economic growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• economic growth

Karl and others can you tell me of countries where with a stable 5% or higher growth and financial stability over 5 or more years where majority has not been better off?

The growth usually start uneven and mainly in some sectors but if it continue by the third to 4 year it usually start spread and more workers are needed as that is the only way the growth can continue.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Perhaps, it would be easier if you list the countries which for 5 years had annual 5% growth or more?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

were the majority better off
      through 1980-89?

Comment

I can list some. China, India, Dominican Republic, just to name a few.

My point is eventually if the country continue to grow the majority will get richer and any economist wil will tell you that.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass I gave you specific time
          period regarding JA, not India, China and the DR. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Karl and others can you tell me of countries where with a stable 5% or higher growth and financial stability over 5 or more years where majority has not been better off?

The growth usually start uneven and mainly in some sectors but if it continue by the third to 4 year it usually start spread and more workers are needed as that is the only way the growth can continue.
            Thank you sass,you can also include singapore,Bahrain,Costa rica(although may be a little lower),Israel,malta,various european contries and taiwan.

Comment

Are familiar with the
              concept of billions in economic aid? Puss an dog nuh haff di same luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                Are familiar with the
                well look at Botswana,they have little resources and just under 2 million people an there economy grew within 4-6 percent per annum.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

of course,in the eighties we had price control on things,no GCT,stable exchange rate,economic growth yess we were better off(the majority).

Comment

stabe exchange rate? Go
                    do your research; the black market was at its finest then. Better off yet the people voted out the JLP, amazing.

Comment

Jawge that was two years not five and plus some sectors were boomin

Comment

Are familiar with the
                        .. and this gov't nuh get aid? Time yuh stop acting like a clown.

The accumulated growth for those 45 years was approximately 94.4%. Of those years, the JLP was in power for 20 years and the PNP for 25 years.

For the 20 years the JLP was in power the accumulated growth was 93%. This is an average growth of 4.65% for those 20 years. For the 25 years the PNP was in power the accumulated growth was 1.4% or an average of 0.06% (less than 1/10 of 1%) for each of those 25 years. Of this 1.4% they have recorded for 25 years, one year (1990) grew by 5.5% and this was because of the momentum coming from the JLP government in the 1980s. The JLP, who has been in government for five years less than the PNP, has grown the economy a whopping 66.4 times more. Amazing!
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

stabe exchange rate? Go
                          do your research; the black market was at its finest then. Better off yet the people voted out the JLP, amazing.
                          With people with your mediocre mentality voting, what else unuh woukd duh?
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Much more stable than now.

Dollar went from 2:1 to 5.5:1.

Since 1989, it went from 5.5:1 to 65:1 !!!!!!

This is public knowledge.

The black market was at the worst in the early 1990s when BOJ was dishing out cash to agents in their car trunks to buy dollars on the street in the North Coast. Is Butch Stewart who stepped in to arrest the rapid decline at 22:1. Dont tell me you forget already.

Comment

Working...
                            X