Hurricane Dean heading for Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Dean heading for Jamaica

Jamaica should be affected by the weather system by Sunday...PM calls emergency meeting of emergency preparedness committe Friday morning...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

I was watching Dean with bated breath; even tho' I'm in Trinidad which lies south of the tracks that the vast majority of storms take, I have to be concerned as I'm presently changing my roof.

Hope it bypasses the island... if it lick yuh tink it would affect elections?

pr
    Peter R

Comment

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The Hurricane Center is forecasting Dean will head toward the Yucatan Peninsula on a track similar to that taken by Hurricane Gilbert. In 1988, the massive storm killed 319 people and caused roughly $5.5 billion in damage.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well it wi reach mi before it reach unnuh....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is it heading your side?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo, So if the hurricane hits Jamaica (and let's hope it doesn't) what would the impact be on the elections?

pr
              Peter R

Comment

one side would claim that is because of pnp wickedness and the other would claim that is a message as to what jlp would do to the country.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Depends on how bad it hits. If we don't have electricity for days (election is only 10 days away) then the GG can postpone it for 30 days. Of course, we are all hoping that that doesn't happen.

On the other hand, it might be an opportunity for Portia and the PNP to win some support if they deal with the aftermath in a positive way.

It don't look good right now. It is scheduled for a midday hit or just south of Jamaica and it might be a Cat. 4 when it does visit. Gilbert was a 3. Dean has decided to follow Gilbert's track right now. Maybe Herro Blair can say a prayer for us again and push the storm south of Jamaica.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Latest on the hurricane. It's now heading dead on.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and we are now out of the woods......the man who change the course of the hurricane last time, zekes, is now behind bars ...who then will stand on the kingston harbour and tell Dean fi "SSSSSSSSeckle!"?

Comment

Peter-R...sweat on! Come down!

Comment

Mama P?

Comment

Where is the Prophet Phinn when you need him?
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Latest on the hurricane. It's now heading dead on.

Lord may it mek a right turn fi outta di Hat-lan-tic! Hah big right turn Lord...suh hit mis Fla-ree-da!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X