Suh what? None of the cheerleaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suh what? None of the cheerleaders

nuh have nothing fi say bout the PNP manifesto? Is it true that the PNP cancelled the press conference to discuss their manifesto?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Lazie, None of these manifestos mean ady@mn ting. Political parties can and will write, say, promise anything they feel the voters want to hear. An dedy@m fool fool voters (many) lap it up. Political parties in JA have been offering "deliverance" since when? And what do we have today?

I am very cynical when it comes to politics... there should be an additional candidate on the ballots "none of the above".

pr
    Peter R

Comment

Lazie bawn yessiday

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        Lazie, None of these manifestos mean ady@mn ting. Political parties can and will write, say, promise anything they feel the voters want to hear. An dedy@m fool fool voters (many) lap it up. Political parties in JA have been offering "deliverance" since when? And what do we have today?

I am very cynical when it comes to politics... there should be an additional candidate on the ballots "none of the above".

pr
        The PNP certainly has dragged down expectation from politicians SEVERAL rungs.

If the PNP never won in 1972 and 1989, Jamaica would be a different country today... unrecognizeable.

Suh it guh... at least we have Asafa Powell...

Comment

pr

Both parties put forward what they intend to do if they're elected. For the past 18 years the gov't has ignored what they intended to do and the reward is ..... vote fi dem again.

If the JLP is elected and they divert from their plans, vote dem out next election. None of the above? Well at one point I was all for anarchy ... but the past 18 years was very close to it suh ... nuh bother wid it.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

As a voter it feels like the choice is voting for "evil" and "lesser evil" (and hoping that at least some of the promises might be implemented), rather than a party 'of substance' that can deliver.

Anarchy is not a solution but in many respects it feels like that already.

pr
            Peter R

Comment

As a voter it feels like the choice is voting for "evil" and "lesser evil" (and hoping that at least some of the promises might be implemented), rather than a party 'of substance' that can deliver.

Anarchy is not a solution but in many respects it feels like that already.

pr
              voting for "evil" and "lesser evil"

Peter R ... with all due respect bredren I see that as an excuse. Let me guess, the lesser evil is the PNP? Is today funny Friday? Why is it many countries have 2 main political parties and those countries progress? Our problem is for 18 year we been electing idiots then begging God fi give them knowledge.

Why is it that an evil JLP was able to grow our economy by more that 5%, something the PNP is yet to achieve on their own, provide 25,000 jobs etc? How is it that under a JLP gov't our HDI ranking was 74 and under the lesser evil we've dropped to 104?

We're at the cross roads bredren, yuh have 2 choices .... the path of recovery with the JLP or not changing course with the PNP.

Comment

My opinion of manifestos have been made public a long time ago, then again I am sure you were not referring to me as a cheer leader
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  voting for "evil" and "lesser evil"

Peter R ... with all due respect bredren I see that as an excuse. Let me guess, the lesser evil is the PNP? Is today funny Friday? Why is it many countries have 2 main political parties and those countries progress? Our problem is for 18 year we been electing idiots then begging God fi give them knowledge.

Why is it that an evil JLP was able to grow our economy by more that 5%, something the PNP is yet to achieve on their own, provide 25,000 jobs etc? How is it that under a JLP gov't our HDI ranking was 74 and under the lesser evil we've dropped to 104?

We're at the cross roads bredren, yuh have 2 choices .... the path of recovery with the JLP or not changing course with the PNP.
                  Some will say the JLP grew the economy but increased the %age numbers in poverty?
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                    My opinion of manifestos have been made public a long time ago, then again I am sure you were not referring to me as a cheer leader
                    To quote Mosiah, Heh heh! What yuh say di odda day bout when yuh fling stone inna hog pen? HA!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Some will say the JLP grew the economy but increased the %age numbers in poverty?
                      Who? The unthinking people that look for any reason to vote PNP?

Comment

You can call me anything as long as you dont call me a Labourite....ha ha ha
                        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          Do you have a brain ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                            You can call me anything as long as you dont call me a Labourite....ha ha ha
                            Yuh prefer comrade ?

Comment

At this time the PNP obviously would prefer limited media discussions outside of the formal debates.
                              After the debates complete access to PNP spokespersons will be given.

It appears that at this time not joining in the discussions except in a very limited manner -
                              i) gives away none of or keeps many of the PM's talking points - i.e. no added help for Bruce here;

ii) does not aid the other side' preparation for the public debates that are now ongoing;

iii) shall gain the PNP good media coverage after the formal debates;

iv) aid getting the PNP's message across to the Jamaican people (all Jamaica loves the engagement a debate brings);

v) the above "i" through "iv" - helps the PNP to present a serious front on its approach to the matter of solving Jamaica's ills and attempts to move the country towards "1st World status"...even as,

vi) it aids closing the exposure gap which the JLP money has created in number of (paid) ads aired....i.e. the PNP is aiming that one outcome will be massive free exposure on/of their plans and objects.

Will the PNP reap all...that we shall see?
                              Last edited by Karl; August 11, 2007, 09:28 AM.
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X