Lazie, speaking of leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie, speaking of leadership

care to enlighten the rest of us about Bruce Golding's record as a leader.

I will allow you some slack you are free to go as far back as High school cause as a politician he has not achieved squat.

As a great baller once said here on this very forum...thanks in advance for your response.

Feel free to call as many of your friends as you feel I will wait
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

What you need to do is compare Portia's performance to that of Bruce. Wait ... when Trafigura buss what was your position again? Sorry .. you in no position fi question Bruce's leadership skills and integrity.

Just tell we yuh dislike those that wear green and dun .... you not fooling any of us.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

read em and weep...Lazie stop trying to confuse issues we are dealing with..we are talking about Bruce the leader who wants to be Prime Minister and his chances of being that....

Stick to the issues man and stop spinning....the Republicans would love to have you in their war room...apply fi de wuk nuh man, I will write you a recommendation..

Would you believe I have close family members and very good friends who are all Labourites???

*1972- Elected as Member of Parliament for West St Catherine beat Prince Golding 5,184 to 4,291

*1976- Beaten in election in SW St Catherine by Ruddy Lawson 7188 to 5254
      *1983 Won Central St Catherine by default
      *1989 won Central St Catherine seat-beat Vin Edwards 12,062 to 6852
      1997 left to form the NDM
      *1997- Soundly beaten by political neophyte Babsy Grange after being MP for 15 years. 5746 to 3517 (PNP guy 2250)

*2005-Won by-election for West Kingston seat 8503 over Whitter 1181

So in all Bruce won three elections, two in seats where even a dog in green cant lose.

Lets look at the stats a bit here Lazie, Bruce gained a total of 70 votes after being a MP for four years in 1976- Very impressive.

After being MP in Central St Catherine for 15 years his same constituents ran him out of town, certainly he would have done some good in that time or the dunce electorate just bad mind and cant think?

Lets us not forget his running between the JLP and DNM seeking power...he could not wrest power from an aging and increasingly impotent (as a leader) Seaga, so he left to form the NDM. Then realising he would never be the PM there he wormed his way back to the JLP where this time he had a posse of equally power hungry pope like James Robertson etc to help him finally unseat Seaga.

And we wonder why the One Don has kept far from the campaign and his few utterances have done mo to damage the JLP election hopes than to help them.
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

hehehe ... then I wonder why we have idiots as leader. Have you ever questioned how come Portia got 115% of the votes in her constituency? What sign of a great leader? If you suppose to eduated and think suh \.. wha say the other comrades.

So what if Bruce went between the JLP and the NDM? If he had joined the Pimps N Pushers unuh would welcome him don't it? Winston Churchill changed parties and is today remembered as a well respected leader .. idiots in Jamaica follow Chief PoppyShow bouyt trivial stuff. Why is it a sin against Bruce when Bredda Anancy is now a member of the PNP? Yet Mosiah vex when me emphasize that most a unuh a fool.

I don't give a flying fahetah about the trival stuff you come with. We need to focus on moving the country forward. Todate your religious entity has made us the 2nd poorest in the caribbean .... yet because of stupidity, idiots talking bout 5th term.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
          read em and weep...Lazie stop trying to confuse issues we are dealing with..we are talking about Bruce the leader who wants to be Prime Minister and his chances of being that....

Stick to the issues man and stop spinning....the Republicans would love to have you in their war room...apply fi de wuk nuh man, I will write you a recommendation..

Would you believe I have close family members and very good friends who are all Labourites???

*1972- Elected as Member of Parliament for West St Catherine beat Prince Golding 5,184 to 4,291

*1976- Beaten in election in SW St Catherine by Ruddy Lawson 7188 to 5254
          *1983 Won Central St Catherine by default
          *1989 won Central St Catherine seat-beat Vin Edwards 12,062 to 6852
          1997 left to form the NDM
          *1997- Soundly beaten by political neophyte Babsy Grange after being MP for 15 years. 5746 to 3517 (PNP guy 2250)

*2005-Won by-election for West Kingston seat 8503 over Whitter 1181

So in all Bruce won three elections, two in seats where even a dog in green cant lose.

Lets look at the stats a bit here Lazie, Bruce gained a total of 70 votes after being a MP for four years in 1976- Very impressive.

