X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morehouse president issues statement on trump

... meeting with the HBCU's.

This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Not the white gurl wid errh fut pan the setee....

Here: http://rollingout.com/2017/03/02/mor...meeting-hbcus/
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Looks like Trump just wanted to take photos with the educated colored folk. Some of them came from great distances for basically nothing
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Isnt that what you guys have been cheering about,photo ops by Agent Orange with a grandiose speech,why do you think HBCU's would be exempt.You guys got what you wanted,a nice pic in the white house,with Kellyann taking the pics on her kness...lol

The stock market broke another record after that .

http://www.strategy-business.com/blo...nomy?gko=49ffc

http://www.businessinsider.com/chart...conomy-2015-10
      Last edited by Sir X; March 2, 2017, 05:14 PM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ignore my question on the other thread... your answer is here!
        Peter R

Comment

I was looking for the same answer PR.

HL

Comment

I cant understand the fixation on the Stock Market Index.

People figget seh in the short run its a voting machine and in the long run its a weighing machine.

Stop sweating the "noise", the short term excitement.

Comment

Easy Nuh Willi,The market was breaking records while we were in a recession,ask Greenspan he testified as such in congress before reality hit.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

A crash looks likely later this year. Yellen a bawl fi raise rates already...

Comment

MY LIPS are sealed as mi say,the real estate markets are parro,I heard cash buyers from Brazil are holding off in Florida.

Comment

Everyone knows that the stock market will go up and down, that it will crash and it will recover. That is how the free market works, and is not the essence of what HL and I have been discussing. What we are saying is that the major move in the markets is an INDICATOR of how people with money to invest are feeling about this administration, and the feeling is VERY optimistic. Not the-end-of-the-world-is-here and we-are-all-going-to-die that was predicted by many especially on the left.

What is absolutely clear, and what the Wall Street reacting to, is that big business expects to be given a clear path to do what they want under this administration. That is not an if, but or maybe. Their guy is running things and money is going to be made, more than ever before. Between proposed tax cuts, regulation rollbacks and changes to trade policy it is quite clear that something different is happening. HL as a small business man reported seeing the same optimism post-Trump in his neck of the woods.

The uncomfortable truth , for many, is that Trumps election did not bring an economic downturn, in fact it has generated excitement in the investment community. Wether they go to far with their optimism does not negate the fact that he has changed the invest outlook for many, just based on the platform he is promoting. if he fails to accomplish most of those goals, like tax cuts and major regulation rollback, then OF COURSE the market will react negatively. That is why it is called a FREE market. It is optimistic because it is anticipating major policy changes and if the changes don't come there is nothing to be optimistic about.

It is worth noting that post-Brexit the same this was said, the UK economy would quickly fall into a recession. Well, it hasn't happened and in fact has improved after the initial shock.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36956418

Oh well....

None of that means there will never be an economic downturn again, what it means is that predictions were EMBARRASSINGLY WRONG about the immediate impact that Brexit and Trump victories would have on the global economy. You don't have to like or have voted for Trump and Brexit to see this, it just takes some critical thinking.
                    Last edited by Islandman; March 3, 2017, 12:50 PM.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

LOL, you heard crops are rotting in the field and food will be scarce too.

My grocery store looked quite bountiful last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                        Everyone knows that the stock market will go up and down, that it will crash and it will recover. That is how the free market works, and is not the essence of what HL and I have been discussing. What we are saying is that the major move in the markets is an INDICATOR of how people with money to invest are feeling about this administration, and the feeling is VERY optimistic. Not the-end-of-the-world-is-here and we-are-all-going-to-die that was predicted by many especially on the left.

What is absolutely clear, and what the Wall Street reacting to, is that big business expects to be given a clear path to do what they want under this administration. That is not an if, but or maybe. Their guy is running things and money is going to be made, more than ever before. Between proposed tax cuts, regulation rollbacks and changes to trade policy it is quite clear that something different is happening. HL as a small business man reported seeing the same optimism post-Trump in his neck of the woods.

The uncomfortable truth , for many, is that Trumps election did not bring an economic downturn, in fact it has generated excitement in the investment community. Wether they go to far with their optimism does not negate the fact that he has changed the invest outlook for many, just based on the platform he is promoting. if he fails to accomplish most of those goals, like tax cuts and major regulation rollback, then OF COURSE the market will react negatively. That is why it is called a FREE market. It is optimistic because it is anticipating major policy changes and if the changes don't come there is nothing to be optimistic about.

It is worth noting that post-Brexit the same this was said, the UK economy would quickly fall into a recession. Well, it hasn't happened and in fact has improved after the initial shock.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36956418

Oh well....

None of that means there will never be an economic downturn again, what it means is that predictions were EMBARRASSINGLY WRONG about the immediate impact that Brexit and Trump victories would have on the global economy. You don't have to like or have voted for Trump and Brexit to see this, it just takes some critical thinking.
                        I'Man, I deliberately did not respond to X . I am quite surprised that you have gone out of your way to accommodate his impulsive, not well thought out posts on this and other similar issues.

I am praying for Trump to pass his tax reforms. Payroll tax, sales tax, business license tax.....it does not stop. Individuals and businesses need a relief!!!

Simplifying the tax code is over due.

If Trump does not shoot himself in the foot and launch his tax cut, I hope X refuses his...and give it back to the federal govt.

I admire your patience with X. I can tolerate just so much.
                        Last edited by HL; March 3, 2017, 02:21 PM.

HL

Comment

You need to put context on downturn , ala Trump's victory will see an economic downturn turn .Why insert the word immediately and who did so about the economy ? , although signs of pocketed effects on real estate,tourism and farm workers whave proved this.The general effects on how it will affect the economy will take awhile longer get to be seen ,e.g like the housing bubble.

The effect will not be on the scale of the housing crash which took 2 years to fully manifest itself but it will affect the economy.

As for crops rotting in the fields ,I said such a thing,I said fields,prices going higher ,expect scarcer.

Thanks for the economic post,I am glad you read and summed up the post," the stock market is not the economy"....lol

As for my How Low(HL} brethren he is praying Trump doesn't shoot himself in the foot,a wonda why ? Could it be like Greenspan sitting in congress pointing out all the good liad indicators of the stock market ,when the bottom was falling out.......Lol..Let's hope Trump isn't implusive....Hehe.

Thanks for your patience and most of all your response.
                          Last edited by Sir X; March 3, 2017, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                            ... meeting with the HBCU's.

This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Not the white gurl wid errh fut pan the setee....

Here: http://rollingout.com/2017/03/02/mor...meeting-hbcus/
                            Got to understand that Morehouse president was fired because of this letter he wrote after the meeting with trump.

Don't know the details yet....but does not sound right.

HL

Comment

Working...
                            X