Democrats should be afraid....VERY afraid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats should be afraid....VERY afraid

They need a much better plan than shouting "Trump is a SOB" from the rooftops, they really do.

Right now they are left with hoping for failure....hoping Republicans don't pass his infrastructure bill, hoping he doesn't give some kind of papers to the undocumented workers that are not criminals, hoping they can't find a workable alternative to Obamacare.....and most of all hoping for a big scandal to take Trump down.

I don't know if that amounts to a plan. They need a plan....fast. Otherwise 2018 will not be pretty and they may lose more ground in the House and Senate.

Predictions (please archive for future reference)

- Trump will deport less people than Obama did in his first four years

- Trump will get an infrastructure spending bill passed and enough Democrats will support it for it to be considered bipartisian

- Republicans will retain the House and gain seats in the Senate in 2018, getting very close to that magical super majority of 60.
    Last edited by Islandman; March 1, 2017, 11:03 AM.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

I agree with you that the Dems need to formulate a plan and fast. They need a single message to capitalize and mobilize the resistant groups.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I will archieve it, Trump will be a one term president .The problem with Trump from a democractic perspective of which I am not is , Trump is giving them too much dirt to work with and they have too many options to take him down.

* Let him drown under his own words
      * let him drown under his unachievable promises
      * Let him drown under the law of unintended circumstances.

The Infrastructure bill cant save him.I keep telling you perception is a hell of a thing, its not that he will deport more than Obama, its the perception he will.

The Democrats have a plan of give him rope ,let him hang himself , and then pull it higher ....lol....memba mi tell yuh.

The law of unintended circumstances,wrapped in perception.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The Democrats are doing what the Democrats do best....sit on their asses and remain quiet. It's like being on the battlefield and being dumped with a bag of ammunition and not knowing how to load the guns to take down your enemies. They think that remaining quiet and letting Trump hang himself with all of his idiosyncrasies will turn the 45% Trump supporters or the Millennials who don't give a rat's ass about ideology into Democratic voters.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Easy nuh man , unnuh parro, di bredda nuh even a 100 days yet ,1st thing yuh affi duh is.............hehe, unnuh gwan beat up unnuh gum.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            I will archieve it, Trump will be a one term president .The problem with Trump from a democractic perspective of which I am not is , Trump is giving them too much dirt to work with and they have too many options to take him down.

* Let him drown under his own words
            * let him drown under his unachievable promises
            * Let him drown under the law of unintended circumstances.

The Infrastructure bill cant save him.I keep telling you perception is a hell of a thing, its not that he will deport more than Obama, its the perception he will.

The Democrats have a plan of give him rope ,let him hang himself , and then pull it higher ....lol....memba mi tell yuh.

The law of unintended circumstances,wrapped in perception.
            I was hoping you would recuse yourself from this post Sir X.

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

You keep saying that, a suh unnuh parro , a suh yuh heart weak , when mi call Portia sweep of Anju where were you ? a suh it set wid Trump !

Memba mi tell yuh weakheart.What do you and Islan care, your stocks are going up and according to you, Trump has done some good things (40 days ) ,we all asked what and you just got quiet

Comment

Yeah that "give him rope to hang himself" plan worked really well for his opponents during the campaign didn't it?

Oh wait...
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Exactly , keep it up and the base they will be left with will be gays, urban blacks and liberal elites. Dat coalition too small to win much, especially in mid term elections.

Comment

Wrong messenger, a self defeating predicatble outcome by those who felt the burn.

Easy brethren,lets see if the democrats learnt anything.

Comment

The Dow buss thru 21,000 today following the Trump speech! 401(k) accounts all over the US deh pon fya!! :

I care because Trump is still a dangerous demagogue. I care because I want people who are not rich to be able breath clean air and drink clean water for generations to come. I care because I don't believe in religious and ethnic stereotyping and persecution. I care because I really can't stand Trump and never did like him as a person.

But I would be HAPPY if he gets Democrats to rethink their approach from one of being guardians of the eternal welfare state to one of helping people to help themselves. Supporting a govt funded program that has a warm and fuzzy name is not enough for me. I need answers like does it really accomplish what it was intended to do? Is it sustainable? What are the unintended consequences and how can they be fixed? Little irrelevant details like that.
                      I feel exactly the same way about political parties Jamaica. Declaring that you "love poor people" doesn't cut it for me. Results we a deal wid.
                      Last edited by Islandman; March 1, 2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I agree with HL. Thread lightly on this topic as it is too important to take any chances. After all, you were an avid Bernie supporter during the primaries.

Comment

Mi tell you long time, them need to get rid of Pelosi and some of the old timers.

You need new people with new vision.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Democrats need not worry about prepared speeches.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't see Pelosi lasting past 2018.

Comment

Working...
                              X