Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't draw mi tongue

Battle of the ads
    Golding tells Portia: Don't draw mi tongue!BY ERICA VIRTUE Observer writer virtuee@jamaicaobserver.com
    Monday, July 23, 2007

A People's National Party (PNP) TV advertisement showing Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Leader Bruce Golding and general secretary Karl Samuda criticising the JLP, from which they had resigned at the time, has drawn the ire of the opposition party.
    The PNP ad, which started airing last week, features different events spliced together in which Golding lashed the JLP after walking out of the party to form the National Democratic Movement (NDM) and Samuda telling a PNP conference "what a way PNP sweet" .
    The advertisement was an apparent response to the "not changing no course" JLP advertisement in which comments by Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller are spliced with comments and concerns from ordinary Jamaicans about the state of the nation.
    But addressing a mass rally in Bog Walk, St Catherine on Saturday night, Golding declared that if the PNP wanted to go back in the past he would oblige them with untold stories that he too could tell.
    "If you watch your television, you see them dig up all kinda things that go back 10-15 years. So they grab a little thing that I might have said and they clap that on the TV. And they grab a little thing that Karl Samuda has said and they clap that on the television. And then they say, see it dere. Well you know, we can go back in time too.," Golding said.
    Rehashing Simpson Miller's "don't draw mi tongue" comment, Golding charged that the PNP was afraid of the JLP's plans to rescue Jamaica, and was intent on digging up dirt and going back to the past.
    ".But listen me. Tell them don't draw mi tongue. Because if we want to go back in the past, if we have nothing of hope and promise for the future that we can talk about, and we want to go back in the past, there are some things in the past where half the story has not been told.," the JLP leader said.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Bruce does not want to go there. And he knows that. I dare him to!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh need to check yuhself

Comment

Cock mouth ketch Cock again
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X