X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2007 debate link

Can be viewed here:
    http://www.bigculture.com/jamaican-2...-debate-1of-10
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

You seem satisfied with
    Bruce's school boy evasive answer. I am not. True leaders don't run when the chips are down. Portia could have stamped her feet and cross the floor but she waited patiently took the taunts and won the PNP presidency. That's the mark of leadership and character. She had class not to mention, Busta, Norman, micheal or Shearer. Nanny P beleived in her own self as aleader and did not see the need to compare. Atfterall she did not weasel her way or flip flopped to Jamaica house. I have the utmost respect for her.

Comment

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

much better: Isee improvement in
        your vocab. Thanks, keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          much better: Isee improvement in
          your vocab. Thanks, keep it up.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

True leaders don't run when the chips are down

so true....ssssssssoooooooooooooooo true!!!! exactly HOW did portia concede again? remind us please!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i respect her too.....i thought she deserved to win the pnp presidency and i thought (hoped) she would have been a good leader.....unfortunately...i was wrong.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Where did she run to? She lost
                and did not concede immediately. Did she announce that she is going to start a new party Gamma? I must be missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  i respect her too.....i thought she deserved to win the pnp presidency and i thought (hoped) she would have been a good leader.....unfortunately...i was wrong.
                  I think you made up your mind too quickly...but, let us see how the power struggle within the PNP plays out and what happens come 2012.

...and, as I said when Boxhill won the JFF, all Bruce must..."is do"!

2012 is not as far as it may seem at this time.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Why? because she didn't answer
                    questions promptly in a debate or wasn't comfortable and purposeful at the debate's podium? Thanks for letting me know your criteron for leadership.

Comment

you are....someone read her concession...she never she hasn't gone to form a new party...yet! and consider this how bad can it be that a man leave one party to form another, abandoned that party, returned to his previous party and STILL beat her!!!!????

Comment

it wasn't just based on the debate.....as i have said on here time and again she made serious errors in judgment.....i'm not repeating them you can search and look.....the term eternal learner has a whole different meaning when it comes to you!!!!

Comment

i had seen enough karl.....

Comment

The fact is; we hate
                            ourselves and Nanny P looked too much like us (same background and all) so did not want to see her in Jamaica house for four years.

Comment

and pj, who does he remind us of? sir laurence olivier?

Comment

Working...
                              X