Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwhelming appetite for UBTR

KLE upbeat as London restaurant forced to implement reservation system

Gary Matalon, CEO of the KLE Group, which operates the Tracks & Records restaurants co-branded with partner Usain Bolt, is more upbeat about the franchise, based on better than expected sales at the first foreign casual diner now operating in London.

Matalon partly ascribed the reception to the latest UBTR restaurant to the power of brand Jamaica.

"Right now if you want a table in there you have to wait a couple of weeks. That is the level of demand," Matalon told shareholders at KLE's annual general meeting in Kingston on Tuesday. "We expected it to be well received but I don't think any of us expected or appreciated the power of Jamaica in those international markets."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/b...rced-implement
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I remember the argument that Bolt Resort couldn't work. With the right people behind him and the proper concept Bolt will sell.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you ever been to UBTR? it ain't working

Comment

Things could very well have changed since my days of association with the Matalon, but my guess is they are still business savvy as from back then.What certainly is missing is the astute Joseph Shoucair(sp).
        They never do anything based on short term gains, keep a close eye on that venture, Bricktop.

Comment

Are you referring to a specific location because the article re the London franchise suggests everything other than it’s not working

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
          X