Locke: When to revolt/rebel

I answer that self-defence is a part of the law of nature,
    and it can’t be denied to the community, even against the
    king himself; but that law doesn’t allow them to revenge
    themselves upon him
    . So if the king in hatred sets himself
    not merely against this or that person but against the body
    of the commonwealth of which he is the head, and with
    intolerable ill usage cruelly tyrannizes over all or many of the people, then the people have a right to resist and
    defend themselves from injury. But in doing this they must
    be careful only to •defend themselves, and not to •attack
    their king. They may make good the damages they have
    received, but must not under any provocation cross the
    line of appropriate reverence and respect. They may push
    back the present attempt but must not take revenge for past
    violences;
    for it is natural for us to •defend life and limb, but
    it is against nature for •an inferior to punish a superior. . . .
    So this is the privilege of the people in general, as compared
    with any private person: particular men. . . .have no other
    remedy but patience, whereas the body of the people may
    respectfully resist intolerable tyranny. ·I stress intolerable;
    for when the tyranny is only moderate they ought to endure
    it·.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      The downfall of Trump: Ruling arbitrarily by executive order

Locke: When to revolt/rebel

I answer that self-defence is a part of the law of nature,
      and it can’t be denied to the community, even against the
      king himself; but that law doesn’t allow them to revenge
      themselves upon him
      . So if the king in hatred sets himself
      not merely against this or that person but against the body
      of the commonwealth of which he is the head, and with
      intolerable ill usage cruelly tyrannizes over all or many of the people, then the people have a right to resist and
      defend themselves from injury. But in doing this they must
      be careful only to •defend themselves, and not to •attack
      their king. They may make good the damages they have
      received, but must not under any provocation cross the
      line of appropriate reverence and respect. They may push
      back the present attempt but must not take revenge for past
      violences;
      for it is natural for us to •defend life and limb, but
      it is against nature for •an inferior to punish a superior. . . .
      So this is the privilege of the people in general, as compared
      with any private person: particular men. . . .have no other
      remedy but patience, whereas the body of the people may
      respectfully resist intolerable tyranny. ·I stress intolerable;
      for when the tyranny is only moderate they ought to endure
      it·.
      Unfortunately the Democrats are in such a weak state they are not providing any leadership for the resistance, and I am still not seeing any serious pushback from Republicans and independent elected officials. Until that happens and Trump feels threatened he will continue his rampage in Washington. His base is giddy right now, he is keeping his promises.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

You don't I do,the push back is building a foundation ,don't expect it to be all at once or in a sudden ,like the tea party it will build its base.From what I see,it's off to a good start and most of all the state of nature is on their side,so is a state of war enforced by the constitution.

Trump can't win,one term mi say!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yes the Tea Party did start out as an angry, disorganized group so the potential is there.

I want to see if this is the "shock and awe" phase or he plans to continue at this pace. This seems unsustainable but you never know with Team Trump.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lol....You must be kidding,can a leopard change its spots,not even a week and this is where we are,talk to me at the end of the year,naaah 6 months.

Comment

Well he has just about addressed all his campaign promises to his base in some way so I would think its time for him to take a breather and watch the fallout.

Only thing left is to arrest Hillary. That sounded ridiculous up to a week ago but now anything seems possible.

Comment

X, I am beginning to take the inverse of your predictions seriously .

You predicted a Clinton landslide....etc etc etc etc...

Very scary!
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

LOL! Two terms of Trump, if not three are a possibility. The deplorables are loving this, they will be back to support him in full force.

Lets see if life under Trump is enough to get Weedhead Billy away from the Playstation long enough to register and vote in 2 years time.

Comment

I spoke to a deprolable yesterday,she is in shock and it's that he is coming through with his promises,I.e buyer's remorse!

HL I am allowed to get one wrong,esp when hurricane winds ( parents) are telling you how to vote a certain way,I had to justify it, Wang moved my needle.....hehe,hey Trump winning by a few 10- 100k votes isn't overwhelming,despite what Trump says.

Comment

That must be a NYC deplorable, LOL.

Down inna the real Deploristan is pure rejoicing and praying.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        Elda... Unfortunately I have no idea what to make of this spiel.

Could be just me. My apologies
                        You really do not wish itemizing of some points covered in each previous posts and specifically what areas your post implicitly touches...makes as connections/associations are pondered?

...but as an aside; to zero in on a misstatement as it relates to blacks on global implications. There are many with the most notable being those of the most visible 44th President of the United States using his bully pulpit, his appointments and policy directives.

...even our Jamaica immediate past Prime Minister and her then Minister of Education on occasions spoke out! Cho man!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          Well he has just about addressed all his campaign promises to his base in some way so I would think its time for him to take a breather and watch the fallout.

Only thing left is to arrest Hillary. That sounded ridiculous up to a week ago but now anything seems possible.
                          I think she shall be *persecuted (pursued vigorously)!

*Use that word deliberately!
                          ...as the charges are trumped up patently false!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

=Karl;572666]You really do not wish itemizing of some points covered in each previous posts and specifically what areas your post implicitly touches...makes as connections/associations are pondered?
                            Maybe that would help but I'm not making such a request
                            ...but as an aside; to zero in on a misstatement as it relates to blacks on global implications. There are many with the most notable being those of the most visible 44th President of the United States using his bully pulpit, his appointments and policy directives.
                            My opinions are not misstatements since they accurately represent what I feel...and are backed by hard data re the pathetic condition of Black people overall. Moreover, I have posted data affirming our pathetic condition here many times without any refutation...or even the possibility of refutation

If you choose to believe that Black people are in a positive condition...that nonsense is yours to cherish

As to this "bully pulpit" phenomenon...mi nuh bizniz wid dat. Dat name bag-a-mout

Action wi defen'

...even our Jamaica immediate past Prime Minister and her then Minister of Education on occasions spoke out! Cho man!
                            Yet more irrelevance about YAPPIN
                            Last edited by Don1; January 29, 2017, 05:01 PM.
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

President Donald Trump has reorganized the National Security Council—elevating his chief political strategist, Steve Bannon, and demoting the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Bannon will join the NSC’s principals committee, the top inter-agency group advising the president on national security.

http://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich...-bannon-549967

https://qz.com/897950/donald-trumps-...al-power-play/

Comment

Working...
                              X