No announcement yet.

Is the PNP planning to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is obvious he saw himself as the opposition and so too does Portia and her PNP right now.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      No. Enlighten, please.

I hope Lazie sees the plot and don't continue running with the sentiment in his initial post.

Hell, what am I talking about. Is Lazie!
      What the fonication yuh talking bout Mosiah! Regarding your original response. If the JLP has a majority of 1 .... its still a majority. So what if a JLP MP is Speaker? Dem can manipulate the Orders so that certain issues are voted on when all the ministers are present.

This talk of unity is a damn myth. Now ... if Bruce nuh mek no offer to them, you and the poppyshow brigade ago come wid the finger pointing.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well, they are/were the opposition, but, as Karl asked, can you be an effective opposition while being unified to move the country FORWARD!? I think you can, and we better find out how to!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

he said..basically that what he wants is unity and to serve the jamaican people (i'm paraphrasing)...now if yuh call him on that and ask him to serve the jamaican people as speaker and him refuse....what are we to think of him?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mo I do believe opposition don't need to be unified with the government.
            It is the job of the opposition to point out where things are wrong and be effective, even to cause a little trouble sometime.

Mi nuh have no problem with opposition as long as a nuh violence them a come wid. I also hope the PNP become a strong opposition but based on facts and been hawks of the govt.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

By your behaviour, you would think the JLP lost the election.

Settle down, Lazie. This viewpoint of mine is not really mine. This is what the political analysts were saying on Monday night. Something tells me you haven't even taken the time to understand what they are saying. Why would any opposition give away the little voting power they have in parliament?!?

Or continue with your tantrum!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Apparently, you don't understand the ploy too, huh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

By your behaviour, you would think the JLP lost the election.

Settle down, Lazie. This viewpoint of mine is not really mine. This is what the political analysts were saying on Monday night. Something tells me you haven't even taken the time to understand what they are saying. Why would any opposition give away the little voting power they have in parliament?!?

Or continue with your tantrum!
                  Why unuh somehow think that because one disagree with unuh, that person is upset?

I fully well understand it. 32-28. JLP speaker of the house now 31-28. How is the PNP gonna give away voting power? The JLP still has the majority. Again, the talk of unity is all that ... talk. How mi see it ... waste of time. Get on with the job.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

But doan mek 3 JLP MP go a bathroom when vote suppose fi tek!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But doan mek 3 JLP MP go a bathroom when vote suppose fi tek!
                      As I stated on Tuesday, these MPs should be earning their salaries as they should be rushing to Parliament every week.

Comment

And when they don't represent their constituencies, wi cuss dem.

This is funny as hell!

'Pip Pip' Harry crashes
                        published: Thursday | September 6, 2007

( L - R ) Harry Douglas, Tarn Peralto
                        Harry Douglas, the politician who some St. Mary residents have alleged honks the horn of his SUV more often than he represents them, has been driven into the political wilderness by the voters in South East, St. Mary.
                        He was popularly called 'Pip Pip', an indication that he did not even give a full blast of the horn whenever he drove through the constituency.
                        Electoral Office of Jamaica recount results yesterday indicated that the veteran politician lost by 34 votes to the Jamaica Labour Party's (JLP) Tarn Peralto.
                        The defeat is an almost final curtain call for the 64-year-old Mr. Douglas as far as representational politics is concerned.
                        Mr. Peralto had lost by 365 votes to Mr. Douglas in the 2002 elections. Yesterday's official recount of Monday's poll showed that Mr. Peralto polled 6,959 votes to Mr. Douglas' 6,925.
                        The preliminary count after Monday's general election showed Mr. Douglas with a majority of 46 votes.
                        It means that the JLP has increased its seat count to 33 while the People's National Party's count has dropped by one to 27.
                        Fifth straight win
                        Mr. Douglas was seeking an unprecedented fifth straight win in the St. Mary South East seat, which he held for the past 18 years.
                        He became a Member of Parliament in 1989 when he won under the leadership of the late PNP president and former Prime Minister, Michael Manley.
                        Mr. Douglas was appointed State Minister for Local Government and Environment in 2002 under the administration of former Prime Minister P.J. Patterson.
                        In an interview with The Gleaner last year, Mr. Douglas, who had previously announced his intention to leave representational politics, said the 2007 elections would have been his last. "It has to be my last shot. Old father time has taken its toll. Like an old solder, I just will have to fade away," Mr. Douglas said then.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          he said..basically that what he wants is unity and to serve the jamaican people (i'm paraphrasing)...now if yuh call him on that and ask him to serve the jamaican people as speaker and him refuse....what are we to think of him?
                          He does not want to become speaker!
                          I hope I am clear on this one.

Aside: I do not really think someone could be honestly thinking that not accepting the job as speaker means one does not want to work for unity.

...but, could someone be really thinking that?
                          Last edited by Karl; September 6, 2007, 11:33 AM.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The real question is why is the JLP offering the position to someone in opposition? If unnu tink is unity, see di beach front apartment in Mandeville deh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

is not what yuh seh...is what yuh duh!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

well...now that we know seh it was all posturing.....we can see through a glass darkly!

Comment

Working...
                                X