• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Trump's tax reform passes....

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

..is there an actual plan?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

...well, at the current rate, anything lower will be a big bonus.

I am 'specially interested in the lowering of taxes on business.

Payroll tax, property tax, 'sales tax', federal unemployment tax, state unemployment tax, social security/medicare tax.....the list goes on Lazie.

There are some special interest that need the tax code to be as is. They get filthy rich from it. H&R Block and other Tax establishments, Tax attorneys...all feed at the trough.

This is the reason why past administrations cannot reform & pass a lower tax code.

Trump with all his arrogance and badmanship...could get it done.

This is the ONLY issue that he would have my support.

HL

Comment

Tax cut for the rich does not work. Look pon the road infrastructure and other crumbling US infrastructure.

You need smart tax, not tax loop hole for greedy sumbyatches.

Comment

Unlikely that he will be able to get anything substantial done. I expect a typical Republican-type tax cut but not much more.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            ...well, at the current rate, anything lower will be a big bonus.

I am 'specially interested in the lowering of taxes on business.

Payroll tax, property tax, 'sales tax', federal unemployment tax, state unemployment tax, social security/medicare tax.....the list goes on Lazie.

There are some special interest that need the tax code to be as is. They get filthy rich from it. H&R Block and other Tax establishments, Tax attorneys...all feed at the trough.

This is the reason why past administrations cannot reform & pass a lower tax code.

Trump with all his arrogance and badmanship...could get it done.

This is the ONLY issue that he would have my support.
            Agree with you 100%. The clueless and inept Democrats will try to block. This is long overdue.

Comment

you realize that the complex tax system keep a lot of people working?

More than you know.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                you realize that the complex tax system keep a lot of people working?

More than you know.
                Oh yes. The current tax system is a big employer.

Often times..."you have to break down--in order to build up".

HL

Comment

Does it not matter how its done and who Wins and who loses?

How unno can trust dem ya people with their track record is beyond me.

Comment

Willi , i am with you on this.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You read about Brownback and Kansas tax cutting? Building border wall, tax cut and all that military spending will get us in a hole. He may have to cut some popular tax cut that people look forward to a year time and it will not go down so well. All homeowners look forward to getting something back and if he mess with it, and child credit etc it is going to be trouble. Nuff people a talk but tax return is their only savings.

We need some modification but be very mindful of these republicans who think only them pay taxes.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                      X