Portia remains defiant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portia remains defiant.

Claims of legal challenges and recounts. What a bangarang!

Very disappointing.......just be graceful & concede defeat
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      Claims of legal challenges and recounts. What a bangarang!
      That is the problem I have with the PNP - Way the party leaders present their arguments.

Nothing wrong with asking her people to remain claim and get off the streets. She could have not conceded and merely said she would await the final count and resolution to any constitutional matters that may have arisen. END of STORY!

...just go back to AJ Nicholson's stumblings and inarticulate response to questions on the State of Emergency? Just gave the news media stuff to run with.

Portia has done the same thing...not because she was wrong, but because of the way she said it!
      Last edited by Karl; September 3, 2007, 11:23 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I agree completely Karl.

Now we have a potentially tense situation.

It is the PNP that has the most to risk in a recount as they have about 3 seats with less than 100 vote margins.

Anyway, even with a constitutional challenge, all that can happen is a by-election, so more instability.

We are left with tension, when we should be celebrating cohabitation where our politicians will have to work closer together and take their responsibility more seriously. It could be the best of times or worst of times.

MPs cant disappear anymore and Parliamentary attendence is now Mandatory.

Hahahahahahah. All a dem haffi work fi a living now!!!! Thank goodness. The people are in control again.

Comment

the best thing to happen to Ja in a while, a new government with that margin.

Bruce can either build or break his rep and leadership quality.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This is why I hate politics; this aspect is really dirty. Would Bruce have done any different? It's pitiful to see people grasping to hang on to power...

BTW Willi, I hear that in CH they vote from village councils upwards? or have a unique system of voting that ensures the grassroots man (if that exist ova deh) have a real say in Govt.

pr
            Peter R

Comment

Everybody have a vote on everything. Just need 600 signatures to force a vote on ANYTHING!

If you live here for more than 8 years, even foreign residents can vote in local community elections.

Comment

Power means more contracts, job and corruption, you think that easy fi give up?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It's all about the "Nannies" I guess.

What is an MP salary in JA?

pr
                  Peter R

Comment

shi fighting for her political future within the party not just prime ministership!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That is why the newspapers were able to swing the swing voters to the JLP. Forecast a JLP win and the swingers will swing.
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X