Sounds as if the AG is bumbling this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds as if the AG is bumbling this

NIDs hearing. Andrew may need to find a new AG.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

let us wait for the judgement...the temperament of the justices during proceedings is not an indication of how they will rule...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
      let us wait for the judgement...the temperament of the justices during proceedings is not an indication of how they will rule...
      Generally you would be right, but based on the various reports, it appears she bundled the case.

Anyways, the PNP has once again proven that they are the anchor that is preventing JA from moving forward.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

based on reports...remember this thing has huge privacy rights issues associated with it so this push back was expected...and they have precedent from other democratic nations on their side..the bill itself will pass but they're probably going to have to modify parts of it...it most likely won't be mandatory but you're going to face significant delays in doing anything without it...

Comment

The fact is most organized countries have some form of national ID that has to be presented for government service or to law enforcement when needed to identify an individual. The worst I think they can do is rewrite some section of this.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes..but this is not only a national id..it goes further...biometrics & storage of biometrics & the possible storing of DNA plus it is mandatory...it has huge privacy issues...the same system has been rejected in UK & USA because of right to privacy

Comment

She’s been exposed is all I will say about that

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

She’s been exposed is all I will say about that

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I am not partisan and as a layman I believe the concerns of the three justice are spot on. I think the AG was unprepared or trivial in her answers to some of the questions. It is unfortunate that what should be done in parliament is being done in courts where the courts can only send it back to get done and then then that removes any impetus of the opposition to cooperate.

Comment

You holding back

Comment

Is it asking too much that we actually become a first world nation before bestowing on ourselves things that are indicative of such nations?
                      There is nothing proactive about this venture, and it snarls everyone into the web of our immoral Govt.
                      Seems like a cosmetic fix to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X