After being MP in Central St Catherine for 15 years his same constituents ran him out of town, certainly he would have done some good in that time or the dunce electorate just bad mind and cant think?

Lets us not forget his running between the JLP and DNM seeking power...he could not wrest power from an aging and increasingly impotent (as a leader) Seaga, so he left to form the NDM. Then realising he would never be the PM there he wormed his way back to the JLP where this time he had a posse of equally power hungry pope like James Robertson etc to help him finally unseat Seaga.

And we wonder why the One Don has kept far from the campaign and his few utterances have done mo to damage the JLP election hopes than to help them.
          Undah di Jail wi a send people.. mek sure yuh clean up.. yuh have 4 weeks.. stay deh ah chat faught..

Comment

that's your riposte?

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Portia is di only one to get more than 100%?

How long yuh leff yard?

Pimps N...di JLP need yuh pon dem campaign. How do you come up with these clever jingles?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Portia is di only one to get more than 100%?

How long yuh leff yard?

Pimps N...di JLP need yuh pon dem campaign. How do you come up with these clever jingles?!
                I actually left on Saturday morning! Whats yuh point?

Comment

This is a nonsense thread. There is no real point to it, just people scring cheap, irrelevant points.

Frankly, neither Bruce nor Portia have compelling records in the leadership department. Portia perhpas worse, as her unbroken repr. is in a derelict consitituency and after 18 years as a Minister, there aint much to show.

Frankly, its sad that these 2 are the best we have to offer, but I also see many worse in Jamaican politics.

Comment

Ha ha ha..this is not to condemn illegal votes but it wa snot quite 115% Lazie, it was 105% but who wa sit that used to steal ballott boxes and jump fences..both parties do it or at least used to do it, youi mek it sound like seh is just one side that is corrupt...but I understand you have to add to things like the 25,00 houses that suddenly dissappear
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

I disagree that these are the best we have to offer, just like in football, the leadership aspirants leave a lot to be desired...I am sure in the 2.7 million we have and in the ider Diaspora there are many othgers better equipped to lead.

Non sense post or not these are the facts and you cnat argue against hard fact and numbers boss, will make you look stupid...
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

I disagree that these are the best we have to offer, just like in football, the leadership aspirants leave a lot to be desired...I am sure in the 2.7 million we have and in the ider Diaspora there are many othgers better equipped to lead.

Non sense post or not these are the facts and you cnat argue against hard fact and numbers boss, will make you look stupid...
                        It is a nonsense post since it serves no purpose.

The question is not if Bruce Golding is 'great' leader.. the question is if he is a better leader than the opponent.

You have some choices presented.. moaning about the lack of 'quality' is pointless if one is not able to employ critical thinking to select the best choice..

Comment

Sarcasm was the thing Sickko..you missed that. Clearly, they are not the best.

Facts? There are many, cant start to pick and gerrymander them.

Both aspirants have nuff skeletons in the closet and neither has a glowing leadership resume. Those are the only facts that matter to me.

I think change is the only viable option open to us now, but I am wary about Bruce and his tendencies to South American style of governance and his intemperate outbursts.

Portia, while charismatic and personable, has yet to show me any depth and originality. She is encumbered with a tired set and even the newbies seem to be angling for their drink of the feeding tree.

If I had my way, Bruce gets 1 term to prove that he can handle it. If not, OUT!!!! and we go with another. No room for sentimentality. Perform or go...make no bones about it. We have already wasted enuff time and we are now waaaayyyy back of the class.

"No time to be deceived, brother U gotta know not just believe"

Comment

Ha ha ha..this is not to condemn illegal votes but it wa snot quite 115% Lazie, it was 105% but who wa sit that used to steal ballott boxes and jump fences..both parties do it or at least used to do it, youi mek it sound like seh is just one side that is corrupt...but I understand you have to add to things like the 25,00 houses that suddenly dissappear
                            you seem to be perfecting the art of hopscotch. 45th year of independence and unuh still discuss politics in such a comical manner? There is no surprise unuh continue electing clowns.

Comment

I am on record to say Portia was NEVER my choice as party president but as one insider told me, she is the best leader to win the election...
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X