I cant believe this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    It aids the PNP by making all the people understand that the JLP is not promising much more than what currently holds...certainly at the very least in the short-term.

That is why Portia, in my opinon, should have highlighted what has been accomplished during the last 18 years...and, how staying the course on expanding reach...and, improving delivery of services was a natural continuation on the course.

I'll also say this, Bruce did not nearly use the mode of the people i.e. dissatisfaction with "rate of progress" to 'blow' Mrs Simpson-Miller out of the water. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for him to lower the hammer. Instead I think at times he was close to being rude and missed opportunities to play on areas of weakness by Mrs. Simpson-Miller.

In fact, I think both debaters spent too much time praising the other's programs. Time I think could have been better spent promoting their own programs.

Portia did not do badly. She may also have connected with better with the masses.
    Sorry Karl,

I was an embarassing blowout. Anyway you take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      Sorry Karl,

I was an embarassing blowout. Anyway you take it.
      Sorry Willi while you were posting I was busy editing my post. I would not be surprised if some comments by Bruce are not in a new PNP ad tomorrow. - Perhaps, I should have said, I will be surprised if some of Bruce's comments are not in a new PNP ad being aired tomorrow morning!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well, count me out of "the masses".

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Well, count me out of "the masses".
          ...ok! Change to the 'majority of the voters'
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well, if the majority of the voters thought that she connected with them, good for them. She disconnected with me!

Thank goodness, two Rasta parties are running, hopefully in my constituency.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hahahahahahahah.

Too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Well, if the majority of the voters thought that she connected with them, good for them. She disconnected with me!

Thank goodness, two Rasta parties are running, hopefully in my constituency.
                Damn yuh back with not one...but, two Rasta parties?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Bruce is the better debater, that is not in doubt. Bruce is also more comfortable with the range of topics. Buce also has the ammunition as the entire country is impatient where "rate of progress" is concerned.

...but, he by his answers is making it clear that excepting for his removal of education fees - (By the way how far is he going with that? Secondary schools through to the various vocational institutions and colleges through to the various universities?) - and his 'free health services' he is not promising any other immediate quick solutions.
                  He never has promised immediate solutions to anything except school fees, hospital fees and certain constitutional changes. To say otherwise is being simpleminded or disingenuous. However, since now that it has been clarified Karl, you can drop what was never a serious argument.

Comment

It sounds to me as if we have another Boxhill in the making, only this time it will be running the country!
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                      It sounds to me as if we have another Boxhill in the making, only this time it will be running the country!
                      Tilla?
                      I would not expect you to disrespect the next PM...
                      ..."it"?

BTW - Why do you think the next PM will be a one-term PM?

Comment

Working...
                      X