a plan and convince them that it is good to go there is a chance it would go.

I think the USAID or one organization had cut back aid to Jamaica because of the government failure to meet its commitments so they may have not pulled out was not impressed.

I am sure if the government is good enough to come up with a plan bankers will listen to them as it only means money for that specific bank or organization. Argentina did it, so too did Brazil and renegociate their loans so it is not impossible, it is just a matter of how effective the goverment will be and how many doors them knock on.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
        My people? Let me tell you something - anybody in Government with a Jamaican passport is OUR people. Your one-sided mindset is a huge part of the Jamaican problem - bi-coloured vision.
        All Parliamentarians have Jakan passports.

The Constit, issue is about if they also have another non-commonwealth one...or more specifically if by their own act swore allegience to a foreign power.

Comment

Duh!

Comment

LoL

So why U mention Jakan passport.

That is how U confuse me!

Shoulda known that U know better though.

Comment

Just meant Jamaicans...although technically all may not have applied for one, although entitled to one. Yes, I over-emphasized there.

Comment

Mi a talk bout your support for the exiting government. Those people have done more damage to Jamaica's economy than any international banking organization. It's amazing how unuh support is blinded by political loyalty.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

As a man thinketh so is he

Mexico find a way to use some of their remittances to fund public works and social projects. Money talk so if we send home US $1.5 billion dollars a year then surely we must can find a way to start our own version of the one listed below.

http://www.thedialogue.org/publications/alarcon.pdf

Assasin I am taking your advice and Willi's also. I would love to interview people associated with these projects.

We have to open our minds to thinking behond the obvious

A US$6 million dollar textile factory like the One I showed you guys in China could generate over a 10,000 jobs for us directly and indirectly. A factory like that would also spawn spin off industries that would cater to the market.

Just one example
                  On my way back from the Magic show at the Las Vegas Convention center I struck up a conversation with a lady sitting beside me on the shuttle.

Now she owns a store and resides in Arizona and she told me that she also supplies over 200 accounts(you have to talk to people anyone come in your space you strike up a conversation with and if they talk they talk)

I asked her how she accomplished that and she said that she worked in a tourist town and so when they buy from her and go home they start ordering from her as people complement them on their outfits or they recommend a retail store to her.

Now with shipping and cruise ports why aren't we doing all that? Its our minds, we are still stuck on sugar, banana, manual labour etc. Before anyone can put us down we put ourselves in those position.

I know it can be done and we will do it regardless of disagreements because at the end of the day we have an informal think tank that provides more solutions for Jamaica than most other places.

In fact we hold more serious discussion on Jamaica than a lot of people who are supposed to be thinking about Jamaica. Don't let the party differences fool you we are all concerned about our country and so all we need is a start.

Just a start and it over fi dem! Same too with our football we are going to start affecting positive change from the outside if its the last thing we do its GOING TO HAPPEN!

To get it started
                  We need at least one thread where we can brainstorm for Jamaica and then put it into action. We can war with 99% of the post dem but if we hit 100% and nothing gets done then we will just be talking and spinning our wheels.

Karl don't the reggaeboyz supporters club is a non profit organisation?
                  Well since you and Tilla and Mosiah do most of the work before and yours truly was content to criticise. I will do my make up duties and say that a lot of non profit entities are now set up to accept donation on the web so look into that and with that money we can start fundraising and raising awarness as to our mission and goals.

Time to get it moving and done with the talking

Comment

Working...
                  X