X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jah Cure free today -lock up your daughters

Jah Cure free today

Jonique Gaynor, Staff Reporter
    The wait and the longing is finally over. Popular entertainer Siccature Alcock, more commonly known as Jah Cure, is expected to be released from the Tower Street Adult Correctional Centre today.
    The artiste, who was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment on rape and gun robbery charges, is expected to be released on parole after serving eight years behind bars.
    Major Richard Reese, head of Correctional Services, told THE STAR, "He is going to be released on Saturday [today], that is, barring any institutional breaches. Before he is released, he will have to go through a process of getting back his personal belongings and doing some documentation so I can't say exactly what time, but it should be before 10 a.m., since there are not that many releases on Saturdays."
    Major Reese warned however that he would be "taking certain steps" to prevent a mass gathering at the institution and said, "I wouldn't bank on the big campfire that's planned. It might be an anti-climax. He could be released from anywhere."
    But while the Correctional Services is moving to prevent a massive celebration that could potentially become unruly, Jah Cure's team is looking forward to his release and to the slew of activities that he will undertake henceforth.
    Through his publicist, Alison Young, Jah Cure told THE STAR, "I am happy to share my joy as I anticipate my release. While prison is not the most spiritual of places, through meditation I have learnt many lessons. I have learnt to humble myself and learnt to love and appreciate the Father for each blessing.This experience has changed me. I have turned negative into positive and have learnt so much about myself."
    He also revealed his expectations. "I look forward to seeing my fans the most. To see them in large numbers, feel their energy and the power of the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music[/COLOR][/COLOR]," he said. "I chant it here, but can't feel the energy of my fans. I'm excited to be on a stage, feeling that energy of the people who love the message. Expect only the best from me in the future, nothing less, just more good music and positive message."
    The concert being held in Jah Cure's honour has been shifted to October 12 - 14 due to the impending general election and according to his management, plans are going well. The two day event will be held at the Ruins in [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Ocho [COLOR=blue! important]Rios[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] and James Bond Beach, Oracabessa. Jah Cure will also perform at the Sundance [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Music [COLOR=blue! important]Festival[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] in Holland on August 12. As to what the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]singer[/COLOR][/COLOR] will do with his first days of freedom, Young told THE STAR, "Jah Cure plans to take a week to relax before his show in Holland, however after that he will be busy making positive music."
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.
Working...
X