No announcement yet.

New gov’t says school tuition promise is safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you think Bruce and the JLP does not know this? Look how many times in a two day span Ken Baugh had to try and explain and revise his free health policy.

Hell in a span of two days Audley Shaw and Bruce had their dates and figures completely wrong on national live TV.

Lazie it is called trying to win an election and if they thought they could get away with it they would also promise free cars and homes as well.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      And you think Bruce and the JLP does not know this? Look how many times in a two day span Ken Baugh had to try and explain and revise his free health policy.

Hell in a span of two days Audley Shaw and Bruce had their dates and figures completely wrong on national live TV.

Lazie it is called trying to win an election and if they thought they could get away with it they would also promise free cars and homes as well.
      Sickko, it nuh mek nuh sense. The man dem come out and say they're standing by their committment after winning the election, yet yuh still claim it is to win an election. Knock yuhself out.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

or hurrican relief
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You are behaving as if the JLP is full of altruistic people who have a halo of light around their heads and cant tell lie like any Comrade...

Let me ask you one thing, do you really believe the JLP will deliver on every single promise they made from the political platform?

Hell I dont think they can even remember every promise they made during their western swing.

I heard Donaldson in Cambridge saying he had commitments from "major hotel chains" to bus tourist to maroon Town and Flagstaff to visit the heritage sirtes there.

Problem is, there are no heritage sites in Flagstaff...there are places of historic interest but one would have to go thru some serious bushes to get to them or some very old graves dating back as far as 1840 that is covered with very high grass.

What he should have said was he plans to develop the sites first but no he wanted votes so he had to say what he thinks would get him the votes
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

WHAT?!! did the pnp deliver on every single promise? why the heightened scrutiny boss?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

heighten scrutiny is what those in opposition do best and as of now my party is in opposition.

Just like how Lazie and Ben jam and Comment found every little mistake in the PNP and blew them up....
              Che Guevara.

Comment

ok...and the beat goes on......everlasting!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

dem fenneh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    naw lie...good move to stave off the chaos that was expected!
                    Chaos dun di deh!

Schools usually --- hell I was last in charge of a school in 1969-71 --- have bare cubboards at the start of the school year. Fees seed the moving on particularly at the start of the school year. If those fees do nto arrive previous to and or in sync with that start it means more 'trus a goods an services'.

In those years the deficit was not large...but, it was not difficult to 'trus' during those years...I wonder if, the same holds now?

The Ministry (Finance & Education) will have to 'race' those tution fees funds to the schools or else...???
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                      heighten scrutiny is what those in opposition do best and as of now my party is in opposition.

Just like how Lazie and Ben jam and Comment found every little mistake in the PNP and blew them up....
                      Get yuhself together Sickko. Yuh poppyshow Gov't made "little" mistake? Trafigura, Netserve, Cement Crisis to name a few were little mistake? Gwaan form the fool, yuh mekking KArl and Jawge look like amature.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well I guess it's too late to go back on a promise, but I think this is a mistake, now and before the elections. I am certain a lot of poor people welcome this but this is not fiscally sound. If I were advising him, I would have him talk about "phased implementation, piloting, evaulation of the impact on a small scale.." you know-all those phrases that sends dubious messages.

Heck if there is "free money" to go around I would rather he throws it at bolstering micro-enterprises.

Guidance

Comment

Lawks Lazie! UNNU WIN!!!!!!!

A wonder if dem a talk bout di same ting dem pon Mutty show?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by GaryD View Post
                            Well I guess it's too late to go back on a promise, but I think this is a mistake, now and before the elections. I am certain a lot of poor people welcome this but this is not fiscally sound. If I were advising him, I would have him talk about "phased implementation, piloting, evaulation of the impact on a small scale.." you know-all those phrases that sends dubious messages.

Heck if there is "free money" to go around I would rather he throws it at bolstering micro-enterprises.

Guidance
                            The man dem see the need to have an educated labour force in order to move the country in a certain direction and they are going about it. It may not be "fiscally sound" now but in the long term, would the country be able to benefit from having an educated labour force?

Comment

Educated labour force? - 70% can't pass a subject! Now the 70% is even bigger!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                                Educated labour force? - 70% can't pass a subject! Now the 70% is even bigger!
                                I see that like Shatta you haven't read the JLP's manifesto.

Comment

Working...
                                X