No announcement yet.

Those who dont live here or pay taxes here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

juck me enough? WHEN, with your fraudulent information and rubbish you kleep posting that you cnat verify?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
      I'm laughing - is the consensus that a Jamaican living outside of Jamaica should not vote because he/she has citizenship elsewhere - because that person " run whey" from the country?

But on the other hand, mi notice that when one of the "run whey" Jamaicans do well in foreign - even if them run whey at age 2, we embrace them, nice up and print a story e.g. 'Jamaican born pilot flies around the world solo."

... and they wany my little trupance too...perhaps the goverment should pass a law banning all Jamaicans like me who run wey from owning property, have a bank account etc.
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Yuh mean only the wealthy should be allowed to vote?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You don't expect what? Clearly, my mind is still undecided on the topic!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            juck me enough? WHEN, with your fraudulent information and rubbish you kleep posting that you cnat verify?
            When have I ever...
            ...the little error calling Burrell's "statement of achievements" a "manifesto" has led you to this gross generalisation?

Cho man, sickko...tek yuh licks like a big man!

...and, my comments above were directed at my sitting on the sidelines watching you attempt to fend off comments and at times answer some of the questions...which questions incidently included my two jucks at yuh.

So after watching the ride...I came to admit that on this, I agree with you...although, I am thinking there should be some provision - (and this runs counter to my stance as say, Senators also could not by my reasoning enter the House) - for 'brain input' from Jamaicans through representatives...impartial input...at some of the decision making levels in government.

My friend Westman,for example, could share his expertise in Water Management...and, certainly at policy levels/formulation of policy levels.
            Last edited by Karl; August 20, 2007, 11:18 PM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Yuh mean only the wealthy should be allowed to vote?
              LoL,

So its is OK to discriminate based on residency, but not on the basi of solvency (wealth is an exaggeration based on the amounts in question).

Tell me, SHOULD only the wealthy go to school (cost sharing)? Oh, I forgot, the GOVT WILL HELP WITH TUITION....BUT THERE IS BUS FARE, UNIFORMS AND BOOKS...

In the same way the Govt can waive the fee to "numarate" if a diaspora member can prove that they cant afford it.

Comment

sickko.. iz wha wrand wid yuh... wha kinda statement that... cant agree with you on that shallow argument...

what about people who don't live in jamaica but own property and pay taxes, should they have more right to vote than the people who live abroad but dont directly pay taxes because they dont own property but still contribute to the economy through remittances...

raise the level sickko...
                'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Good to have you back boss but no unnu cant have unno cake and eat it too...trust me I have raised this subject with manny many many jamaicans at all levels and most if not all, completely agree with me on this...
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

how many of those were living abroad?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                    X