Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP pours cold water on JLP Election Manifesto

PNP pours cold water on JLP Election Manifesto

The People's National Party (PNP) has launched a stinging attack on the Jamaica Labour Party's (JLP) Election Manifesto describing it as a sham and a copy of the Government's policies and programmes.

According to PNP General Secretary Donald Buchanan the Manifesto is filled with grand promises which cannot be achieved.

In addition, he estimates that it will cost the country more than $60 billion to implement most of the proposed plans and policies.

And the JLP is insisting that the contents of its Election Manifesto are achievable.

General Secretary Karl Samuda says the Party has also been receiving positive feedback from the public to the plans and policies it intends to pursue if it forms the next Government.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

well its better to have a plan than none.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      PNP pours cold water on JLP Election Manifesto

The People's National Party (PNP) has launched a stinging attack on the Jamaica Labour Party's (JLP) Election Manifesto describing it as a sham and a copy of the Government's policies and programmes.

According to PNP General Secretary Donald Buchanan the Manifesto is filled with grand promises which cannot be achieved.
      Ooooh - Oooooh!
      Weird to claim it is a copy of the Government policies and then claim "cannot be achieved"!

Once more - Ooooh - Ooooooh!

In addition, he estimates that it will cost the country more than $60 billion to implement most of the proposed plans and policies.

That 60 billion is an understatement!
      I am thinking that all the promises Brucie has made run in the order of 300 billion....US dollars! yup - U$!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Hahahahahaha

A copy?? Then how come the manifesto nuh reddy yet.

The cost will be astronomical yes, but what is the time frame?? That is the key.

People are jaded and dont expect any miracles overnight. They just want to see sound intentions and an honest effeort in the right direction.

See, even if progress is as slow as during the last 18 years, people would not mind too much if all had to sacrifice, etc. However, to see politicians feathering their own nests and living high on the hog, while the country went to pot. That is just too insulting.

Pity people did not wake up before.

Recall the furniture scandal from 1989. Ben Clare etc living it up on taxpayer money?

Tell me, how did some of these govt people get so obviously wealthy when they are professional politicians who never had any outside source of income?

Comment

if the people did act from the furniture scandal Jamaica wouldn't be in this position
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Ooooh - Oooooh!
            Weird to claim it is a copy of the Government policies and then claim "cannot be achieved"!

Once more - Ooooh - Ooooooh!

[/B]

That 60 billion is an understatement!
            I am thinking that all the promises Brucie has made run in the order of 300 billion....US dollars! yup - U$!
            300 Billion US Dollars ?

Why do you post such inane statements.. and what's worse start it off with "I am thinking.."

I don't know WHAT you are doing, but it has nothing to do with THINKING. If you applied even an iota of rational thought to the matter you would not have posted such a galactically STUPID statement.

At the present rate it would take 65 years for the Govt to spend that money.

300 Billion could probably buy ALL the real-estate which exists in Caricom.

Is suh one Manifesto tun unnuh inna eediat ?
            Last edited by Muadib; August 3, 2007, 09:44 PM.

Comment

so is mr buchanan admitting that the gov't policies and programmes cannot be achieved?

(PNP) has launched a stinging attack on the Jamaica Labour Party's (JLP) Election Manifesto describing it as a sham and a copy of the Government's policies and programmes. According to PNP General Secretary Donald Buchanan the Manifesto is filled with grand promises which cannot be achieved

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                Hahahahahaha

A copy?? Then how come the manifesto nuh reddy yet.

The cost will be astronomical yes, but what is the time frame?? That is the key.

People are jaded and dont expect any miracles overnight. They just want to see sound intentions and an honest effeort in the right direction.

See, even if progress is as slow as during the last 18 years, people would not mind too much if all had to sacrifice, etc. However, to see politicians feathering their own nests and living high on the hog, while the country went to pot. That is just too insulting.

Pity people did not wake up before.

Recall the furniture scandal from 1989. Ben Clare etc living it up on taxpayer money?

Tell me, how did some of these govt people get so obviously wealthy when they are professional politicians who never had any outside source of income?
                Some have 'outside sources' and some have outside sources. It is obvious that many in the society are on the 'under-the-table take'. Politicians and those within the police force are those whose sudden attainment of wealth is most obvious to the 'man in the streets'...but, various civil servants in Customs, Communications and Works...purchasers at the Department that does purchasing (I knew when it was situated in Vineyard Town) sudden shot to 'big shot' status.

At the Parish Council level Superintendents, secretaries, purchasing agents and engineers often became wealthy overnight... as they rode on the backs of favoured 'contractors'.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                  300 Billion US Dollars ?

Why do you post such inane statements.. and what's worse start it off with "I am thinking.."

I don't know WHAT you are doing, but it has nothing to do with THINKING. If you applied even an iota of rational thought to the matter you would not have posted such a galactically STUPID statement.

At the present rate it would take 65 years for the Govt to spend that money.

300 Billion could probably buy ALL the real-estate which exists in Caricom.

Is suh one Manifesto tun unnuh inna eediat ?
                  Why don't you go through as many Ministries as you can...look at what is needed (...or, what we would desire) of improved water supply, sewage systems for the vast...tremendous areas without sewage disposal systems and those needing upgrading, feeder and main roads, realignment of/re-gentrification of towns and areas in towns, housing...etc. and make a reasoned guess at what it would take to move us into 1st world status?

Certainly "the present rate" ..."it would take 65 years" is not what the people would consider reasonable "rate of progress". The cry is 'everything' now...and, taking into account what Brucie is promising...then under the JLP that shall happen. Right?

It is 1st world status we are judging the present state of affairs against...right? Isn't it that which we want...each and every area transformed? Is that not what Brucie is promising?

If that is not what Brucie and his merry men, including you, are promising...my bad!
                  Last edited by Karl; August 4, 2007, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Why don't you go through as many Ministries as you can...look at what is needed (...or, what we would desire) of improved water supply, sewage systems for the vast...tremendous areas without sewage disposal systems and those needing upgrading, feeder and main roads, realignment of/re-gentrification of towns and areas in towns, housing...etc. and make a reasoned guess at what it would take to move us into 1st world status?

Certainly "the present rate" ..."it would take 65 years" is not what the people would consider reasonable "rate of progress". The cry is 'everything' now...and, taking into account what Brucie is promising...then under the JLP that shall happen. Right?

It is 1st world status we are judging the present state of affairs against...right? Isn't it that which we want...each and every area transformed? Is that not what Brucie is promising?

If that is not what Brucie and his merry men, including you, are promising...my bad!
                    Your tactics are juvenile.

Desperation perhaps.

I see you are probably not used to intercourse with intelligent people.

Willi owes me an apology.

Comment

So if it takes 300 Billion to get to First World Status (not sure where the Manifesto addresses this) how do you propose the PNP are going to deliver on this promise in the time period they have indicated ?

I have never heard anyone in the JLP speak about or indicated a time period to achieve First World Status.. that has been the PNP's mantra.. I am glad you are now putting a figure to that.. 300 Billion US.. where do the PNP propose to get this money ?

Comment

Working...
                      X