Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like I have to start copyright my tourism arguments

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...ools-september
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...ourism-bonanza

As mi say last week, 21 century tourism different from banana tourism.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

“Airbnb, a web-based directory of bed and breakfast-type vacation properties”. Isn’t that rooted in STEM? What a synergy. A very learned and very vocal poster here implies that that STEM and Tourism cannot coexist. He says Tourism is a low skilled industry which doesn’t add much value to Jamaica’s development.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

All STEM,glad yuh seeit SASS.! NY is the financial,one of the stem capitals along with a tourist Mecca,I don't see how you can separate it Sass , from being the engine to drive the economy esp when the STEM sector of tourism are the highest earners ?

Husssssssssh,yuh a try come sideways,I will let you in.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

why you calling my name? Where have I ever state that technology isn't a part of tourism? Technology enable tourism and tourism enable technology. I stated that that tourism doesn't just employ low end employees but a lot of technologist, engineering, accountants, managers and professionals. You join the crew that talking crap that tourism is low and dead end jobs. The record is there to show, You come like Trump and his tweets.

How do you separate the stem sector as the high earner. I asked you again about medical tourism, which is a mixture of stem, traditional taking care of people, and remedy from old time source. Eco tourism and cultural tourism which can be higher earners but not necessarily technology based. The fact is we need a mixture. Tourism will also help INVESTMENT in STEM. If run right will help our manufacturing and agriculture by providing market as we have 5 million more possible clients on top of our 2.5 that resides on the island.

Stop your one track thinking.
          Last edited by Assasin; April 12, 2018, 06:36 AM.

Comment

"Reid underscored that the tourism investment in training was not final, urging the graduates to seek to move from being a supervisor to a manager, then on to being a general manager and ultimately to become owner of a hotel or an attraction."

Comment

I keep calling yuh name because you keep presenting and trying to separate in sections i.e high/ low earners where STEM the/ Robotics is a part of it! but not the engine of it.

As usual yuh coming sideways,in some adhack chopped up thinking. The infrastructure for what you are calling low skilled - high earners i.e eco tourism is supported by roads,buildings communication,banking,import and export of goods plus medical care is driven by STEM.IT IS NOT A PART BUT THE ENGINE of tourism ,that pays the most.

It is that engine which will drive every facet of our economy in the 21st century as the highest earners,( if we can capitalise on it) Not just sand in the beach,eco likkle man open the door,spread yuh bed and cook yuh food,sell yuh trinkets,all incluse/ airbnb.We have an abundance of that for the past 50 years which have given us on average a 1% growth.

Yuh see mi Sass ?
              Last edited by Sir X; April 12, 2018, 08:26 AM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It's is not a part,yuh need fi say STEM/Robotics will be the engine,the highest earners linked to the hip covers all facets- Then present yuh eco ,pier,handcraf tourism,blah,blah,blah.arguemt

Comment

From experience...those who work in customer service industries cannot be regarded as low skill............

The ability to work with the public...that have a wide range of requirements-- take very special skill sets. Not everyone can do it.
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I see you. This show you know nothing about tourism or even STEM. You just making up argument as you go along.

Comment

This is what is called low end.

This includes: 75 Certified Hospitality Supervisors from the JCTI Pilot; 13 lecturers and 12 students with Certification in Hospitality Analytics ; 11 candidates who completed ACF certification; and two ACF Certified Executive Chefs who received certification as Certified Evaluators; and 50 Certified Hospitality Supervisors from the Centre of Occupational Studies Programme. Additionally three executive chefs were facilitated with certification.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...1?profile=1056

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                        “Airbnb, a web-based directory of bed and breakfast-type vacation properties”. Isn’t that rooted in STEM? What a synergy. A very learned and very vocal poster here implies that that STEM and Tourism cannot coexist. He says Tourism is a low skilled industry which doesn’t add much value to Jamaica’s development.
                        This is clearly a dig at D1... ok

Jangle I know you to be a smart guy from your posts over the years. On this issue you seem to be a dimwit or even a dummy. Either that or you're trying to be deliberately contentious.

You continue to mis-characterize my position on tourism and scitech. This despite my many meticulous explanations.

If you still make erroneous statements without as yet understanding my position it means to me that you're indeed a dummy.

My patience with dummies is not endless...memba mi tole yuh dat
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yet another dummy who doesn't understand the argument

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            This is what is called low end.

This includes: 75 Certified Hospitality Supervisors from the JCTI Pilot; 13 lecturers and 12 students with Certification in Hospitality Analytics ; 11 candidates who completed ACF certification; and two ACF Certified Executive Chefs who received certification as Certified Evaluators; and 50 Certified Hospitality Supervisors from the Centre of Occupational Studies Programme. Additionally three executive chefs were facilitated with certification.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...1?profile=1056
                            Do you know how to do data or statistical analysis?? You are an economics tutor (by your own account) so you should have some competence in the field.

Merely stating some job titles with a few people attached to them proves nothing...except to dummies

If you want to prove your case what's needed is macro-analysis....you offer micro which is relatively meaningless...except to dummies

What you need to prove your case (in case you don't understand macro vs micro) is the total number of jobs directly related to tourism - categorized by type. Then an analysis of the segregated job types

Anything else is ignorant yappin....except to dummies.

Comment

"Do you know how to do data or statistical analysis?? You are an economics tutor (by your own account) so you should have some competence in the field."

What this have to do with anything???? These people are certified by recognized institution. Just love chat crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X