Many are saying that they were ashamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many are saying that they were ashamed

of the Prime Minister on the night of the debate. How can be ashamed when I see a true refelction of myself and my history? How many of us negroes, descendant of slaves had tradition of family with wealth going down the ages. Most if not all can be traced to humble beginings (circa emancipation). Can we look at Nanny P's time, then look at the school system? We would conclude that she must be gifted to be where she is today. How many of us negroes pointing fingers, have mothers , fathers with top quality education? Okay Nanny P did not get early college education (busy trying to survive) so that she can expertly manipulate words as the sophists did. What I do know and (she said it) was that she is a leader. Do we understand what is political leadership? If it was space programme we were putting together, I would be the first to say Nanny P you are not equipped with the right tools for this one.

Let me ask this question: Didn't Nanny P stood up for the rights of all jakans (JLP &PNP) with total disregard for alienation by her peers? I am yet to see Bruce stand on an issue that is outside of his party's policy.

Can Bruce go to the rural interior of Ja nad say to the Primary school kids; you can be Prime minister just as I did? The kids would murmur an say afta mi nuh haff no soceity fren an mi nuh haff nuh money ah who him a fool?

Now can Nanny P tell our youth that I did so can you? Yes without a doubt and this is the first step to removing mental shackles that bridles our mind.

Nanny P is a symbol of the true Jakan spirit (HARD WORK), how many of us came to the states with nothing and did two jobs, went to school in order to start our business or buy that lovely home? Did anyone give us a free ride here? Why should we neglect self reliance and hard work for freeness. Where in history has it been shown that wealth was just given away to the poor all went well? Why are we allowing ourselves to deceived? It is only through hard work and sacrifice that Ja will be prosperous as a nation. One cannot sit and wealth fall on ones' back. We are now lazy and charlatans have found a way to exploit this laziness.

Because of Joshua's work many of us are allowed in the mainstream, this in turn has caused us to lose focus and think we have arrived. If the mistake is made Monday then we will all see that we had accomplished very little.

I see Parson Stoddart saying that Nanny P is not fit for the job and implicitly implying educational background. Is Stoddard fit to be a pastor and by whose standards? Did Marcus Garvey go to College? Yet the "educated" at the time called him a bufoon. Now these modern day ones are saying Garvey is one of the greatest black thinkers I would tell Stoddard to go tell the people the truth and leave the politics of the state alone. I guess seventy years from now; you will hear ah Nanny P was a great leader and many "intellectuals" telling the youth that how could one not vote for this great leader, madness.
    Last edited by Karl; August 31, 2007, 08:09 AM.

Well said Jawge! I have had the privilege to meet quite a few Jamaican leaders, some just a cursory meeting. I must say with Portia, I have seen and felt an open honesty that makes me proud to be Jamaican.
    Many of us snicker and wink and have this false sense of "stoochness" that has no foundation, has no root....we clamour for what is not ours rather than try to build with what we have.
    You have said it well, lazyness and freeness is what it is about now...jobs for the 'other' boys now...away the woman. Let us see how that will work.

Comment

"Where in history has it been shown that wealth was just given away to the poor all went well?"

Don't forget Cuba.

Blessed

Comment

"How can be ashamed when I see a true refelction of myself.."

What? A clueless bumbling individual? Yuh have a point.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
          Well said Jawge! I have had the privilege to meet quite a few Jamaican leaders, some just a cursory meeting. I must say with Portia, I have seen and felt an open honesty that makes me proud to be Jamaican.
          Many of us snicker and wink and have this false sense of "stoochness" that has no foundation, has no root....we clamour for what is not ours rather than try to build with what we have.
          You have said it well, lazyness and freeness is what it is about now...jobs for the 'other' boys now...away the woman. Let us see how that will work.
          Yuh actually say that with a straight face? When are you going to be honest? Portia may be charming but she has failed to lead the country.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            "Where in history has it been shown that wealth was just given away to the poor all went well?"

Don't forget Cuba.

Blessed
            Was wealth given to the poor in Cuba? ...or, the USSR? ...or, in China at this moment? ...or, any of the Communist countries? ...or, in any country ever on Earth?

I would think not! A sly muderous few or some who did not eschew murder and or dishonesty and or fairness got what they did not with 'good hard work' sew, but rather by force, being among the 'in power' group or the gun take. Given? How?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Wasn't talking politics there....just my gut feeling of the person..haven't met Bruce yet..maybe soon....I was being totally honest...because you don't agree....
              What was the head count this morning? How many more must die? For pointless causes or no cause at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                Wasn't talking politics there....just my gut feeling of the person..haven't met Bruce yet..maybe soon....I was being totally honest...because you don't agree....
                What was the head count this morning? How many more must die? For pointless causes or no cause at all!
                Well you started out agreeing with Jawge. That alone damage yuh argument. Only Brazil football Jawge can talk bout. Anything else is comic relief.

Comment

Boy yu rough dis mawning eh? Don't agree though...Jawge in his own unflappable makes a lot of sense...if you only take time to read the details and let it sink in..before responding. On the question of Brasil....sometimes he goes over the edge..but that is football....some say Ja football better than US. Can you imagine Beckham signing with say Harbour View?

Comment

Respek my brother, I am
                    glad that you can see through the thick smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                      Respek my brother, I am
                      glad that you can see through the thick smoke.
                      one thing bout you ... you know how fi stroke yuh ego. hehehe. S'up Comrade Jawge?

Comment

Mi good man, nuh
                        watch nutten memba mi tell yuh.

Comment

this drivel is just typical.

irrelevant emotive nonsense designed to obscure the fact that Portia just doesn't cut it.

Comment

I know for a fact that she can
                            cut it. Why? Well she beat the odds of colonialsm and poverty to be PM, hence the right person to lead the nation to prosperity (VIA HARD WORK).

I now await your response as to why she cannot. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                              I know for a fact that she can
                              cut it. Why? Well she beat the odds of colonialsm and poverty to be PM, hence the right person to lead the nation to prosperity (VIA HARD WORK).

I now await your response as to why she cannot. Thanks in advance.
                              That is not a substantive reason for anyone to be PM. Didn't Bruce beat the odds of colonialism and poverty? What difference is there therfore between them in that respect? By your flawed logic, he is also the right person "to lead the nation to prosperity (VIA HARD WORK)." LOL!

Emotive issues are irrelevant. (and stupid)

Comment

Working...
                              X