X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Where are the facts to back that up?
    Facts to back up what ?

All you need to know is a few clicks away. Try it sometime.

Comment

Well, it certainly isn't changing the course of said stream!
      Unless the course was changed prior and you are simply putting it back on course..

We were actually derailed twice.. 1972 and 1989..

Comment

Stay deh joke about racism. Many Caribbean countries have some serious racist habits that are simply accepted by the populace. They can keep their per capita because wi not changing dat course for racial justice and equality in Jamaica. Wi not there yet, but wi not changing course!
        Try get any of my cousins to leave 'rascist' Bermuda fi come back to 'liberated' Jamaica...

Wake up !

Ask Carolyn Gomes bout Jamaica Land We Love..if yuh need an update.

Comment

Me must waste time looking for "facts" that ain't there?! You're madder than I thought!

No wonder you are firmly in Bruce's corner. You both believe in talking crap and people must "run wid it" just so.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Says a lot about your family. Not surprised.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Says a lot about your family. Not surprised.
              Yeah... my family and anneda couple million well.

Stop trying to be profound... face up to REALITY and hope dem nuh build a highway from here to Miami...

Is not everybody is a Don Dada, driving escalade and picking 'jubbie' all day.

Many have to deal with the REALITIES of trying to have a functional family life.. heads up.. down yah suh DYSFUNCTIONAL fi black, brown, white and pink.. it is a SICK society.. so yuh Heroes dem FAIL with dem 'liberation' of di black man...

If yuh nevah know.. now yuh know.

Comment

Me must waste time looking for "facts" that ain't there?! You're madder than I thought!

No wonder you are firmly in Bruce's corner. You both believe in talking crap and people must "run wid it" just so.
                Are you disputing my statements regarding cell-phone penetration in Bermuda and Jamaica ?

If you are, provide evidence contrary.. oddawise yuh nuh have nuh talk.

Is my fault yuh ignorant of certain tings ?

Think not.

Comment

I just wanted to make sure you were saying what I thought you were saying.

ahbwoy we have to change the mentality. Later I will talk to you about that.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    You give a great picture of what potential lies before us...but, your concluding sentence - "...we manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory." - makes it appear you have given up.

My friend, "don't give up the fight"! As you know we have been "poised for a take-off" ..."from wappy kill phillo". One positive...an important positive is, we are still "poised for take-off". What, I think, is needed is not so much a change in the mind-set of the politicians - many appear to not have the will to see us 'take-off' - but, a change in the mind-set of the people. A change to doing for self...forget the thought of an all-powerful entity that some have in their minds...their consciousness...of 'di government'...just each of us, for our part, doing! Would that not cause a change on the part of 'di government'? Would we not then start to turn potential into something tangible? What is this 'di government' if not a collection of 'us' ...the 'us' that make things happen...providing services, using the things around us to make good, better...and, the 'us' are the ones who ultimately decide on/to turn potential into tangible results.

Change the mind-set and FORWARD!
                    Not changing course - FORWARD! Yes, we may take a step to one side or the other...even step-backwards to make going forward easier...but, fixed on moving FORWARD! ...and, picking up the pace as we move FORWARD!
                    Govts are catalysts. Cant absolve them of blame.

Why have them of the people have to do all for themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      Govts are catalysts. Cant absolve them of blame.
                      Agreed!
                      ...but, if you have a a "poor" and or a "do nothing" government should we all throw our hands in the air and follow right along? Until we throw the bums out we must all be doing...right?

Why have them of the people have to do all for themselves?
                      Trust me...in a real sense we have to do all for ourselves. ...and, that all for ourselves is inclusive of, but certainly not limited to, voting persons to parliament or out of parliament.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How can you do for yourself when you plant you coffee and there is no road to carry it go a market?

How can you build a nice guest house inna the hills when there is no road to go there.

How can you do for yourself when you borrow and have to pay back 25% to 30%, if you don't have friend and family a foriegn then dwag nam yuh supper.

How can you do for yourself when if you or your family get sick your savings get wiped out? If they can get the urgent care needed?

You see how long it took you to get papers from the RDG department. You are not alone it took me and others even longer, now imagine if you have an idea and want to do something?

People must not prosper despite government, governmemt must make it easier for people who want to invest and try a thing. We need more entrepreneurs who are given a bly and don't have to invest in government papers for security.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                        X