No announcement yet.

Many are saying that they were ashamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You missed the part alluding to Portia being rejected because whe does not 'speak well'...act like 'Mr. & Mrs. Stush'...
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

one does not have to be ashamed of her to come to the conclusion that she may not make a good prime minister.

as i have often said, had she called elections after the selection by the pnp, i know that i would have voted for her to give her a chance as prime minister in favour of bruce. as it is she finished out pj's term with a whimper and steadily lost public support....i am not in favour of her being prime minister.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What would make her "cut it"?

I too am not impressed with Portia since she took the reins, but I think too many of us are ashamed of her buttooness, and our "dislike" for her has more to do with that than anything she did or did not do as a politician.

For me, shi coulda buttoo likkle more!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

My feeling exactly.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            one does not have to be ashamed of her to come to the conclusion that she may not make a good prime minister.

as i have often said, had she called elections after the selection by the pnp, i know that i would have voted for her to give her a chance as prime minister in favour of bruce. as it is she finished out pj's term with a whimper and steadily lost public support....i am not in favour of her being prime minister.
            ...that could be a reasoned position.
            btw - why do you think she should not be PM?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

because she has committed 2 SERIOUS blunders.....and in doing so exhibited poor judgment that has cost her significantly..

1. she kept the same people who had no respect for her or her ability around her and in key positions for too long.....they are willing to sacrifice her this election to vote her out of the presidency for next time;

2. in addition to the above she did not make hay while the sun was shining by using the political capital that she had gained to get her own mandate and select her own cabinet. many persons, of which i was one, saw her as a breath of fresh air who could chart a new course for jamaica...sadly by not calling an election and keeping her former nemises in key positions and not calling an election earlier, she now appears to have gone the way of the "business as usual" crowd which is NOT what the jamaican populace wants. they want change...and right now bruce represents as much a change as they think they are likely to get...love him or hate him!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Exactly! By not calling the elections when she should have, itraises questions about her judgment, which sadly and perhaps unfairly, may transfer to other areas of political life.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

reasonable!

Comment

Gamma she could not clean house when
                    she came in. This would split the party (causing a stiuation akin to Bruce running to form the NDM) and cause a loss if the election was called. Yes the populace knows that there are those in the PNP who are scheming with the opposition to bring about defeat but woe be unto them. This is the first time that Ja will declare its independence and right to self determination. After reading and analyzing I see where she just could not
                    do what you said.

BTW thanks for your reasoned response please take comment and instruct how to give a response within reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                      Gamma she could not clean house when
                      she came in. This would split the party (causing a stiuation akin to Bruce running to form the NDM) and cause a loss if the election was called. Yes the populace knows that there are those in the PNP who are scheming with the opposition to bring about defeat but woe be unto them. This is the first time that Ja will declare its independence and right to self determination. After reading and analyzing I see where she just could not
                      do what you said.

BTW thanks for your reasoned response please take comment and instruct how to give a response within reason.
                      Stop yuh foolishness Jawge. How many PNP MPs are there? If she wanted she could have brought in Ministers via the senate .. suh cut out the idiot argument bout could not clean house.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Does these senators any roots in
                        constituencies? she would lose that early election. Nanny P is no fool and that is why I know Ja would benefit greatly from her leadership.

Comment

i see dk and trevor munro running.....it was poor judgement jawge...and it has cost her.

Comment

Well yuh know how ah feel
                            bout Trev. Is how dem come back into politics? I would say "Trev I know you have good intentions and all but why don't you sit this one out and wait for the second?" One a serious note: I think she was pushed in that direction due to alienation and those two offered frendship and counsel. (how else) Yuh haff some bad apples in the JLP too so how yuh nah call dem. Isn't that poor judgement on Brucie's part also?

BTW mi get a offer fi help design a dress fi misss JA world 2005, yuh haff any suggestions? Juss kidding okay (but I still picture myself taking measurements though)

Comment

yuh clearly not reading or not comprehending......portia display pnp business as usual no freshness...the only option for a fresh view is to give bruce a chance with all his faults...portia get her chance wth all her faults in for me it is not who is better but the lesser of 2 evils.

Comment

but Bruce nuh haffi turn
                                PM fi cut loose his undesirables an him naw dweet. Address dat nuh? Nanny P is the lesser of the two evils.

Comment

Working...
                                X