Singer Edi Fitzroy Has Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singer Edi Fitzroy Has Died

The artiste, whose real name is Fitzroy Edwards, died Saturday at the age of 62 at the May Pen Hospital in Clarendon.

Born in Chapelton, Clarendon, Edi Fitzroy was perhaps best known for the hit, Princess Black, done in celebration of the black female.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...tzroy-has-died
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Edi Fitroy like his former friend Mikey "Dread" Campbell were to very cool, roots and down to earth rootsmen.

They would sit and talk to youths anywhere on any corner and was more concern about livity than the dollars.

Respect Edi, you and Mikey can link up in zion.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Real BIG man dat,and fully deserving to be a household name because of that tune.
      Buju quickly became conscious because of the outcry his browning song evoked,and he made amends,will the bleacher entertainers apologize?

Comment

RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3OxqyGnMUA
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

RIP Fitzroy Edwards.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Monster song...culturally iconic. RIP and thanks for the contribution!

Comment

he is from chapelton clarendon, i mean what else can you expect to expect?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Assasin help!

There is an chune...don't know if it was Edi Fitzroy.

I think its called "Country Man".

I am going to sing a part. here goes.

"....walk in the due, wetting up your shoe...or walk in the mud , picking collie bud, Country man oh yeah..........."

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7P5CTywhM
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle, I owe you another hot beer from Ms. Inez shop..... (on a sunday morning before the ice-truck come).

Thanks. I have been playing this chune over and over. It is going to stick in my head for the rest of the day.

Big Up Edi Fitzroy.

RIP.
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS_lyqvCaCc

and I can't find Miss Mollie collie
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                      X