So despite exhibiting her incompetence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So despite exhibiting her incompetence

Betsy Devos is voted Sec of Education? This is getting more amazing ... or should it be amusing?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

No surprise there. Democrats are basically powerless. That is what happens when you keep losing elections at every level for years and don't do anything to change it. You become irrelevant.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      No surprise there. Democrats are basically powerless. That is what happens when you keep losing elections at every level for years and don't do anything to change it. You become irrelevant.
      I am aware they are powerless, I was talking about the 'repugnants' who once again show that they will do what Donald wants. The fact that they haven't killed Price's nomination as yet shows where they stand.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Hitler was democratically elected .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Anybody who thought Republicans would do that were dreaming. He has Supreme Court appointments to make.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            Anybody who thought Republicans would do that were dreaming. He has Supreme Court appointments to make.
            Based on her performance during the hearings, I was 'hoping' that the sensible GOP members would see that she is clueless... apparently like her the GOP members ... oh well...

Comment

They are willing to sacrifice the education system of America for political patronage. I only hope for your, and your children's sake (those of you who live in America and those who would like an American education) that she has good people around her who will maybe enlighten her somewhat.

The appointee also speaks to Donald Trump's reckless thinking...everything is an easy fix that anyone with a billion dollars can repair!
              Last edited by Peter R; February 7, 2017, 05:51 PM.
              Peter R

Comment

What should they have done to change it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well education policy in the US is largely controlled and funded by the state and local govts, not by the Federal govt so I don't expect anything drastic to come out of her appointment.

The primary reason she was selected is because of her long time advocacy and support for charter schools and vouchers. She doesn't know much about other areas of public K-12 education and has shown zero interest in policy related to higher education.

I am not a big fan of vouchers but I do support the charter school movement so I hope she leaves everything else alone and focuses on pushing that agenda.
                  Last edited by Islandman; February 7, 2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Focus on local elections, find better candidates, build a strong bench of up and coming future leaders.

There is a reason Republican primaries have many contenders who are recent governors and the Democrats cannot to find more than one or two. Most state governments are controlled by Republicans.

Comment

They should have stuck with ObamaCare and better explain it. I reomember before Obama re-election how they abandon ObamaCare. Democrats should have spend more time talking about the economic gains over the last 8 years.

I just heard GM is giving workers 12000.00 dollars in profitsharing because of the Obama bale out. Democrats failed to sell the gains they have achieved. 15000 jobs and took us out of the recession.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well that is where you are wrong. Based on the last 2 weeks, nothing normal is coming out of the Trump White house. This woman going to wreck federal programs and you are talking about a president who is guilty of running a fake university. You can see what he thinks of other people's education.

When I worked at community college there was a lot federally funded programs along with financial aid and pell grant that many people.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

One man seh after this confirmation,

The MEXICANs gonna build a wall to keep out the uneducated Gringos and America aggo pay fi it!

MDYADWL

Comment

What federal program related to education is she going to wreck?

Again, most of education funding comes from state and local sources. This is not debatable. Yes there are aid and grant programs and no doubt they will use those to their benefit, probably to push for support of charter schools and vouchers and against teachers unions.

None of that in my view justifies the screaming for bloody murder we are hearing from Democrats, who by the way have mayors running the cities with the worst public school systems in the USA. What have they done to improve public education in their cities for the last 50 years? You would think they would be tired of producing illiterates by now.
                            Last edited by Islandman; February 8, 2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Hitler wasn't constitutionally or vocally checked by activism,the masses and courts were quiet.

Easy Nuh gamma.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                              X