Went to a JLP mass rally in sav last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to a JLP mass rally in sav last night

One thing I can say the Labourite girls in Sav look much better than the Camrade girls, one of the perks of these motorcades...

Lazie, Bruce better get two dancing lessons quick...sadly 15 minutes into his speech I saw members of the platform party yawning and nodding off, I can email you pictures if you so desire..we not talking about charisma or lack of it here we talking flat out boring, Bruce lacks a sence of occasion, you cant go to mass rally with imported crowd and start talking policies, dem nuh come there for that, dem come for the passa passa and jump up...like when McKenzie say Roger Clarke is not fit to be raped; one labourite on the stage went too far saying if Roger wants to rape him have a woman who is sitting nest to him in St bess...ahh but par for the dirty course in politics silly season

Bruce should learn from the man who said that after 18 years the PNP is now big pickney and must leave him family house and go look work and support themsleves...that is what the crowd wants to hear

I swear to you and I am not a man who swears easily ten minutes into his delivery the packed Indepence park was half empty people start walking out, maybe they had to go to work the next day but it wa sstill not quite 10pm yet or they had to travel back to the far places they came from.

Say all you can and all the spinning you can but our political motorcade culture is not the place to make policy statements...Maybe Bruce need to stick to his Santa Clause routine and come with bag of promises or people will get hurt by falling off their seats during his speeches.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    One thing I can say the Labourite girls in Sav look much better than the Camrade girls, one of the perks of these motorcades...

Lazie, Bruce better get two dancing lessons quick...sadly 15 minutes into his speech I saw members of the platform party yawning and nodding off, I can email you pictures if you so desire..we not talking about charisma or lack of it here we talking flat out boring, Bruce lacks a sence of occasion, you cant go to mass rally with imported crowd and start talking policies, dem nuh come there for that, dem come for the passa passa and jump up...like when McKenzie say Roger Clarke is not fit to be raped; one labourite on the stage went too far saying if Roger wants to rape him have a woman who is sitting nest to him in St bess...ahh but par for the dirty course in politics silly season

Bruce should learn from the man who said that after 18 years the PNP is now big pickney and must leave him family house and go look work and support themsleves...that is what the crowd wants to hear

I swear to you and I am not a man who swears easily ten minutes into his delivery the packed Indepence park was half empty people start walking out, maybe they had to go to work the next day but it wa sstill not quite 10pm yet or they had to travel back to the far places they came from.

Say all you can and all the spinning you can but our political motorcade culture is not the place to make policy statements...Maybe Bruce need to stick to his Santa Clause routine and come with bag of promises or people will get hurt by falling off their seats during his speeches.
    Were you there to be entertained or to hear about policy changes ?

Comment

What he must do is reduce the silly mass rallying and concentrate on emitting well considered policies (not the national ID nonsense, or the fixed election date irrelevance)in the appropriate fora.

He needs to be sending the messge out that Jamaica as a whole can, should and will do better.

Enough of the curry goat politics, we need to grow up.

When there are public occasions to speak like in rallies, he should put forward the more graceful speakers and confine his oratory to short, sweet and punchy utterances. That much is clear. Portia is the better public speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        Our present political culture is all about cheap entertainment. It is carnival for gunmen...free food, free transport (cross island cruise), free Intatainment, free reign fi shot a bwoy, free money fi nutten, nuff gyal, nuff music and dancing. Gosh, I am sure the wish for elections every MONTH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
          What he must do is reduce the silly mass rallying and concentrate on emitting well considered policies (not the national ID nonsense, or the fixed election date irrelevance)in the appropriate fora.

He needs to be sending the messge out that Jamaica as a whole can, should and will do better.

Enough of the curry goat politics, we need to grow up.

When there are public occasions to speak like in rallies, he should put forward the more graceful speakers and confine his oratory to short, sweet and punchy utterances. That much is clear. Portia is the better public speaker.
          Portia is the better public speaker ?.. for whose ears ?

Wait till the debates... LOL !

Comment

Ben,

Sickko is correct. He is calling it as he sees it. Constructive criticism in my books.

Comment

Portia is the better public speaker ?.. for whose ears ?

Wait till the debates... LOL !
              Didn't say debater...I said public speaker. I mean open forum, on stage, mass rally. Glibness matters then.

Comment

See .. unuh cuss the man that him not discussing the issues yet when he does, "you cant go to mass rally with imported crowd and start talking policies, dem nuh come there for that, dem come for the passa passa and jump up!"

No wonder we've had a poppyshow gov't for 18 years. I for one would like to see an end of these damn rallies and a more civil townhall like meeting. The man is boring because him talking about the issues .... I bet if him did say bangarang we'd be hearing something different this morning? (not from you ... generally)
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Town hall meeting is the way to go.

Much more fostering of democracy.

Comment

Ben,

Sickko is correct. He is calling it as he sees it. Constructive criticism in my books.
                    Siccko has offered some criticisms.

What specifically is he 'correct' about ?

I am more interested in what HE was hoping to take away from the event.

Comment

Correct in that the rabble didn't want to hear policies. The want cheap INTAtainment. Thus, either U pander to the lowest common multiple, or U cut out the foolish and wasteful (and I think ineffective) rallies.

Comment

Didn't say debater...I said public speaker. I mean open forum, on stage, mass rally. Glibness matters then.
                        Is this a competition for best 'Vibes Master' ?

Manley was the best there was.. excellent puppeteer.. massive defeat in 80..at some point the jig is up and a bright smile aint gonna cut it...

Is the PNP banking on Portia 'Charisma' to win this election ?

If so they have a rude awakening around the corner...

Comment

Correct in that the rabble didn't want to hear policies. The want cheap INTAtainment. Thus, either U pander to the lowest common multiple, or U cut out the foolish and wasteful (and I think ineffective) rallies.
                          You are assuming honest and objective reporting...

Comment

Maudib: In my time on political election travels the main speaker must have both stuff to entertain and soundbites on policy.

We know...all the people know, contrary to what the present day 'look down their noses at us' JLP adherents think...all the people know full explanations on policy cannot be given in any 20 minute or for that matter 10 hour speech. So give us fun and entertainment and policy soundbites. Give us occasion to laugh at our opponents and sometimes ourselves...but, make damn sure you have policy soundbites that tomorrow we can think on.

How Busta's JLP has morphed into this sorry bunch who walk around with their 'heads in the air' either 'straight up' or under their breath calling the people fools and really believing that...is nothing short of amazing? Have you really noticed our JLP brothers and sisters calling each and everyone who does not believe in voting JLP - asses?

In their 'land' there is no place for disenting voices! Dare question and or disagree and the people are immediately branded fools!...yet they expect 'the fools' to vote them in? Amazing?!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Suh what yuh saying KArl ... unuh want bits like, "If unuh not voting for Comrrade Simpson Miller ... unuh tan a unuh yaad!"

Ah say it all the while .... we need fi change our motto to "One fool lead many!"
                              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                              X