Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But wait.. mi did tink seh Black Man

coulda guh beach now ?

"But despite her revelations, residents have noted their intent to forge ahead with their effort to secure prescriptive rights to the beach via the courts.

"I do agree that it (Barnaby's revelation) is a concession and important for where we want to go. But it doesn't go far enough. When access to the beach is going to be agreed upon, what we find happening is that it is the less attractive, less convenient and less enjoyable part of the beach which is reserved for the public," attorney for the Winnifred Defence Committee, Marcus Goffe, told the Observer.

"And then there is still the issue that sometimes the access you have to pass over land. therefore we want to go to the extent of having that public right noted on the certificate of title so that the right will run with the land for all future owners," added Goffe, who was also present at last Thursday's forum.

It is against this background that the group, along with other users of the beach represented in the matter, will go before the Buff Bay Resident Magistrate's Court in Port Antonio on August 8.

"The NRCA has also joined with us for which we are glad. They have filed an action, which is set for the 13th of August to assert the same right, because what the law (the Beach Control Act) says is that individual persons may commence the action on behalf of the public and so may the NRCA," Goffe disclosed.

The UDC is proposing to build a four-phase development in the Fairy Hill area of Portland, the second phase of which is to see the construction of a beach park, beach cottages and residential lots.

The beach is to feature "a ticket office, guard post, business offices and family-oriented recreational facilities as well as sanitary conveniences", according to documents on the development accessed from the National Environment and Planning Agency (NEPA) website."

Jawge.. is wheh a gwaan ?

sign of the times; beaches aren't for
    the average jakans no more. It's just a pretext of what is to come from you guys. BTW I see that illgeal taxis will be pardoned. What's next free stay at the Hotels on a weekend basis? Bwoy uunuh nuh easy. I really
    hoped that the education system in Ja would inprove but.... ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
      sign of the times; beaches aren't for
      the average jakans no more. It's just a pretext of what is to come from you guys. BTW I see that illgeal taxis will be pardoned. What's next free stay at the Hotels on a weekend basis? Bwoy uunuh nuh easy. I really
      hoped that the education system in Ja would inprove but.... ah well.
      The 'Evils' of the PNP are a pretext of whats to come from the JLP ?

Not sure why the JLP has to bear the burden of blame for what the PNP does. I guess it is like blaming one parent because the other one spoil the child...

You have never heard of the use of Amnesty to regularize a situation gone wacky ?

We nuh easy ????

Yuh ah joke.

Comment

Working...
      X