The Ironic thing about free education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ironic thing about free education

when Manley introduced the legislation who ask how much it was going to cost and who was going to pay for it?

When Portia introduced free healthcare for minors who asked who was going to pay for it?

Because the JLP a talk bout free education all of a sudden it is too expensive. When many of us benifitted from it did we ask who was paying for it?

As long as the education system is producing world class students and is used as a tool for the development of Jamaica then it is more than worth it.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

But that's the thing, sass. They are both fighting over who can offer more free crap, but no one is talking about improving what we have. So, we are going to have everyone getting free education. All that means is that the 70% that can't pass a subject is bigger than it used to be.

Great!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So the bigger issue shouldn't be who can offer free but better education. That has not entered the discussion as far as I know and that is the debate I would entertain.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        But that's the thing, sass. They are both fighting over who can offer more free crap, but no one is talking about improving what we have. So, we are going to have everyone getting free education. All that means is that the 70% that can't pass a subject is bigger than it used to be.

Great!
        Look like yuh missed the news!! It was on the news last night where Bruce said they intended to revamp the education system? Manifesto a drop Monday .... get a copy.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh going to have to get one fi mi. I will give you my address.

Bruce is more concerned about the freeness, not the quality, or we would have heard more about his revamp plan.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh going to have to get one fi mi. I will give you my address.

Bruce is more concerned about the freeness, not the quality, or we would have heard more about his revamp plan.
            As a fomer ites once asked, "Opposition?? Who listens to them?" That seems to be the problem. People either choose to ignore what is being said or like the president of the NWU ... forming the fool.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Not so Lazy, people are listening to Bruce, lots of people... and the more the hear the more they are turned off, not only does Bruce lack charisma, his churclishness, thin skin and sore loser personality is coming out.

Maybe he thinks like Seaga in one sense that the electorate is not sufficientlky educated to really understand what is happening or what is being said and only good enough to mark and 'X', guess what, he is wrong, that might have been the truth 25 years ago but not so today.

Lots of undecided are there listening and what is coiming from the green men does not sound like plans, what is coming out is just a bunch of promises that even they are finding hard to explain.

Ask you sodomite friend from up a Barbican how many JLP ads have been pulled or changed in the last few weeks and how many times senior JLP people have been found wanting when media people ask tough questions about the freeness packages they are proposing.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
                Not so Lazy, people are listening to Bruce, lots of people... and the more the hear the more they are turned off, not only does Bruce lack charisma, his churclishness, thin skin and sore loser personality is coming out.

Maybe he thinks like Seaga in one sense that the electorate is not sufficientlky educated to really understand what is happening or what is being said and only good enough to mark and 'X', guess what, he is wrong, that might have been the truth 25 years ago but not so today.

Lots of undecided are there listening and what is coiming from the green men does not sound like plans, what is coming out is just a bunch of promises that even they are finding hard to explain.

Ask you sodomite friend from up a Barbican how many JLP ads have been pulled or changed in the last few weeks and how many times senior JLP people have been found wanting when media people ask tough questions about the freeness packages they are proposing.
                How many ads have been changed or pulled? I'm only aware of the ad about the man that was refused medical care cause him nuh have the money and when dem decide fi treat him ... there was no bed. Still nuh see why dem pull it.. clearly dem fraid a Portia and har bitichin.

CVM reported that another ad was off the air .... they corrected that.

If I say I'm going to buy a benz and Mosiah say him going to buy a benz and explain how he is going to buy it ... who would you believe?

A last week mi a listen to NNN, I suggest you do the same, people a express the same concerns as you and the so called undecided that you mentioned. The ladies on the program have to keep pointed to them that the JLP have been explaining themselves.

I think I'm right ... we need to change our motto from out of many one people to one fool lead many.

Comment

Sigh. One of the advantages of living in Jamaica. You know what's really happening in Jamaica.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sigh. One of the advantages of living in Jamaica. You know what's really happening in Jamaica.
                    Actually you're WRONG!! 3/4 of the people that live there had no idea what the national debt is, what was the %age growth of the economy last year, some still think Trafigura was actually a donation, but when asked why Portia sent back the money? Why Colin had to resign? and why AJ said if he knew then .... they all got puzzled.

I now fully understand why we have idoits running the country. As HL always say, a people get the gov't they deserve.

Comment

We know as much as the farin Jamaicans, and more! Yuh think living a farin mek yuh smarter, just so!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We know as much as the farin Jamaicans, and more! Yuh think living a farin mek yuh smarter, just so!
                        I've never said I was smarter than anyone because I live in farin, if you want to jump to that conclusion ... suit yuhself. The same way you know about slavery, why people that live a farin cyaan know what a gwaan a yaad? Check ..

"They are both fighting over who can offer more free crap, but no one is talking about improving what we have" (Mosiah).

The fact is on the Friday night news there was a clip where he indicated that free tutition is just the beginning as they will be revamping the entire system. Where you live? Where me live? But then ... because this is PNP country, unthinking people only tek out the one line about dancing and accuse the man of calling Portia a go-go. Yet columinsts talk about the sophisticated Jamaican voters??? WHERE?? kiss teet.

Comment

Lazie, I know you can get all sorts of news about Jamaica when yuh live a farin, but as much as you get, there is so much more that you miss. That's all I am saying. So when Sickko tells you about some things, I would not be so quick to imply that nutten nuh go suh.

We get news about the USA too. But I would never assume that I know as much as when I used to live there.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie, I know you can get all sorts of news about Jamaica when yuh live a farin, but as much as you get, there is so much more that you miss. That's all I am saying. So when Sickko tells you about some things, I would not be so quick to imply that nutten nuh go suh.

We get news about the USA too. But I would never assume that I know as much as when I used to live there.
                            Let me quote, "I'm not here to dance and prance, I'm here to discuss serious matters (or was it issues). If people want to dance dem can guh work in a night club and let serious people run the country (Bruce). Did I miss something there?

There is no doubt there are some news that I do miss, but if it is of importance I will get it.

Comment

They also puled the one where Ken Baugh was promising free medical service for all Jamaicans...
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                              X