When Portia promise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    LIAR Lazie, no one has a problem with the free education. Some might prefer cost-sharing, but that's ok.

But get it in your thick skull - it is the timing that was RECKLESS!!! Straight electioneering without thinking it thru! Not just reckless, but DUMB!!!!

And if Bruce bad, mek him get rid of JUTC. Was that a promise too? That would ensure his one-term! Memba!
    Talk bout a moving target. They made the committment and you were climbing up the walls that it was electioneering ... NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Now they've indicated that they going "Full Speed Ahead" unuh start complaining bout the timing.

All Bruce need fi duh is duh him think and ignore the unthinking people. Afterall, anything him duh unuh gonna have a problem. RA55 ... di man dem not even swear in yet.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Criticism didn't just form outta thin air. Must have been a reason for it.
      Of course ... its Bruce and the JLP!
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

the man need a few hours fi go pay respect to him oldman and ole lady but some a the man dem that him admire.

When me achieve anything mi thank my dead relatives them and people who influenced me. One of my first thought is I wish they were here to see. If you have a dead parent you would understand.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You are very good. I thought it was some thanks to the dead for helping in the elections..some kind of of simmy dimmy...

Comment

So people expect refund by monday?
            Tell me that, regardless how reckless you think it is.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

My father has been dead for 19 years...I don't worship the dead..we were very close...I respect ancestors, grave sites etc., I treasure his memory and yes many times wish he were still here, not into the necromancy.

Comment

Actually people expected the refund Tuesday, some never even paid it at all as they were expecting the JLP to win anyways
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

I don't worship the dead either but my mom and grand dad who I was close to pass and when ever I achieve something I often remember them and as for my mom if I go to Ja I have to go to her grave site so I can understand him wanting to go there.

That is his way of showing appreciation and I personally don't see anything wrong about that as long as he is not professing some spirtuality unto the people.

Comment

I don't know what you mean by many in reference to Portia's plan which was as ambitious but hardly practical. Our heathcare system is propped up by government and I don't think it was economically viable to do what she was saying. Yes, many people thought it was impratical.

Selling off of additional state assest, if there are buyers, could provide funds to subsidize the educational initiative in the short term. I suppose the expectation is that by the time that source (sell state assets) of funds is exhausted, then we would be reaping the benefits of those now highly educated high schoolers contributing to the GDP and thus three will be more money to pump back in the program--let's home the contributions wouldn't be barrels from NY.

I would suggest you take a look at the JLP manifesto, the current budget for the Ministry of Ed and the gov't as well as our debt profile. All the budget info is available from the Economist Intelligence Unit among others. I would argue that any proceeds from selling off state assets should go into reducing our external debt and then force some fiscal discipline so it doesn't spiral again. Then we might be able to use interest rates as a better inflation fighter, people could get tax relief and maybe access to capital to start building a real business class.

Comment

Forget the people (the JLP already did!). What about the schools? They have use for the money too!!!

All I am saying is, yes, give di people dem dem free tuition, but there was no need to promise them a refund as soon as school reopen. The other part of the equation is, many people just never bothered paying at all. So now the schools are left up the creek - can't get money from the parents because the parents can't bother with the refund ting, and dem nuh get nuh money from the govt.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why unuh think Portia set the elections for August 27th? It was clear she was trying to force Bruce to change his position from September to accuse him of being a flip flop.

A nuh Bruce fault ... blame the comic that was trying to outsmart someone much smarter than her.

Comment

I am talking about the yearly $$$ they have to put in the these organizations to keep them afloat. The operating cost.

Comment

Lazie, come on now that nuh mek nuh sense. She set the date so that when she lose she could accuse Bruce of flip-flopping?

Sound like you had a Jawge/Karl moment.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Ok, I got you. And I think that dumping Air jamaica should be able to free up those annual funds. That sounds good. The public bus system...no. AirJ... By all means. However, I still say SME first should be a higher priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                                Lazie, come on now that nuh mek nuh sense. She set the date so that when she lose she could accuse Bruce of flip-flopping?

Sound like you had a Jawge/Karl moment.
                                Is it? Maybe its the downfall of a thinking person.

Bruce had said that if the JLP wins the election September morning the they would be paying the tuition fees. Then out of the blue Portia set the election for August 27th.

Remember, everybody was questioning Bruce's credibility and the PNP was saying on the campaign trail that Bruce cannot be trusted. Here is an example, initially the JLP was saying 'free education' then Holness and Noel Montieth (sp) were on a radio program. Noel pointed to Holness that free education meant paying fees, tuition, books etc hence they changed to the term tuition fees. They were accused of being flip flops there was even an ad about it.

Now after stating September morning this thing kicking in, and due to the August 27th election date him come back and say, because of the election date dem affi push back the date, wouldn't than be playing into the PNP's hand?

Maybe you nuh see it, but the Sunday night the election was announced that was the first ting that crossed my mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X