X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy now, Bricktop?

WHAT'S IN A '2'?

By Dwayne Mcleod, Staff Reporter
    I'm pretty sure that while growing up, we all at some point in time learnt that the result of one plus one is two, or that the result of two multiplied by itself one time equals to two, similarly, when counting in ascending order, we learnt that the digit immediately after one is two.
    So, why is it that some individuals are attaching homophobic stigmas to the hard and creative work of our predecessors?
    Truth be told, I'm a homophobic individual and as such I have no problems with others who are. But, we need to consider our actions especially when it influences the thought process of our kids - the future.
    In what I call, "homophobia gone wrong", we see obviously homophobic individuals instituting a "street rule" which prohibits the uttering of the word "two."
    I recently had the chance of chatting with a group of third grade boys, who all could not help but adhering to the rule.
    Believe you me, every time I said the word "two," the boys found it imperative to stop the conversation and correct me.
    To make matters worse, after much arguments, not in question of the boys' intelligence, I simply asked them to count to three. Let me just say, if their responses decided if they moved on to a higher grade, their parents will never have to worry about paying secondary level tuition fees.
    On five consecutive occasions, the boys replied "one, FEW, three."
    Of course I just had to hear their reason for not saying the word and they all agreed that the digit is associated to gays, at such they refuse to utter it.
    I'm telling you folks, continue on the same path and bad enough as some of us think our education system to be, we will have a whole lot more to worry about.
    I can just imagine our kids reciting their multiplication tables; "few time one is few, few time few is four."
    Funny as this may sound (no pun intended), its a really silly yet serious issue.
    We must never cease to remember that kids are like sponges, in that they absorb a whole lot, plus they live what they learn. So be certain to ensure that your actions, even if intended to be a joke, is one that will not be of a negative impact to the little ones.
    Last edited by Tilla; July 23, 2007, 11:27 PM. Reason: Because Mo won't clean up his posts to make it legible.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Sad. Very...VERRRRRRY sad.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Sorry I couldn't post earlier but I didn't want to be the twice person to post. HL yuh a play number twice

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Sorry I couldn't post earlier but I didn't want to be the twice person to post. HL yuh a play number twice
        AH-HAHAHAHA-HAHAHAHAHAHA-AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........TOO RHATID FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! - T.K.
        No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          LOL,LOL!!!! Idiot!!!!
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You are a sick puppy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I leant about this number two crap from a bunch of Jamaica high school student who came to New York for a United Nations Programme around 2005. What is even worse is that the teachers were in on this thing. The teachers told me that they prefer to say few or dos or two in some other language.

Earlier this month I took a dollar van because my car was at the dealer. I asked the driver for a stop a Glenwood road. The driver said that dollar vans don't business with Mr Glen's thing, so they change the name of the road to Glen Road! What a load of scrap.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

It gets crazy. Not even Womandeville is acceptable anymore because it still has the "man" in there. So it is Gyaldeville, and Gyaltego Bay, and Allgyal Town (why was it Allman Town in the first place?). It's gyaltenance, not maintenance. And you don't go down the road anymore, because "down" implies...something! And "bottom" is now "base".

Hell, even at work, a contractor gave me schedule of his activities which included this work item - "Level & Compact Btm of Foundation", apparently unable to write out the word "bottom". (Even with longer words and terms, he didn't see it necessary to abbreviate.) It was suggested to me that I use the word "base" or keep it as "btm" when transferring his information to my computer. I complied once and then said, to hell with that!

We better get sensible and quick or we might just end up down at the bottom of the economic barrell. It's 2K7!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  It gets crazy. Not even Womandeville is acceptable anymore because it still has the "man" in there. So it is Gyaldeville, and Gyaltego Bay, and Allgyal Town (why was it Allman Town in the first place?). It's gyaltenance, not maintenance. And you don't go down the road anymore, because "down" implies...something! And "bottom" is now "base".

Hell, even at work, a contractor gave me schedule of his activities which included this work item - "Level & Compact Btm of Foundation", apparently unable to write out the word "bottom". (Even with longer words and terms, he didn't see it necessary to abbreviate.) It was suggested to me that I use the word "base" or keep it as "btm" when transferring his information to my computer. I complied once and then said, to hell with that!

We better get sensible and quick or we might just end up down at the bottom of the economic barrell. It's 2K7!
                  Yuh know at first I thought it was being all said in fun. Damn talk about fool-fool people
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

This reminds me of Rasta talk from a decade and a half ago.

Rasta answers the phone HEAVEN-o, as hello ah devil business. They would wish ou a good strongend on Frida, we had the TV show reviewing reggae for the week called Reggae-strong.

If they explained something to you andU said you understand it, then the said U still dont get it. If U say U overstand it, then dem seh dem neva haffi explain it in di first place. Correct response was to properstand it.

They refused to call tyrants oppressors, as they were downpressing people and if you did them a favour, the appreci-loved it.

Comment

2,2,2,2,222222222222222222222222222222222...two, two, two...
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

When I was in high school, I remember some students would not use the word body either. It was thought that body reffered to the dead and Rasta did not deal wid dem ting deh.

So instead of saying somebody, it would be a someone or a living etc. Once you use the word body, you would be quickly corrected that "body deh a cemetry".
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                          When I was in high school, I remember some students would not use the word body either. It was thought that body reffered to the dead and Rasta did not deal wid dem ting deh.

So instead of saying somebody, it would be a someone or a living etc. Once you use the word body, you would be quickly corrected that "body deh a cemetry".
                          When your Prime Minister is infatuated with the Number 7.. what do you expect of the masses ?

People have Jamaica as a big joke... not sure if the people who fought for independence really understood what dem was creating....

It must be some form of sin to waste a country like Jamaica...

Comment

When your Prime Minister is infatuated with the Number 7.. what do you expect of the masses ?
                            Suh tell mi suppen. You mention her as YOUR Prime Minister, nuh fi yuh Primme Minister tuh?
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                              Suh tell mi suppen. You mention her as YOUR Prime Minister, nuh fi yuh Primme Minister tuh?
                              I am not using YOUR in the sense you are assuming...

Comment

Working...
                              X