first order of duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first order of duty

Audley Shaw should get a team of financial experts togather and try and get cheaper loans from the Chinese, Japanese, the European and the USAID, World bank etc. Some people may not like to hear it but I will even go as far as to say the IMF. They should also assure Chavez that Jamaica will honor their commitments.

Refinance some of our debt at cheaper interest rate and us the rest to pay down on our debt and help to finace education. There is no gurantee he will get it but he should try as it mean the first step to recovery.

New admin, new energy and new thinking, hope they attack this soon.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

We need to negotiate wisely with our creditors, and try to get some loan forgiveness as well. Thanks to PJ Patterson, over 65% of our budget is used to finance international debt.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The very sad part is there is a rising local debt and there is no chance of this even been refinance or forgiven.

This local debt take capital out of the market, bad for business growth.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You obviously dont know how these things work do you? The JLP actually approached the IMF already and the man dem laugh in dem face. Public knowledge...Jamaica's economy was too bouyant and strong for us to qualify for any help from the IMF.

Also loans from the Multi-nationals like World Bank cannot be used to pay off existing debts, those loans can only be used for specific projects, so unless they have projects in mind...they cant get loans.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Audley Shaw should get a team of financial experts togather and try and get cheaper loans from the Chinese, Japanese, the European and the USAID, World bank etc. Some people may not like to hear it but I will even go as far as to say the IMF. They should also assure Chavez that Jamaica will honor their commitments.

Refinance some of our debt at cheaper interest rate and us the rest to pay down on our debt and help to finace education. There is no gurantee he will get it but he should try as it mean the first step to recovery.

New admin, new energy and new thinking, hope they attack this soon.
          honestly sass,jamaica have lost under the IMF.The WorldBank,CitiBank,IDB,VenezuelianBanks,ChineseBan k,and Spainish, BNSCanada should give funds to finance rather than the IMF.The IMF is only for Balance of payment and they dictates,we lost under them.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            USAID,
            I doubt the USAID,they usually gave us grants and loans under the JLP party of the eighties,the cold war is over no more.

Comment

You can not start out with a defeatist attitude

A defeatist attitude will get you nowhere!

World Business Briefing | Americas: Argentina: Loan Swap Agreement

Published: August 2, 2001
              Argentina reached agreement with banks to exchange $1.32 billion of maturing government bills for longer-term debt, easing concern the country will default as soon as this month. Citigroup Inc., the Bank of America Corporation, the BankBoston Corporation, J. P. Morgan Chase & Company and 10 other banks agreed to swap their Treasury bills for two securities coming due in one and three years. The agreement came nine days before $708 million of bills mature.

The government is in a ''very comfortable'' position to cover its debt, said the finance secretary, Daniel Marx. He said the ministry would sell $400 million of five-year notes in the next week.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

you love spread propoganda eeehhhh.

Because Jamaica have a huge reserves, not because our economy is strong. That is too different things.

Anyway what the JLP asked about was a special program and if you don't go and negociate things fi you self you will get nowhere. You know how much people tell me mi a idiot mi couldn't get a home loan?

Them tell you if you have the right business plan, If you can sell it and convince the bankers that they should lend it to you, you stand a chance of getting it.

Comment

Jamaican governments did more damage to the Jamaican economy than any aid agency. The fact of the matter is we not borrowing from the IMF right now look at the debt ratio?

Comment

You dont have to take my word for it Einstein...do some frigging work of your own.
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

I have already and again the Jamaican economy is not growing.

in the last 18 years it grew less than 1% on average. We have a huge reserve and that is why we couldn't get a loan from a special program that Shaw was talking about.

Comment

Simplistic.

Comment

it start somewhere. First you have to believe in yourself.

Comment

We can chat bout being simplistic, but the fact remains that our finances have been poorly managed and we has been very little economic growth. By the way, your people have certainly managed our finances well

Comment

My people? Let me tell you something - anybody in Government with a Jamaican passport is OUR people. Your one-sided mindset is a huge part of the Jamaican problem - bi-coloured vision.

Comment

Working...
                              X