• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter R...See Mr B..

Burke's piece on Mr Middleton...It should stir some memories of yours

It all comes out in the wash

Thursday, March 23, 2017 t

The Welshman William Haydn Middleton, who was headmaster of Jamaica College (JC) from 1965 to 1970, died on February 25. He was approaching his 92nd birthday, which he would have reached yesterday had he lived. Students in his time as JC headmaster who served or still serve in Jamaica’s legislature include Bruce Golding, Dr Peter Phillips, Thomas Tavares-Finson, and Lambert Brown.

I was in second form and a boarder when Middleton took over as headmaster. On his very first morning we heard his new rules. No boy would henceforth be allowed to ride bicycles on the compound. Each day student was to dismount the bicycle at the gate and walk in with the bicycle. No parent or guardian of any day student could drive into JC in the mornings. They were to alight the cars at the gate.

Bruce Golding was head boy of JC in the academic year 1965-66. At no time was there a contest between Golding and Peter Phillips for head boy. Phillips was not a prefect that year at all and, in fact, is two years younger than Golding.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Higgins vs Burke....What's the issue.Politricks does seem like a JC thing.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      Higgins vs Burke....What's the issue.Politricks does seem like a JC thing.
      Mi know di Burke guy...but who name Higgins?

BTW..dat politricks ting is no happenstance. Babylon set wi up fi run di place from 19HowLong

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Don I read the article and as a "Country" dude does not unde

-rstand the main theme. Mr. Burke seem to be all over the place in this piece.Do you know what he is trying to say.
        Laundry cost mek dorm shut down..lol..
        "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Seems to be more reminiscing than anything else, and while not quite wanting to criticize Middleton he appears to suggest that his style of education was obsolete by the time he arrived at JC. He really starts going all over the place at the end though.

"‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
            -rstand the main theme. Mr. Burke seem to be all over the place in this piece.Do you know what he is trying to say.
            Laundry cost mek dorm shut down..lol..
            He is quite the rambler from what I recall... Interminable yappin on diverse subjects from him as he would hang around the skool "preaching" to younger yutes decades after he graduated

He means well tho. Not a badmind type like mi

Comment

Respect

Not true i share your thoughts on STEM and Ja soccer moving fwd..So no bad mind peep no deh pon dis ya site..plus Islandman a one a di dudes post mi look fwd to read.
              knowledge learned around here has character...wah gwan Sir X, Peter and Paul
              "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Me belly!

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                  Not true i share your thoughts on STEM and Ja soccer moving fwd..So no bad mind peep no deh pon dis ya site..plus Islandman a one a di dudes post mi look fwd to read.
                  knowledge learned around here has character...wah gwan Sir X, Peter and Paul
                  Seeit deh

Comment

Well said P.Higgins is a JLP propoganda mouth piece ,could be Maudib.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I must say as much as i needle him,Islan is a man whom i look forward to his post,we disagree alot,but is a bredda whey mek mi think before mi post.

Yuh get yuh ratings sah.

Comment

Respect sah. That's what makes this forum different, aggressive and lively debate and argument without any personal disrespect to each other. I hope it continues that way.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                        X